Import Date Added from iTunes

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Onweerwolf

Import Date Added from iTunes

Post by Onweerwolf »

Hi all,

I am seriously thinking about switching from iTunes to MediaMonkey, however one thing that keeps me from doing so is the fact that i use the data in the 'date added field' for a lot of auto/smart playlists. I can't duplicate these playlists after loading the songs in Media Monkey, because MM will simply add the current timestamp in that field after you load songs into the library. So my question is: is there a way to overwrite the data in the 'date added' field for every songs in MediaMonkey with the data from iTunes?
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Anyone?
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Another bump from the second page.

Does anybody know if it is possible at all?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I should imagine that it would be possible, but I've never used iTunes so I don't know where that information would be. Is it stored in any of the tags in the music file itself, or just in the iTunes database file?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

It's stored in the database file as far as i know and not in the the tags.

If it helps: you can export the library in iTunes in a .txt file, opening this in Excel gives you the exact date added data for every song. You can also export the library as an .xml file and I assume the data is there too, however I don't have experience in working with such files.

So what i'm looking at is this:

I load my complete library in MM, which should then be the same as my library in iTunes. Now the thing that has to be done is that a script overrides the date added data in the MM library file with the date added data from the iTunes library file.

It should be similar to MM's function to import played count and last played data from the iTunes library. Actually: as far as my knowledge goes I think it should work exactly the same.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Email me the xml file and I'll take a look. :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

trixmoto wrote:Email me the xml file and I'll take a look. :)
Done. :D
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »