Request for embedding visualisation into dockable panel

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Blake

Post by Blake »

1. Did you copy BOTH files Steegy provided links to.
2. Are they in the %Mediamonkey dir%\scripts\auto folder?
3. Are you running the MilkDrop visualization or something else?
kriscs1

Post by kriscs1 »

blakeloth1 wrote:1. Did you copy BOTH files Steegy provided links to.
2. Are they in the %Mediamonkey dir%\scripts\auto folder?
3. Are you running the MilkDrop visualization or something else?
Hi,

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes, Milkdrop

Hmm, I just found that I called the file 'VisualisationEmbedder.vbs' instead of 'Visualisation Embedder.vbs' but after recopying the correct files, it still didn't work.
Blake

Post by Blake »

hmm...

It could be something not MM related. Can you run the visualization without the embedder there?
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Did you already start the visualisation yourself?, because the script can't do that for you. Once you have started the visualisation, it'll automatically get embedded in the "Embedded Visualisation" pane.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).

Post by Guest »

Yep. it works fine without the embedder and even once I've started the visualisation it still doesn't work.
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/3371/image1mv6.jpg
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/7084/image2dn1.jpg :(
kriscs1

Post by kriscs1 »

Ah sorry. I misunderstood. You have to start the visualisation then open the panel. It works now. Oops

However, is there any way to automate this on start-up of mediamonkey? If not, I think I'll just get rid of it.

Thanks for the help guys and sorry for being a bit dumb :oops:
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

No sorry. There's no way to automatically start the visualisation on startup. I have been working on a better solution, but I have a programming question here on the forums that hasn't been answered on yet, so it isn't finished yet.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Waiting for G-Force-support! Pleeeeeaaaaaasssseeeee! :)
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Just installed the script and tried it.
It's really good and i agree that the embeddable visualizaition should be natively present in the new MM3 (or at least an option should be present which let you choose if you want the visualization embeddable or not).
As well, the "start visualization first and than launch the embedder script" thing is quite annoying, and it should be fixed :P
Thanks for this script :)
I don't have no time for no MediaMonkey buisness...

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

@steegy: Or is there easy way to create that exe by ourself?
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

This should be something for MM natively. Point.

Some visualisations don't allow to be "embedded". I think G-Force did embed but immediately crashed after that, last time I tried.
Afaik, MilkDrop is the only stable-to-embed popular MM visualisation.
scrapqueen

Post by scrapqueen »

So far this script has worked flawlessly with me on each of the mm3 releases until RC4. Well, it works on RC4 until I uncomment line 25. When I do I get this error message: Image

When I go back and put the comment mark on line 25 the error goes away and the visualization works as it should and can be moved around but doesn't resize itself. Any ideas? My system is XP Home SP2
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

What you did is uncomment the comment portion of line 23. This is confirmed by the error message.

You should leave line 23 as it is, but uncomment lines 4, 25, 33, 34, 52, 53 (i.e. for lines starting with the ' character, remove that character).

Cheers
Steegy
scrapqueen

Post by scrapqueen »

Ah I see. Thanks so much. Works fine now.
MM3 monkey

Thank you

Post by MM3 monkey »

I just came to find out how to change the shortcut from Ctrl+Shift+V because deleting the inbuilt one for volume levelling didn't enable your one. [Line 11 of the embedded visualisation vbs file in your auto scripts folder, in case anyone doesn't know.]

I'm always opening and closing MM, it seems, so shortcuts are vital to ... close embedded panel -> open viz -> open embedded panel. Have you got any tricks you use, Steegy?

Anyway, I just want to say a very belated thank you. Should have said it ages ago.
MMW 4.1.9.1764|MMA 1.1.3.0482|Android 5.0|Win 8.1 64 bit