MetalFrog Skin - Big Buttons Bright Orange Color

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

MetalFrog

MetalFrog Skin - Big Buttons Bright Orange Color

Post by MetalFrog »

I set out to make a skin that I wanted to look at, and got up to the point of having a functional micro player and main player. I ran out of steam, and lost all interest in completely customizing the rest of the skin.

I'm releasing all of my resources on this project with an MIT License, so anyone can modify, re-release or do whatever they want to with what I have so far.

Main Player

Micro Player Double Height

Micro Player Normal Height

Known Bugs
The float player was never finished, so it's very broken.

The micro skin player buttons do not match the main player's. I originally had an idea to make them glow orange when hovering, that didn't pan out after I made the main player. I just never got around to going back into the micro and redoing the buttons.

Sometimes, when loading MediaMonkey, the micro skin does not work. Restoring and closing back to the micro player seems to fix it.
The main theme was never styled, because I didn't want to spend a lot of time with trial and error tweaking colors.

-- I guess this is a bug -- I won't be maintaining it. Heck, I won't even be subscribed to this thread, so chances are I won't see your replies. Don't ask me for bug fixes or make feature requests. Take the resources I've uploaded and run with them! :D Read this post for more info.

Skin Folder
Yes, folder. I didn't even bother making an installable skin file, that's how much I've lost motivation.

Double Height Micro Player
http://solidaredesign.com/mmskin/MetalFrog.zip

Normal Height Micro Player
http://solidaredesign.com/mmskin/MetalFrogMini.zip

Skin Resources
All the PSDs that I've used to piece together my skin.

http://solidaredesign.com/mmskin/MetalFrogPSDs.zip

Enjoy!
A man walks into a butcher shop and says, "I'll bet you fifty dollars you can't take the meat down off the top shelf!"

The butcher replies, "No way! The steaks are too high!"
Shiny Rabbit

Re: MetalFrog Skin - Big Buttons Bright Orange Color

Post by Shiny Rabbit »

I like it :D

I think I can polish this off for you in a couple of days when I have some free time (unless someone with more time wants to)

I'm also pleased to announce Japanese song titles look very clear on it on XP

update: I've made a splash screen for this skin for those of you who use them

just save the image, rename is "Splash.png" create a folder in your MediaMonkey root directory, call it "Brand" put it in there

Windows 7 Enterprise x64. MediaMonkey 4 (unless I forget to update this)
tirim4

Post by tirim4 »

Looks brilliant!
MetalFrog

Post by MetalFrog »

Shiny Rabbit wrote:I like it :D

I think I can polish this off for you in a couple of days when I have some free time (unless someone with more time wants to)

just save the image, rename is "Splash.png" create a folder in your MediaMonkey root directory, call it "Brand" put it in there
Awesome. I included all my PSDs, but if you need anything else from me, shoot me a PM.
A man walks into a butcher shop and says, "I'll bet you fifty dollars you can't take the meat down off the top shelf!"

heartofhate

Post by heartofhate »

really nice skin. i like that fact that it is darkish and light-coloured at the same time.
is there any chance that we are going to see a monkeyrok skin? that would be really cool :wink:
Shiny Rabbit

Post by Shiny Rabbit »

heartofhate wrote:really nice skin. i like that fact that it is darkish and light-coloured at the same time.
is there any chance that we are going to see a monkeyrok skin? that would be really cool :wink:
unless someone else is willing to make one, it's doubtful as MetalFrog has stated he won't be maintaining this skin but anyone can mod and release it as they please as long they don't claim it all their own. I would make one but I'm having enough trouble tweaking the original skin as it is

Windows 7 Enterprise x64. MediaMonkey 4 (unless I forget to update this)
TankCR

Post by TankCR »

Shiny Rabbit wrote:I like it :D

Hey man, did you ever finish up the skin?
TankCR
MetalFrog

Post by MetalFrog »

TankCR wrote:Hey man, did you ever finish up the skin?
I got tired of the orange, and redid it as a red skin, and when MM4 came out, my skin was pretty ruined. I tried making it work with the updated Gilded, but I had some big problems with it, and decided to mix my player into the Photoshop skin that Monkey made. I don't use the float player, so I never did anything to it.

I can upload what I use now, and combine all the PSDs I used if you felt like tweaking things to your liking.

(click for fullsize)

MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

Please upload it, the red one Looks pretty cool
MetalFrog

Post by MetalFrog »

Sorry about forgetting to upload the skin! http://1drv.ms/1c2duz3