G-Monkey v1.1.0.0 /v1.2.0.0[MM4] (01.10.2014)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

DreadM

Re: G-Monkey v1.1.0.0 [MM4] (28.07.2012)

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

well if you just install this one from first side:

Lyrics Viewer Skin:
LV_Groove.mmip

then you will have no luck, its' just a skin for Gege's Lyrics and Comment Viewer 2.2
this you have to install first.
n8er11

Post by n8er11 »

Very well done. Non glass dark version is EXACTLY what I've been wanting. Everything looks great so far..no problems
gege

Post by gege »

FeliChe wrote:The most important is that I would like to see the lyrics. I installed the addon you have posted and is installed.
The problem is that I dont know how make to see it working.
In extensions the addon appear but not is working.
Can somebody tell me how to configurate it?
DreadM wrote:well if you just install this one from first side:

Lyrics Viewer Skin:
LV_Groove.mmip

then you will have no luck, its' just a skin for Gege's Lyrics and Comment Viewer 2.2
this you have to install first.
Additionally, my script only displays lyrics stored in song tag. It doesn't fetch lyrics from Internet automatically. Thus, you need to tag the lyrics beforehand.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for a great skin. I can see this one even with poor vision!

I like to suggest two modifications.

1. At the bottom left side, I like to have a button to "Stop After Current".

2. Due to poor vision, I cannot see if the buttons for "Continuous Playback", "Shuffle", and "Auto DJ" are turned on or off. More contrast in the colors used for the two conditions (on/off) are required.

Overall, I am very pleased. Thank you. :D
Loquah

Post by Loquah »

Love the G-Monkey PS skin - it's sleek, elegant and cool!

One request if possible. Can you have it change the colour of the currently playing song details in the playlist/library view? At the moment it just makes it bold and it can make it difficult to see which track is actually playing.

Other than that, it is absolutely brilliant - great work, DreadM!!!
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings
Loquah wrote:One request if possible. Can you have it change the colour of the currently playing song details in the playlist/library view? At the moment it just makes it bold and it can make it difficult to see which track is actually playing.
sorry but it is not possible at the moment.
maybe you can try ZvezdanD's Find Currently Playing Track script.
Guest wrote:1. At the bottom left side, I like to have a button to "Stop After Current".
why you don't use right click on Play/Pause button
RealPetChicken

Post by RealPetChicken »

after installing the lyrics viewer theme, how do i enable it? i go to options > player > lyrics viewer : Theme

and can't find the new theme. Any help?

Nevermind, it was called Groove, i think.
Duluoz

Post by Duluoz »

Great skin! Loving the dark version.

However, the MicroPlayer is too tall in the scenario in which a user sets the taskbar preference of "use small icons".
It appears the skin was designed with only the default taskbar height in mind.

Can this be addressed?
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Here is a smaller version

G-MonkeySmallMicroPlayer.zip

locate your Skin folder ,unzip the G-Monkey_PS .msz , replace MicroPlayerH.mskn and .ini withe the files from zip file.
now zip again the before opened G-Monkey folder and rename zip to msz, thats all :wink:
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Another great skin Dread!

I looked through all 4 pages and I didn't see this question:

Are you going to make or have you already made a dark version of the LV skin?
Stop Button Freak
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Hm, don't looks so .
i lost my hole MR skin folder (by win 8 update), with many unpublished MR skins :evil:
if i find some time i look for this again.
Edit:
i meant LV and MR skin folders :x
emueyes

Post by emueyes »

i'm new to mm and am still looking through the mass of good stuff. I think this's a great skin, it's my choice from the ones I've seen but would like to change a couple of things.

So, I'd like the mini player to have a larger art view, with the controls underneath the artwork. Like a mobile phone player in portrait mode. That wish-for miniplayer would then have coverart, trackname, playback controls, time counter for current track. The existing miniplayer looks nice as is, but it's a bit big for my idea. Some of the less used fields could be dropped - ratings, shuffle/repeat, making it a bit narrower so the artwork could on top of the controls group. I realise that I'll end up with a unique skin, causing update problems, unless just grafting on a new player is possible. A thought, too, there's winamp option for playback, would it be easier to do that, thus seperating the artwork miniplayer from the mm install ?

Though I like and am using the dark skin to avoid the 'headlight in the face' syndrome, I'd like the tray popup to be lighter, not dark - the one instance where lighter is less jarring, melding in and contrasting better with the Aero taskbar.

Lastly I'm wondering if there's a good mm4 skinning reference available, the tray message might be fairly minor to implement so I could try that myself. I don't mind coding, foobar guarantees that it'll be needed and that's where I've came from. mm is a world apart, so I imagine modding the miniplayer will need a bit (or a lot?) of experience I don't have.. I've gotta say too, there's some gorgeous skins available, it's a nice change.
emueyes

Post by emueyes »

I have a problem with the art+detail view here. The detail list gets extraneous blue hilight bars, which seems to be triggered when I browse around the library with tracks already playing, then switch back to the currently playing album. I put a picture of this at http://www.flickr.com/photos/emueyes/82 ... otostream/

It doesn't seem to interfere with anything, just looks messy. Also, isn't the blue bar meant to follow playback ? As a track plays, its title is highlighted but the bar(s) don't move.

Using mm 4.0.7.1511 and G-Monkey_PS 1.1.0.0
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Use to be allowed to change those with images of bars to match skin, but in fixing an issue that was changed to these blue selection bars, so now they are same on all skins at least i havent been able to change them anymore.

When we had images they would follow now playing song. But now it seems only the bolded text does that,
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
emueyes

Post by emueyes »

The microplayer seems like the ideal size for my idea of stacking a panel of cover art on top of a panel containing the nav buttons and sliders, the 'mobile phone' look I referred to. Something small yet useful for metadata like remaining time.

It's a shame about the track playing colour issue. I've been poking around in the float player section of the skin, looking for colour references without really getting much done. It does tend to look messy with multiple tracks highlighted too though, I'd be just as happy to turn it off if it won't behave itself.

Hopefully my other issue will be easier, changing the background colour of the tray notification message for new tracks.

@ DreadM so you developed this? Very nice skin, I've been waiting for the mm / G-Monkey_PS combo for a long time. Thank you.