Magneto Skin v.1.0 (10/07/2011)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

CoachUK

Magneto Skin v.1.0 (10/07/2011)

Post by CoachUK »

First released: 10.07.2011

Current version: 1.0.0.0

Last Update: 29.09.2011 - Added MR & LV Skins

This is a skin that I have been working on for some time as an indulgence for..........me :wink:

Splash Screen:

Theme/Player:

FloatPlayer:

MicroPlayer with Info Pop-up & Playlist:

FullScreen Video Player:

Doesn't seem too shabby in MM3 either:

I've incorporated DreadM's idea from his M-Plex4 skin and whilst the player does not include an artwork panel, there is a picture graphic at the far right side which, when clicked, will pop up the normal cover art display panel. This is also built into the float player as well.

My thanks again to nohitter151 for the inclusion of his Vitreous icon pack.

29.09.11 - Added MonkeyRok & LyricsViewer skins

Download:
Skin file - Magneto.msz
Splash Screen Image - Splash.png

MonkeyRok Skin - Magneto_MR.zip
LyricsViewer Skin - Magneto_LV.zip
Last edited by CoachUK on Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lifetime Gold since 2004...the Monkey just gets better and better.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skins: NouveauDark : Trilia : eiBox : Nbeat : IceBlue/IceGrey : Diastrom : Magneto : iPhonish : Ultra : Desire & Desired : Aracebo : Abrax : miniMus : Quatx : ND3 : Omia : Origin.X : Track 7 / 8 / 9 : Xpres: OSW8: Enviro1, Enviro2, Enviro3: Electra
DreadM

Re: [MM4] Magneto Skin v.1.0 (10/07/2011)

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Nice work coach,
looks like you were very creative and productive past time,
great idea to put the AArt button also in the mainplayer,
why i don't think about :( :lol:
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Based on the screens, I think I would really like this skin, if not for the "stripes" (on the tree, track list, now playing, splash background). I know you said this skin was for yourself, but is there any chance of like a "Magneto Solid" variation which removes the striping? Fine if not, but thought it couldn't hurt to throw the idea out there.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

This is a solid, beautiful skin. Love the AA button. Well Done and thank you for sharing.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Nice skin. I think your best skin so far. :D
And stripes looks good.
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Nice work!
--
The gpzbc
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Coach,

On a side note concerning your screen shot, am I to believe that with MM4 we will be able to position windows in more places than we can now in MM3? And what do you have right above the player?
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

Many thanks for the comments.

@DreadM... I watch and learn from 'The Master', then I have to tweak your idea so it doesn't look like I totally copied you! :wink: :lol:

@Mizery_Made... If you don't like the stripes, it's good job I didn't go with my original ideas....
or
Fine if not, but thought it couldn't hurt to throw the idea out there.
It certainly doesn't hurt to throw the idea out there and I'll look at a little reworking for you as soon as I get a chance :)

@Dreadlau... Thanks, and I agree with you.

@rrfpacker... I'm not aware of variation to window positioning (although I'm no expert on MM4). I think it just may be the overall different feel you get with MM4 due to the built-in cover-flow, Tabbed panes, etc. Above the player in the Theme screenshot is the Standard 'Art & Details' panel (View>Art & Details) although I have the panel set up to show some details as well as the image (Right click on the panel > Choose Fields....then tick the fields you want - More fields=smaller image). To the right of this I have the 'Now Playing' panel with Title Bar turned off. Hope this clarifies for you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skins: NouveauDark : Trilia : eiBox : Nbeat : IceBlue/IceGrey : Diastrom : Magneto : iPhonish : Ultra : Desire & Desired : Aracebo : Abrax : miniMus : Quatx : ND3 : Omia : Origin.X : Track 7 / 8 / 9 : Xpres: OSW8: Enviro1, Enviro2, Enviro3: Electra
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

Thanks. I will definitely have a look.

Where does one put the Splash.png file?
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

MM3 monkey » Where does one put the Splash.png file?
First, check to see if you have a Brand folder already and that's where you'll find any existing splash image. e.g. C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey4\Brand
If there is already a Brand folder, before you do anything else, rename your existing splash.png image to another name e.g. old_splash.png - this way you can revert to it later if you wish.

If there is no Brand folder, create one e.g. C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey4\Brand

Save the Magneto Splash.png to the Brand folder.

When you next start MM the splash screen should be displayed. However, this will be overridden if you use a skin where a Splash image has been incorporated as a default for that skin. I choose not to do it that way as it's all a matter of personal taste.

If you want to revert to the MM default splash image (Black), simply delete (or rename) the Brand folder.
If you want to revert to the previous splash screen which you renamed, simply rename the current file to magneto_splash.png and then rename old_splash.png file to splash.png

Changes will apply when you restart MM.
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

Thank you.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

CoachUK wrote:@Mizery_Made... If you don't like the stripes, it's good job I didn't go with my original ideas....
or
While (as already indicated) I'm not a fan of the stripes, I'll say that I personally feel they were the better choice over your original concept. That's just my personally opinion however, someone else may come along and see your original concept screens and request you put that version out too. Different strokes for different folks and all that.
CoachUK wrote:
Fine if not, but thought it couldn't hurt to throw the idea out there.
It certainly doesn't hurt to throw the idea out there and I'll look at a little reworking for you as soon as I get a chance :)
I appreciate you even giving consideration to the idea. If I lean away from the screen (or allow my eyes to slightly cross) thus allowing the stripes to blend into a solid on your screens, then I absolutely love the skin. I think I'm just drawn to the more "simple" looks, and less... abstract? I don't know. I'm not an artsy type so I don't know if what I said makes any sense. Haha.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

CoachUK wrote:@DreadM... I watch and learn from 'The Master', then I have to tweak your idea so it doesn't look like I totally copied you!
It's good to pick up ideas and develop ,somehow thats the way we all do ,even better when users like results,
and maybe the devs noticed this and decide to implant such function ! 8)
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

CoachUK,

Yes, your explanation is very clear. Thank you.
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

@Mizery_Made... I have this awful mental image of you leaning back from the screen and going cross-eyed. Nobody should have to sit there cross-eyed.....cross-legged after a long nights' drinking, maybe.....but never cross-eyed. :roll:

So to ease your pain..... "Magneto_Incognito" as a one-off for you.

Image Image

Download:
Magneto_Incognito.msz
Splash.png

Hope it suits....
:D