aero glass and transperancy?

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

remixedcat

aero glass and transperancy?

Post by remixedcat »

Will there be a way to have a transparent MM?? that would use aero glass or something? That would be awesome to have a transperant mediamonkey!
Lowlander

Re: aero glass and transperancy?

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey 4 will have many skinning improvements, though I'm not sure about this specific item.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

For now you can use the unskinned version to have a glass frame.

MM4 will have an aero frame as well as the tabbar background. I think the player too.
and some menus, ...

But I don't think it will be possible to have a complete transparent theme unfortunately.
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

For anyone wondering what aero transparency can bring in terms of design:

Take a look at the Z1-Glass skin for the Opera browser.

remixedcat

Post by remixedcat »

Dreadlau wrote:For now you can use the unskinned version to have a glass frame.

MM4 will have an aero frame as well as the tabbar background. I think the player too.
and some menus, ...

But I don't think it will be possible to have a complete transparent theme unfortunately.

Thank you very much. I can't wait for MM4 then!!! :D :D
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

looks cool if you like that stuff dreadlau but not for me, cause there is no use to make the skin if there is not anything there to have the skin seperate from all other skins.

in other words, you seen one glass skin you seen them all.

mediamonkey 4 is to also use the old mediamonkey 3 skins. and those are good enough for me there might be some featuers they add in to the program i need to skin for mm 4, i will do those in the mm 3 skins. but i have no way of
testing any areo skins so i'm not going to make those.

but i'm not saying its bad i'm just saying to each their own, for some like that and some like this and some don't like anything.
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

rovingcowboy wrote:looks cool if you like that stuff dreadlau but not for me, cause there is no use to make the skin if there is not anything there to have the skin seperate from all other skins.

in other words, you seen one glass skin you seen them all.
Agreed. I don't understand the love of transparency these days (no offense intended to those who do like it). Sometimes it's really annoying to have my background showing through whatever window I'm searching for something in. To each their own, eh? :)
Stop Button Freak
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

yep i should have said to each their own likes and dislikes. sorry about that vyper. :(

but i am also sorry to those i've made custom skins for.

because they thought i was not considering them. Well they were right i was not considering their custom skins
as mine. i think of their skins as theirs i made for them.

so if they wish to have the new style of skin made for them they will have to be the testing eyes for me.

and i'll only beable to make them once nohitter151 has finished his and let everyone else know how to do it.

or until i reverse engineer the default skin from the released beta version. but its easier to be shown then
to undo it to figure it out. :D

so to all those that i made custom skins for dont panic i'll never just toss you under the bus and
forget about you and your custom skin. 8)

edited in

oh yeah vyper i also have trouble understanding why the trasnparent is liked. more so on items like media players where the buttons are that you need to click.
even on my silvertone floating player i had to add images of the guitar on it
to give the viewer some place to click on the player with for draging it around the screen,
with out them you can't click on the player.
so transparent is still going to have the need for a solid none used image just to click the player or window.

i've noticed when i used that skin of mine that if i wanted to change the time count to a negitive time count i had to click
on the number in the count down and they are thin and change on you. so sometimes i ended up starting the program that had the icon on the desktop under where i was trying to click.

so transparent for players is just confusing but i'm an old dude that is set in his ways. so i'll try to make what the others want when i can and if they want me too. 8)

:)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Guys relax.
No one is forcing you to use transparency.
This thread talks about giving the user/skinner the possibility to have transparency in the skin.

As for the player don't worry;
There are two different files in the skin folder: One for the classic player and one for the aero player.
rovingcowboy wrote: and i'll only beable to make them once nohitter151 has finished his and let everyone else know how to do it.
Nohitter already documented several mm4 changes on the wiki skinning page.
All it takes is to go to that page, do "ctrl F", type "MM4"...
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Dreadlau wrote:Guys relax.
Oh, I know. I was tossing my own opinion out about transparency is all. :P
Stop Button Freak
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Dreadlau wrote:Guys relax.
This thread talks about giving the user/skinner the possibility to have transparency in the skin.
dreadlau sorry to make you think we're complaining. not sure how you think that?

the subject of the thread invites opinons from anyone. so we was just joining in.
remixedcat

Post by remixedcat »

Take a look at WMP11. I love the styling on it. To emulate that look would be awesome. Not all the player is transparent. Just the bottom part and the frame. I like that. I liked the glow effect on the text.

Think about the glassy effects of the vision or the eclipse theme, with transparency. would totally give it that sci-fi awesome look that most people on DeviantArt make for FooBar!

I am running the SteelFlash100k final x64 theme on windows server 2008 R1. I would love to have a theme that went with my UXtheme for windows.

perhaps a to-do for me or anyone else???
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Hello.

@Vyper, RC
Sorry if my comment sounded harsh.
Your opinions are of course welcome. :wink:

@remixedcat

Foobar surely has a nice skinning community.

remixedcat wrote:perhaps a to-do for me or anyone else???
There is always the wiki:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... and_higher
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

yep but i think we have a better skinning community here dreadlau. 8) there are lots of nice skins, made for mm 3 and i'm betting the others that can make them for mm 4's areo style are doing so now, which means tons for the new monkey also.

but you know its the same with any program that allows skinning the users of that program that really like it will
always want to make it more pleasing to the eye for them and other users of it that like the same styles.
so every program has a great skinning community :)
but its always our's that is the best no matter what program's skinners are saying it. :lol:
remixedcat

Post by remixedcat »

I know about Foobar's skinning community. It is very good. However, I would like to use MM. I hope to have the transparency soon. Thank you very much for the skinning links though.