Track 9 Skin v.1.0 (22.07.2014)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

CoachUK

Re: Track 9 Skin v.1.0 (22.07.2014)

Post by CoachUK »

@rrfpacker... I am at a loss as to what can be the problem with the white on white panels.

I was convinced that it must be something to do with the portable install as that seems to be the only difference from the spec you mentioned. Unfortunately it would not appear to be that!!! I just downloaded the latest MM to a new laptop that has never had MM on it before and installed it in portable mode. Then I downloaded Tack9 and Vision skins from the relevant threads and installed them. Both skins appear perfectly with dark panel backgrounds which show off the white text very clearly.

Not sure what this would prove, but do you have access to another computer where you can do the same as above and see if there is any difference. If they install/display correctly it would certainly point to your machine and how it is displaying certain elements.

Not the answer you wanted, but I'm stumped!
Lifetime Gold since 2004...the Monkey just gets better and better.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skins: NouveauDark : Trilia : eiBox : Nbeat : IceBlue/IceGrey : Diastrom : Magneto : iPhonish : Ultra : Desire & Desired : Aracebo : Abrax : miniMus : Quatx : ND3 : Omia : Origin.X : Track 7 / 8 / 9 : Xpres: OSW8: Enviro1, Enviro2, Enviro3: Electra
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Not sure what this would prove, but do you have access to another computer where you can do the same as above and see if there is any difference. If they install/display correctly it would certainly point to your machine and how it is displaying certain elements.
Finally had the chance to try MM on a different computer and the normal (for me) white background with white lyrics is black background and white lyrics...probably how they are supposed to be.

I am using MM on a two year old laptop running Vista. Any ideas on what to do to fix this?
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

@rrfpacker...Ok, well at least you know that it's likely to be your machine/set-up and not a general problem....I know....that doesn't help much!!!

To me this would seem to be one of two things...

Either MM doesn't display well on Vista?...It would be interesting to know if the other users who commented on this problem in other threads were using Vista...or is there someone out there who is using Vista and does not have this problem?

Alternatively, does your graphics display/adapter have a problem. Unlikely to be this though as I can't believe other people have the same problem at the same time. However, might be worth checking that you have the up to date drivers for your graphics card, etc.

However...the first thing I would try would be to run MM in Compatibility Mode. On your MM link on your desktop, right click and select Properties, then click on the Compatibility tab and tick the box that says "Run this program in Compatibility mode" then, from the drop-down list I would select "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)", then click Apply, then click OK. Then try running MM from that desktop link and see what happens.

If none of the above work, you need to go out to the garage, open the tool chest and take out the largest hammer you can find... :wink:

Let me know if you get it sorted.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skins: NouveauDark : Trilia : eiBox : Nbeat : IceBlue/IceGrey : Diastrom : Magneto : iPhonish : Ultra : Desire & Desired : Aracebo : Abrax : miniMus : Quatx : ND3 : Omia : Origin.X : Track 7 / 8 / 9 : Xpres: OSW8: Enviro1, Enviro2, Enviro3: Electra
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

CoachUK wrote:@rrfpacker...Ok, well at least you know that it's likely to be your machine/set-up and not a general problem....I know....that doesn't help much!!!

To me this would seem to be one of two things...

Either MM doesn't display well on Vista?...It would be interesting to know if the other users who commented on this problem in other threads were using Vista...or is there someone out there who is using Vista and does not have this problem?

Alternatively, does your graphics display/adapter have a problem. Unlikely to be this though as I can't believe other people have the same problem at the same time. However, might be worth checking that you have the up to date drivers for your graphics card, etc.

However...the first thing I would try would be to run MM in Compatibility Mode. On your MM link on your desktop, right click and select Properties, then click on the Compatibility tab and tick the box that says "Run this program in Compatibility mode" then, from the drop-down list I would select "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)", then click Apply, then click OK. Then try running MM from that desktop link and see what happens.

If none of the above work, you need to go out to the garage, open the tool chest and take out the largest hammer you can find... :wink:

Let me know if you get it sorted.

Thank you again for your time and energy to help with this problem. The drivers are up to date (so Windows says) and I ran MM in compatible mode, although for XP my laptop only had service pack 2 for a choice along with Window 2000, NT, 2003 and a couple of older ones. I suppose I could try those and see what I get.

Other than that, I guess I'll only use those dark skins when I'm not modifying lyrics.
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

@rrfpacker...Can't think of anything else to suggest... :(