Problems with InfoPop Skinning

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

B'jamin-da-Bass

Problems with InfoPop Skinning

Post by B'jamin-da-Bass »

Hey Everyone,

I've been having a great time (& mostly success) modifying the excellent Eclipse skin to suit my needs. I've got most of my new InfoPop working (much bigger AlbumArt & more track info) except:

1) Track #, Disc #
No matter what I try, I can't get the track or disc number to display :( I've tried Track, Track_Num, Track_Number, TrackNum, TrackNumber, Disc, (and SongLength, TrackLength, IDAlbum, TotalSamples just to discover a pattern). Spaces, # and % aren't allowed in the Name field in the ThemeEditor (v7.00). Weirdly, I can get Year, Date & BitRate to display without any problems.

2) Right Align
I would love to right-align some fields, but this does not seem possible? (I've tried all the obvious drop-down choices in the ThemeEditor.)

3) Additional Text
Is there any way to display additional text? For example, I would love to display the length of the track as: "(4:37)" rather than the current: "4:37" (added parentheses around the Length). It doesn't seem like that's possible?

Thanks in advance to anyone who sees this and can help,

- B'jamin da Bass
DreadM

Re: Problems with InfoPop Skinning

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Hm,

1) I,m not sure about, but i think it's not possible ,at last i can't remember.
B'jamin-da-Bass wrote:2) Right AlignI would love to right-align some fields, but this does not seem possible? (I've tried all the obvious drop-down choices in the ThemeEditor.)
you have to set "Text align" to "taRight"
B'jamin-da-Bass wrote:3) Additional Text
I don't believe , just in player skins/ini via TextMask and the =<Summary> option

I hope we can see some screenshots from your work :wink:
B'jamin da Bass

Post by B'jamin da Bass »

First of, thank you for the reply, DreadM!

1) Is there any way to contact the developer(s) to get a definite answer? Otherwise we're all just fumbling in the dark here...

2) Looks like there's a bug with the Rating field, then. I tried taRight and it works fine with fields such as Title, but not Rating (as you can see in my screenshot, hopefully).

3) Again, it sure would be nice if I could find some place to get a definite answer. I'm guessing MediaMonkey is not open source so I can't just go and fix it myself?

Lastly, I've included a screenshot of my InfoPop (hopefully it works). It's not a huge change from the excellent Eclipse skin, but I like it :)

http://www.benswurld/Screenshot-v0_5.png

-B'jamin da Bass
B'jamin da Bass

Post by B'jamin da Bass »

Damn it, that should be:

http://www.benswurld.com/Screenshot-v0_5.png

Sorry about that.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

B'jamin da Bass wrote:2) Looks like there's a bug with the Rating field, then. I tried taRight and it works fine with fields such as Title, but not Rating
Rating is no really text field,
and it starts always from the left side,
you can change the size from this field and the position .

nice screenshot. :)