How to change the Font?

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Cammey

How to change the Font?

Post by Cammey » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:14 pm

I have been scouring the forum and have noticed on some people's set ups they seem to have a much cleaner font.

Am I missing something simple by a way to change it?

Apologies If it has been discussed before, or If I am being thick.

nohitter151

Re: How to change the Font?

Post by nohitter151 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:38 pm

The font is controlled by the skin.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:14 pm

what font are you having trouble with. the ones on the player the ones on the listview area?

the ones in this forum?

what skin you have trouble with the fonts in. all of us skinners can't fix it if we don't get told which font is messed up.
:(
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. Proscan tablet Android 4.3 ) 7. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

Cammey

Post by Cammey » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:26 am

Thanks for the replies.

What I mean is when you look at the Artwork forum and the Screen shot thread.

People seem to have different fonts on the nodes and music list library view.

Now when I change to any skin the fonts stay the same as the original installed skin.

The skin will change but I am left with the default fonts.

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:39 am

we use to beable to change all the fonts in the skin, now we are not able to when they added the font size adjustment option for the user to change to the size they want. so most the fonts can be change but not all of them. some of them never could be changed by us. so you might be looking at older screenshots and seeing them where we once could change those fonts.
:D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. Proscan tablet Android 4.3 ) 7. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:56 pm

rovingcowboy wrote:we use to beable to change all the fonts in the skin, now we are not able to when they added the font size adjustment option for the user to change to the size they want. so most the fonts can be change but not all of them. some of them never could be changed by us. so you might be looking at older screenshots and seeing them where we once could change those fonts.
RC, I'm pretty sure you can still change whatever fonts you want via skinning, what specifically are you talking about?

Eyal

Post by Eyal » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:21 pm

Cammey wrote:People seem to have different fonts on the nodes and music list library view.
Now when I change to any skin the fonts stay the same as the original installed skin.
I never saw any skin having different fonts in nodes and lists.
Can you provide an example?

When setting a font in Listitem object, that same font is used in all panels.
Unless I missed something?
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:29 am

nohitter151 wrote:
rovingcowboy wrote:we use to beable to change all the fonts in the skin, now we are not able to when they added the font size adjustment option for the user to change to the size they want. so most the fonts can be change but not all of them. some of them never could be changed by us. so you might be looking at older screenshots and seeing them where we once could change those fonts.
RC, I'm pretty sure you can still change whatever fonts you want via skinning, what specifically are you talking about?
i seem to have lost the option to make the fonts different colors when they are the selected current song playing and picked or showed as such by the program, not you clicking on it to select it. this of course might have been something in the beta versions of mm 3.0 that i had thought was a feature that was there permently? its been that long ago since i am not able to change them. so it could've been something i found worked when i was using the beta versions of mm 3.0 i found lots of stuff then some of it is not allowed or is now being done by the program, but i thought it was changed when they first added the size adjustment option.

but also you know you can change the header fonts in the theme engine but they don't change on the program when its used. and there are some other fonts that act that way too. i've gotten use to it now though.
so its not a big deal to me.

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:49 pm

I'm pretty sure that you could never change the color of the currently playing track, at least not since I started skinning.

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:04 am

nohitter151 wrote:I'm pretty sure that you could never change the color of the currently playing track, at least not since I started skinning.
well theres been a lot of things i had got working here at one time or another and then they would not work after an update, so I'm thinking errors can cause other things to happen too. as i was working on a skin where i did that. but it for some reason stopped either an update from monkey or from ms. but one of them fixed another error or that presumed feature i was using. sure stumped me on how it worked in the first place but i just chalked it up as another thing that was not suppose to be done, and i had found a way to do it, now i can't anymore so i have to figure that its for the better. :-?