Aqua3 skin revisited

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

MarineBrat

Aqua3 skin revisited

Post by MarineBrat »

I have taken the Aqua3 skin, originally created by Peke I believe, and made a tweak that was kindly provided by PetrCBR that allows it to work under MM3B4. It's the only skin I know of that has a small player footprint under MM3. I called it Aqua4 and stuck it on my system, and I like it a lot.

The problem is with the player button clickable area, where the clickable area on any player button is extremely tiny. The clickable area cooincides with the dark areas which are the small shapes that define the individual buttons, such as the arrow for "Play", the double-quote for "Pause", etc. That issue is not new and has been discussed before here on the forum. Search on "Aqua3" to see prior discussions.

My problem is that I'm not skilled enough to fix it without a little help.

Is it possible to fix this with Theme Editor 7? So many people have been asking for a skin with subdued colors and a minimalist player that I'd like to try to get Aqua3, with Peke's permission, working fully for MM4 by fixing the player buttons. Barring that, I'd like to take any one of a dozen other skins that worked on MM2 to work on MM3.

Is there a skinner around who'd be willing to work with me.... er..um, I mean, do the work while I look over your shoulder and watch? :)
Peke

Post by Peke »

Do it with it what ever you want it was made to be changed and make things easier for MM2 -> MM3 skin as learning part in transition.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Morten

Post by Morten »

Is it only the pressing area you want to change?
Best regards,
Morten
MarineBrat

Post by MarineBrat »

Morten wrote:Is it only the pressing area you want to change?
Yes, the buttons are already small (blue), and the tiny press area is only over the small button identifying designs (black) on the buttons,

From an earlier post by you...
Morten wrote: 1) If you define BitmapFocused, you must remember that this functions as press-area for all buttons except SeekBar, BalanceBar and VolumeBar.

2) Black color is press-area, white color is inactive area. This should be in a separate .png in the skin-files (player.mskn).
That should be enough information for me, and if this were some type of xbase or dBase application it would be, but alas I'm subject to ignorance when it comes to MSKIN's.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Only thing I would like to keep is that no additional images are added in Player.mskn except those in Winamp v2.x skins. My intention was to make skin that can be uses as Template for Winamp 2.x -> MM3 Skins.

But that is not as must thing it is only my wish.
Best regards,
Peke
Morten

Post by Morten »

Thing is Peke - if BitmapFocused was defined when you made your template, then you have destroyed the templates easyness yourself.
Best regards,
Morten
danhackley

Post by danhackley »

Is there a link to this skin ?
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3
MarineBrat

Post by MarineBrat »

danhackley wrote:Is there a link to this skin ?
Not that I know of, but I can email you a copy if you send me a PM with your email address.

MB
Peke

Post by Peke »

Morten you better Know what ThemeEditor is capable but if you set all images to same one you will not get Efect on Focus but you will have that skin compatible?
Best regards,
Peke
Morten

Post by Morten »

Peke wrote:Morten you better Know what ThemeEditor is capable but if you set all images to same one you will not get Efect on Focus but you will have that skin compatible?
Could you rephrase your question? :)
Best regards,
Morten
Peke

Post by Peke »

You are right, I completlly forgot about BitmapFocused behavior :oops:
I have tested and only thing that needs to be done for BitmapFocused is that you import one Completely black picture into skin and use that picture for BitmapFocused and all work OK.
Best regards,
Peke
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Peke wrote:Only thing I would like to keep is that no additional images are added in Player.mskn except those in Winamp v2.x skins. My intention was to make skin that can be uses as Template for Winamp 2.x -> MM3 Skins.

But that is not as must thing it is only my wish.
I have made this skin available for MM3 with an installer and fixed a few of the errors (small button clickable area, static list background, other player inconsistencies) as well as added a visualization to the player. See this thread for more info, a preview, and a download link.

@Peke: I added 4 additional images to the Player.mskn, I hope you don't mind too much. First was for the BitmapFocused layer, the next two were for Now Playing and Track Backgrounds, and the last was for the visualizer background. I still have the original file if it is needed.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Peke

Post by Peke »

No problems there I even Updated Pages that reflect to My original Template to reflects to your Aqua4 Skin :) All Basic Bitmaps from Winamp Skin Are There so No Problems at all.
Best regards,
Peke
aswler

Aqua skin errors?

Post by aswler »

Hello, I hope this is the right forum to post. I have downloaded the skin but have encountered two errors. I don´t know if they are skin-related or MM-related. Could you pls help me out? The skin looks beautiful but these minor flaws are still present for me. (using Win 7 if that matters)

Maximized window - right top corner: the red button doesn´t work for closing the window, it doesn´t do anything when I scroll over it or click on it. The other buttons are working fine. However, when using solely the miniplayer, the red button works absolutely as expected - it closes (shuts down) the programme. Also the red button doesn´t work e.g. in the menu window (Tools-Options): exactly the same malfunction, I can´t use it to close the window.

Scrolling/bouncing the song title: Even though I have set the option in the menu (Options - Player) to "bounce", the text starts scrolling when the programme is started again or whn I switch to miniplayer. (At first it bounces but later starts to scroll again even though the option is set. - just now: when I confirm the bounce option, it bounces in the maximized window player, but as soon as I switch to miniplayer it starts to scroll again :-(

Could you pls anybody fix it when you have time? I can live with that, all right. But it would be a great improvement.

One remark: I don´t know why many (most of them) skin creators challenge the user´s vision. I tend to think they are rather creating captcha environments than easily readable ones. What I mean? Dark background for dark letters and for dark hardly recognizable icons (e.g. podcast icon is not visible in at least five skins). The aqua skin is the best so far for me (that´s why I chose it) with only one or two exceptions: the blue strip just on the bottom of the maximized windo. It is quite hard for me to read and easily recognize the letters there (number of files etc.). Similar point applies to individual song rows highlighting when selected. Ok, it is readable, but not easily. I think the functionality should be of priority over the look. That´s my suggestion to increase the contrast between letters and background to improve readability.

Last question: Could you pls tell me what is the purpose of the blue button on the mini player: in the middle between "next track" and "shuffle"? It doesn´t work for me in any way.

Thank you for your attention and work!
Last question
rovingcowboy

Re: Aqua3 skin revisited

Post by rovingcowboy »

no idea on your questions in lower part of your message.

cause i stopped when you said you downloaded this skin.

please remove this skin from your skins folder.

it is old and check the skins download page at mediamonkey's wiki for the latest skins for mediamonkey 3.x

if you want the aqua skin then you can get the aqua4 skin in the converted skins section at the monkey's wiki.
but if you want rating stars on the aqua4 skin you need to go to my site i host my skins on and get my aqua44 skin.

but please from now on get skins from posts with new dates on them where they say they have been made or updated
recently.

all mine are listed in my post i called " My Skins Sites" in this artwork forum.
but please to save your self troubles and bugs showing up make sure you get a new skin updated from the skins download pages listed on monkey's wiki's skin site.
or from newly posted skin threads in this forum.

the skinning engine has been changed with updates to it at least 4 times since this skin was made. so this skin is going to be buggy.

:)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.