mp3tag's allmusic.com implementation

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Steegy

Post by Steegy »

a little off topic i know
Thank God :)
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Exaxxion

Post by Exaxxion »

Steegy, apparently there's been some code changes in the Discogs layout. There are example scripts at Mp3tag that supposedly fix the problems, but they are incompatible with the current installment of Web Sources Tagger. I tried to copy/paste segments to make a script for WST but that didn't work; I can't claim to know much at all about the scripting system used.

Are you planning to release any further updates to Web Sources Tagger? It really sucks not being able to use it, that application was the best one I have found :(
Dez

Post by Dez »

Where can i find this ,really want to try ??

links are dead to Web Sources Tagger.exe
Exaxxion

Post by Exaxxion »

Steegy pulled all the links to it because he hasn't made an executable that doesn't include the AllMusicGuide scripts. I don't know if he intends to keep working on it though, which is really disappointing.

Post by Guest »

Discogs has an API now and some people are making really cool taggers and other things with it:

http://www.discogs.com/help/api
http://www.discogs.com/help/attribution
http://www.discogs.com/help/forums/board/1082
Exaxxion

Post by Exaxxion »

I looked through those... aside from the implementation for foobar (which I obviously don't use) there isn't anything actually produced, just promises.

I'd much rather manually search for albums on Discogs and use WST's barely working scripts than their API. Then I'm not bound by their 5000 hits rule because I'm actually browsing their site, getting their ads, etc. However I doubt that I'd ever search that many albums in a day; most of my stuff is already tagged thanks to hours of diligence and WST when it was working properly :)
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Hasn't anyone made a Search Script for MediaMonkey yet? Using that you can also tag your songs using Discogs (or some other source) information.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Agouti

Post by Agouti »

Any news on a re-release minus allmusic?

If not, it would be nice if you could release the source. I've been itching for something like this and it would help if I had at least part of the source to save coding from scratch.

P.S. Extract Fields is 100% inspired fantasticness ;).
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

If you know the principles of Design By Contract and program c# 2.0+, then you can help me 8)
Agouti

Post by Agouti »

Surprises me that a free add-on would be made with DBC, which is more for corporate outsourcing, but yes, I've coded group based projects before.
Unfortunately I haven't had any experience with C# (personally detest M$ VS), apart from what carries over from C++. I'm pretty sure I've got M$VS C# lying around here somewhere, but I don't have XC# or Spec# or any other C# DBC stuff.

I'll install it and have a play tonight.
fenrir

Post by fenrir »

can some one please post a link to the deleted/new version please.

Have quite a few files to tag before the day runs out =(

would really appreciate any help
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

This script/program has basically been replaced by features implemented into the 3.0 release. Wiki: Searching scripts & Wiki: Sample AMG Search script. Surprised to see AMG used for a sample script seeing as they've contacted a few programs/scripters that have used these Website Parcers to gather information from their site, Steegy included.
Exaxxion

Post by Exaxxion »

Fenrir, let me make this clear... there is no new version. The last one was released in December 2006, it does NOT work with MM3 at all (But I still use it because 2.5.5's better anyway), and the search function doesn't work because the scripts are outdated. I've tried to update them but I'm not advanced enough with the scripting system they use so I haven't been able to update it. The Discogs ID script still works though, but you have to manually find the ID number (the number at the end of the URL) and paste it into the tagger. I'm more than willing to search Discogs for an ID if it means I can still use the tagger though, It's probably the single most useful tagging tool I've used :)
fenrir

Post by fenrir »

Umm so there is no way to make this work? Or any other scripts (or even any other software) to do batch tagging?

I have both 2.5.5 Gold and 3 Gold

Any help is really appreciated

ps: thanks for the quick replies
Exaxxion

Post by Exaxxion »

Well I never said that WST didn't work I just said the scripts are outdated and the only one I use is the Discogs ID search. I have the installer for it but I don't think I can put it up here because knowing AMG they would scream and kick and just generally cry a river about it.