Mono Stereo Images in mm 3.1 skins

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

rovingcowboy

Mono Stereo Images in mm 3.1 skins

Post by rovingcowboy » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:57 pm

1. download the brushed monkey from trixmotos site or the brushed monkey blue from his site.
they both have the same images in. just ones blue ones green.
or download the converted aqua4 skin by nohitter151

or download the aqua44 skin i did and posted on the site with my other skins.

2. change the name of the mmip file to .zip unzip it into a folder. then change the name of the msz file to .zip
and unzip that in the same folder.

3. look in the floatplayer or the player ini files for the section monostatlable copy that section just as it is.
and paste it in to your floatplayer and player ini files. don't worry about the postion numbers you do that
when you test the skin.

4. open up either of the player mskn files. now in the objects section look for monosterlable
select that only. now go to the copy button on top of the skinning engine in the middle and click it to copy that object.

5. do not close the skinning engine just click on open if the engine asks to save some thing click on the word NO.
you did not change anything you only copyied the object. now when you get the browse window open go to your skin you want the image in. and open it.

6. now you click on objects in your skins file and then click on the paste button on the skinning engine this pastes
the object in the list under the name of copyofmonosterlable. just click on the name in the right hand code column and remove the copyof from the name.

7. now if you don't have the image you want to use in the skin you need to get it in there or make one. the name of it mostly is monster.bmp but if you don't have one already you need to make it as a for section image.

upper left image is what mono is shown when it is played. upper right is blank.
lower left is blank, lower right is what stereo will look like when it is shown.

Code: Select all

|____________________|
that little example works in the preview here.

but something like that.

now when you have it added in to the mskn file for the player.
you are ready to tell the monostelable which images to use on the bitmaps.

first bitmap is the top half of the image only.

disabled bitmap is the bottom half of the image.
focused is the top half of the image
hot is the top half of the image
pressed is the top half of the image.

now you will notice when you double check the images
that the disable image has for some reason picked to use all the image
with out you telling it too.? just make sure you have it set to use the bottom half
again and click apply and don't open it again or you will have to reset it again.
it will use the correct images when in the skin.

i would not make a huge image for this as it does seem to want to do its own thing.
and the smaller images do just fine.

8. after you have it set to use the images just save the mskn file and then close it.

that is what you need to do for the mono stereo images to work, now just do the same thing for the floatplayer
and you are finished with this item in the skin. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. Proscan tablet Android 4.3 ) 7. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

rovingcowboy

Re: Mono Stereo Images in mm 3.1 skins

Post by rovingcowboy » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:40 pm

thought to come back here and add this post. why?

because i found something strange in this code for mono stereo.

for some reason the original post here seems to only be for skins converted and or that uses theme files from mm 2.5 skins.

i'm not sure why this is but in mm 3.0 skins and newer theme.mskn files i was able to use single images for all the bitmaps in the monostereolable object. and the item works in the skin.

but with the others it did not work. so there must be something changed in the code for this object between the different versions of the skinning engine.

but a recap.

i was only able to get monostereolable to work in both versions of mm3 converted from mm 2 but only the first way posted above.

and in the mm 3 skin made with the newest theme engine version with single images used per bitmap of the object in the mskn file.

:)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. Proscan tablet Android 4.3 ) 7. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

Eyal

Post by Eyal » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:55 pm

rovingcowboy wrote:because i found something strange in this code for mono stereo.
Maybe it's related to the Mono Stereo Label bug: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =6&t=39717
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:00 pm

didn't know about that or didn't remember it was there.
but if you add it like i said in the converted skins it will work.
and if you do it the same way in the mm 3 non converted skins it will work, but it also uses single images then too.
:D

:oops: should have read your link first. as i do know about that but did not think it to be a bug.
reason being is because the song is started. it shows stereo which is the disabled image for the object.
you switch to another player the song keeps playing but the skin is changed, the mono object does not get the signal from the start of the song that it is stereo, now that signal is a code for mono being turned on.
and since the song is on that is the code it gets. on . so it shows mono, but the second signal for mono off is not shown so it can't turn off mono, that is how i believe the code is working. because the mono option is part of the coding for the song in the header of the song. i picture it sort of like the old two stick system first one runs by the switch and turns it on. second runs by and turns it off. now if you start past the sticks the item is running. then the sticks don't hit the switch.
until the next file starts.

you can test this by clicking on the rating stars, and the seek thumb image. when you do that you are either stopping the song for editing or moving it to a different location. both of which make the monkey move the song back to the start and then to the place it was interupted which makes the two sticks hit the switch. turning on the mono switch then turning it off thus showing the stereo image. did you follow all that.?
:)

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:43 pm

i have found its just far better to toss the old mm 2.5 skin engine out and use only the 3.1 even on the converted skins. cause you just add the missing code in by copying it from a mm 3.1 skin with the theme engines copy buttons. and doing this to an mm 2.5 skin theme adds the code from the 3.1 engine that makes it able to use single images in the mono stereo button. no longer needed to use a button that flashes mono on the one side of the player area you wanted and then stereo on the other side.

i have in the vumeter skin i made used the one image as shown in the first post. but made the display part the same size with out the blank sections so it now shows mono and stereo in the same location when it changes,

leads to a much nicer feel and look to the skin.

so don't use the old theme engine on the old converted skins anymore just use the new engine and all works smoothly with single images.

still get the flashing of the mono and stereo when changing songs or it gets stuck cause of changing to different players in the skin.
but that is because of what i said in the previous post where i told eyal i should have read his posted link first.
which in short is just the way the mono stereo switch in the song header works. nothing to do with mediamonkey.