MyMusix rocks

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

Randall_Lind

MyMusix rocks

Post by Randall_Lind »

I got this http://mymusix.mmvoice.com/products/audio/PD-6110/

It is a USB mp3 player put it in acts like a usb flash drive drag and drop music on to it and then take it with you.

No sync cr_p. 1gb = 486 songs 1 AAA battery 10 hours. so I have some rechargeable.
Macarena

Post by Macarena »

Dear I don't think this is so great a solution. Most people do not use synchronizing, because they have to, but because they want. Creative players allows drag&drop also (MuVo V200 will tell you later that is unable to play the music -- already when you are 'out of office'; ZVM will tell you right there that the format is unsupported), also iPod nano also allows simple copy onto the device.

I personally use synchronizing because I
- would like to sync the ratings from the player back to the PC;
- would not like to spend more time copying the files then necessary -- if there are duplicates, the synchronizing process skips them;
- have a very good tag structure, but poor directory structure in my music library

These you cannot achieve with simple copy (drag&drop) action.

I don't think MyMusic is a new feature under the sun.
Randall_Lind

Post by Randall_Lind »

It was a gift and works great on wav's and mp3's files. Mp3's is the format of choice for me anyway.

My friend had some wav's I loaded on it to test it. I personally wouldn't by a mp3 player. I love music but see no need for one.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

checking the link you gave it looks good but i can't find any earphone jack to use and it seems like it is just an flash drive with built in software to use playing music.

and i found this on the web site. which will turn most away from it.
  • : The PD-6110 cannot play copy protected WMA songs or DRM (Digital Rights Management) WMA songs. Most WMA songs purchased from music websites are going to be DRM WMA songs. Songs ripped from CD's that you own will have a copy protection applied to them unless you turn off the 'Copy protect music' option in Windows Media Player before ripping the songs.

The PD-6110 can play MP3 & WMA songs that are not DRM or copy protected. It cannot play iTunes songs.

:-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey can sync to USB Thumb drives, so that wouldn't be an issue.

The only issue would be if the player can rate songs/change tags and if those changes can be synced back to MediaMonkey.
Randall_Lind

Post by Randall_Lind »

rovingcowboy wrote:checking the link you gave it looks good but i can't find any earphone jack to use and it seems like it is just an flash drive with built in software to use playing music.

and i found this on the web site. which will turn most away from it.
  • : The PD-6110 cannot play copy protected WMA songs or DRM (Digital Rights Management) WMA songs. Most WMA songs purchased from music websites are going to be DRM WMA songs. Songs ripped from CD's that you own will have a copy protection applied to them unless you turn off the 'Copy protect music' option in Windows Media Player before ripping the songs.

The PD-6110 can play MP3 & WMA songs that are not DRM or copy protected. It cannot play iTunes songs.

:-?

Earphone jack is at the top. Yes it is a mp3 flash drive. DRM sucks anyway I think it is neat. for some one who use Limewire, Usenet (newsgroups) or buy none DRM files it is fine.

if you are a newbe it is a easy fun way also cheap to get in to a mp3 player. Later on I may buy a sandisk or Ipod but, right now it cost too much for the gigs I would want.
Randall_Lind

Post by Randall_Lind »

Lowlander wrote:MediaMonkey can sync to USB Thumb drives, so that wouldn't be an issue.

The only issue would be if the player can rate songs/change tags and if those changes can be synced back to MediaMonkey.
Nope it is really baisc. It not made for advance people the light doesn't stay on so can't read tag anyway. How ever it does scroll them.