3-Pulse [MM3 Skin] v 1.0.0.0 31/12/2010

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

DreadM
Posts: 1018
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: Germany

3-Pulse [MM3 Skin] v 1.0.0.0 31/12/2010

Post by DreadM » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:48 am

3-Pulse Skin

First released: 31.12.2010

Current version:1.0.0.0

Last Update: 31.12.2010

Greetings

This is a modified version from Pulse skin who is included in the last MM4 Beta builds !

To use this Skin with MM3 i have to change some things/objects like:
InfoPopUp's (MM3 dont support round corner stuff)
and reduce the number of used Icons !
and match the player title info !

Pulse Skin is inspired by some screenshots from Token Icons ,Dreadlau post here in the ArtWorkForum,
and so comes one to the other ,Dreadlau create this wonderful set of Icons ( great job for the first Icon set ) :D
Theme and Player was my part.
(so be careful with screenshots ,you never know what's happens) :D

Thanks to Dreadlau,Rusty and Petr for suggestions and constructive criticism ! :wink:

Theme / Player :with MonkeyRok
Image

FloatPlayer:
Image

MicroPlayer:and modified InfoPopUp
Image

Downloads:

3-Pulse.mmip Pulse Skin for MM3 !

MR Pulse Tab v 1,0,0,1.mmip Pulse Tab Skin for MonkeyRok !

Note:
MonkeyRok skin use Nifty corner stuff for rounded corners.
I change a bit the layout ,tabs are on top and current album is included the tab section,
to open/close the info panel you have to hit the arrow on left side!
For me it's the ideal layout ,and i hope you like also! :D
Thanks to Trixmoto , for look inside the files and clean it up , and his great script :D

When you have any Suggestions for the Pulse Skin ,let me know!

Enjoy!

and have a good start in the new year :wink:
Last edited by DreadM on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shiny Rabbit
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:15 am

Re: 3-Pulse [MM3 Skin] v 1.0.0.0 31/12/2010

Post by Shiny Rabbit » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:46 am

Ahh, my favourite MM4 skin so far, nice port ^^
Image

Windows 7 Enterprise x64. MediaMonkey 4 (unless I forget to update this)

Eyal
Posts: 3110
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:27 am
Location: Québec

Re: 3-Pulse [MM3 Skin] v 1.0.0.0 31/12/2010

Post by Eyal » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:09 am

Thank you DreadM

Nice skin, I like it. It let me enjoy MM4 skin on MM3.
Good work. Thanks also for MonkeyRok skin, although I would prefer a non-tab skin.

Eyal
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].

gpzbc
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:02 am
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: 3-Pulse [MM3 Skin] v 1.0.0.0 31/12/2010

Post by gpzbc » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:03 am

Very Nice! I generally prefer darker skins, but I really like this one. And I really like the innovative design of the mini float player And I LOVE the Monkey Rok skin. I love the rounded corners, and I love how the tabs are all the way at the top, above the info panel. It seems more natural to me that way.

Good work! Thank you for keeping the great skins coming!
--
The gpzbc

gpzbc
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:02 am
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: 3-Pulse [MM3 Skin] v 1.0.0.0 31/12/2010

Post by gpzbc » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:12 am

The more I use this, the more I like it. But I have one question. Is it just me, or is the Monkey Rok background slightly different from the main MM background?
--
The gpzbc

dypsis
Posts: 1112
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:51 pm

"Lyrics and Comment Viewer" Skin

Post by dypsis » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:41 am

Thanks mate...
Any chance of a "Lyrics and Comment Viewer" skin for this?

Mizery_Made
Posts: 2283
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: Kansas City, Missouri, United States

Re: 3-Pulse [MM3 Skin] v 1.0.0.0 31/12/2010

Post by Mizery_Made » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:37 am

What is supposed to be on the last line of the Info Pop-up Display? I only see "< >" (I'm referring to the one when MM is not focused, not the micro player one)

DreadM
Posts: 1018
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: Germany

Re: 3-Pulse [MM3 Skin] v 1.0.0.0 31/12/2010

Post by DreadM » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:24 am

Greetings

Thanks :)

@Mizery_Made:
Well it's the Time info you see ( or don't see ) ,this don't works on MM3 and i forgot to delete (it was a fix in MM4)
gpzbc wrote:Is it just me, or is the Monkey Rok background slightly different from the main MM background?
Yes you are right , i don't noticed this before! is it so bad ?

