New theme, anyone willing to help programing?

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Masch
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:01 pm
Contact:

New theme, anyone willing to help programing?

Post by Masch »

Hi guys,

I have come to the point where i would like to contribute with a theme, my only problem is that i have no clue how to "program" it.

I know my way a round photoshop and illustrator, and here i have made a mockup / prototype of what i would love to have as an working theme - so now i'm looking to see if anyone would like to team up and help out to see this come to live? :)


- Masch
rovingcowboy
Posts: 14163
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 7:57 am
Location: (Texas)
Contact:

Re: New theme, anyone willing to help programing?

Post by rovingcowboy »

Check the links 4, 5, & 8 in the links section of my helpful messages page the link to the page is in my signature in my posts. Those will show you help and where to find more help for making skins, there are help lessons and help template skins you should follow those and learn in a week of doing.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Guest

Re: New theme, anyone willing to help programing?

Post by Guest »

How about posting an image of your mock up so we can see if what you want to do is possible/viable within the constraints of the Theme Engine?
Masch
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:01 pm
Contact:

Re: New theme, anyone willing to help programing?

Post by Masch »

rovingcowboy wrote:Check the links 4, 5, & 8 in the links section of my helpful messages page the link to the page is in my signature in my posts. Those will show you help and where to find more help for making skins, there are help lessons and help template skins you should follow those and learn in a week of doing.
Thanks - if no one steps up, i will look in to it :)
Guest wrote:How about posting an image of your mock up so we can see if what you want to do is possible/viable within the constraints of the Theme Engine?
Sure, but this is just a really quick and just on idea base. A lot is missing as you can see :)

Image
DreadM
Posts: 1018
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: New theme, anyone willing to help programing?

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

well looks nice ,
and i think it should be no problem to made something like this,
except the search bar ( it would be possible to made one with round corners ,but makes to much trouble in different places )
also the right upper icons displays as drop down.
if i find some time i could made the player skin ,if you like. :)
Masch
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:01 pm
Contact:

Re: New theme, anyone willing to help programing?

Post by Masch »

DreadM wrote:Greetings

well looks nice ,
and i think it should be no problem to made something like this,
except the search bar ( it would be possible to made one with round corners ,but makes to much trouble in different places )
also the right upper icons displays as drop down.
if i find some time i could made the player skin ,if you like. :)

Yeah sure, that would be great.
Just name what you need :)
DreadM
Posts: 1018
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: New theme, anyone willing to help programing?

Post by DreadM »

Hm,
the orginal png or psd file with layers would be helpful,
at last the player icons (left side)
so i have not to start from beginning :wink:
Masch
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:01 pm
Contact:

Re: New theme, anyone willing to help programing?

Post by Masch »

DreadM wrote:Hm,
the orginal png or psd file with layers would be helpful,
at last the player icons (left side)
so i have not to start from beginning :wink:
I have just PM you the PSD file
paku
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:10 am
Contact:

Re: New theme, anyone willing to help programing?

Post by paku »

I really like this theme. Very well done. But I'm not a big fan of the colors, though. I hope there will be some alternative colors :)
DreadM
Posts: 1018
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: New theme, anyone willing to help programing?

Post by DreadM »

Sounds cool, looking forward to see what you cook up.
Ok, It's served, fresh and hot !
I use the G-Monkey skin as base and so far the player looks like this:
Image

everything works fine , but i think you could shrink the player high from 91 to 70 pix
Masch
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:01 pm
Contact:

Re: New theme, anyone willing to help programing?

Post by Masch »

paku wrote:I really like this theme. Very well done. But I'm not a big fan of the colors, though. I hope there will be some alternative colors :)
Thanks mate, actually i have revamped the color theme. You can see some of the changes in DreadM last post.
paku
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:10 am
Contact:

Re: New theme, anyone willing to help programing?

Post by paku »

Masch wrote:
paku wrote:I really like this theme. Very well done. But I'm not a big fan of the colors, though. I hope there will be some alternative colors :)
Thanks mate, actually i have revamped the color theme. You can see some of the changes in DreadM last post.
That looks much better :)
I can't wait to test it out.
Dreadlau
Posts: 1967
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:49 am
Contact:

Re: New theme, anyone willing to help programing?

Post by Dreadlau »

Clean and readable.

I like it.
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
paku
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:10 am
Contact:

Re: New theme, anyone willing to help programing?

Post by paku »

Any news about the theme? :)
Post Reply