I relay like the MR skin layout and i think all my future MRskins will have this layout !
Ideal would be if the Scrolling window just displays under the info panel , so that the tabs and info panel always stay at top!
dypsis wrote:Any chance of a "Lyrics and Comment Viewer" skin for this?
No, not from my side,maybe you can use ion skin,
At moment i just use MonkeyRok ,it fit's all my needs (and i must reduce the number of files i have to look at :wink: )

gpzbc
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:02 am
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: 3-Pulse [MM3 Skin] v 1.0.0.0 31/12/2010

Post by gpzbc » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:36 am

DreadM wrote:
gpzbc wrote:Is it just me, or is the Monkey Rok background slightly different from the main MM background?
Yes you are right , i don't noticed this before! is it so bad ?
It's not too bad. It's just that the skin is nearly perfect in every other way so the different color background stands out a little bit.
DreadM wrote:I relay like the MR skin layout and i think all my future MRskins will have this layout !
Ideal would be if the Scrolling window just displays under the info panel , so that the tabs and info panel always stay at top!
I agree. The new layout is great. And I agree that it would be ideal if the scrolling window was just the bottom portion.

Thanks again for this skin. I really like it. And I think this skin design has a lot of potential as a dark skin too. :wink:
--
The gpzbc

dypsis
Posts: 1112
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:51 pm

Re: 3-Pulse [MM3 Skin] v 1.0.0.0 31/12/2010

Post by dypsis » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:28 am

DreadM wrote:
dypsis wrote:Any chance of a "Lyrics and Comment Viewer" skin for this?
No, not from my side,maybe you can use ion skin,
At moment i just use MonkeyRok ,it fit's all my needs (and i must reduce the number of files i have to look at :wink: )
OK. I don't know how you get the lyrics to display. It is always blank for me with tabbed MonkeyRok skins.

The other problem with MonkeyRok tab is that you can only view one panel at a time. And it leaves plenty of unused, wasted screen space below.

gpzbc
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:02 am
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: 3-Pulse [MM3 Skin] v 1.0.0.0 31/12/2010

Post by gpzbc » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:39 am

dypsis wrote:The other problem with MonkeyRok tab is that you can only view one panel at a time. And it leaves plenty of unused, wasted screen space below.
That's how tabs are meant to work. You only see one at a time, but all are available in less space. Personally, I prefer it.
--
The gpzbc

Goodog
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:28 am

Re: 3-Pulse [MM3 Skin] v 1.0.0.0 31/12/2010

Post by Goodog » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:06 pm

Hi Guys

This is also my favourite of the MM4 skins so far, so much so I wanted to be able to use the MR skin that was created for MM3 to go along with it but I was unable to load it hence my previous post in this thread which Trixmoto and DreadM so kindly helped me out with so I now have it set up very nicely for me :D

@gpzbc : The MR skin background is indeed a slightly different colour to the main skin but if you want it's pretty easy to fix, it just requires a tweak in the skin.css file. All you need to do is change each instance of the colour #E7EEEE to #EEEEEE and that will do the trick or, at least, it did for me.

Best Regards

Goodog

gpzbc
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:02 am
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: 3-Pulse [MM3 Skin] v 1.0.0.0 31/12/2010

Post by gpzbc » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:31 pm

Goodog wrote:The MR skin background is indeed a slightly different colour to the main skin but if you want it's pretty easy to fix, it just requires a tweak in the skin.css file. All you need to do is change each instance of the colour #E7EEEE to #EEEEEE and that will do the trick or, at least, it did for me.
Best Regards
Goodog
Ah yes! Thanks for the tip. I'm fixing it right now.

Edit: I also had to change a few other components, including one in the jquery-ui.css file.
Now it looks perfect! Thanks DreadM.
--
The gpzbc

dypsis
Posts: 1112
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:51 pm

Re: 3-Pulse [MM3 Skin] v 1.0.0.0 31/12/2010

Post by dypsis » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:42 pm

gpzbc wrote:
dypsis wrote:The other problem with MonkeyRok tab is that you can only view one panel at a time. And it leaves plenty of unused, wasted screen space below.
That's how tabs are meant to work. You only see one at a time, but all are available in less space. Personally, I prefer it.
I realise it is how tabs are meant to work. I just don't like it and find it unnecessary and counter productive for what MonkeyRok is intended to do. You can only display and view one panel at a time. I always believe a well designed app requires you to click less, not more.

Another example is if you use the "Artist Events" panel. You have to physically click on the "Artist Events" panel each and every time you play a different artist to see if the artist is playing in your location. The non-tabbed version simply appears there if an artist is playing in your location.

I guess it is a personal thing, so I'll move on, now. :wink:

Mizery_Made
Posts: 2283
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: Kansas City, Missouri, United States

Re: 3-Pulse [MM3 Skin] v 1.0.0.0 31/12/2010

Post by Mizery_Made » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:01 pm

dypsis wrote:Another example is if you use the "Artist Events" panel. You have to physically click on the "Artist Events" panel each and every time you play a different artist to see if the artist is playing in your location. The non-tabbed version simply appears there if an artist is playing in your location.
In regards to this one, perhaps someone should ask Trix if a setting could be added that would allow tab selection to persist. I know that some tab scripts offer this, don't know if the one he's using can however.

Post Reply