Lyricsplugin Search Script

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

jn

Lyricsplugin Search Script

Post by jn »

All,

I created a script to use the search script feature of MM3 to search and tag for lyrics.

You can find the plugin here. If you want to have a look at the code, you can use the code browser. I hope the script is helpful for you. Looking forward to options and critics.

Jörg
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

How is this plugin different than the Lyrics Plugin which is available via the WebSearch Panels script? Is it embedded as a panel in MM? Does it automatically update the lyrics within MM?? I would like to give it a try but I would like more info of its intentions and actions before I install it.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
jn

Post by jn »

They serve similar but different purposes. The WebSearch Panels follow the currently played song, which is convenient in must cases. However, to add lyrics, you have to select and press the corresponding button.
Search Scripts are like the old "tag from Amazon" feature. Select the song you want to add lyrics, and press ctrl-L. See the screenshot I attached in the first post. If you press "Auto-Tag", the lyrics get saved to the file(s) you selected.

Jörg
Last edited by jn on Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

So, the only difference between this script and the WebSearch Panels is it will save the lyrics when you select autosave and it will work on a non-playing track? What about searching for lyrics for more than one track at a time? As it is, it is nice but it would be nice to have something a little more automated.

Nyn

EDIT:

Also, if I am already editing within the Properties dialog, I get an error if I select the Autotag from Web icon.

jn

Post by jn »

nynaevelan wrote:So, the only difference between this script and the WebSearch Panels is it will save the lyrics when you select autosave and it will work on a non-playing track?
more or less, yes.
nynaevelan wrote:What about searching for lyrics for more than one track at a time?
works.
nynaevelan wrote:As it is, it is nice but it would be nice to have something a little more automated.
Hm.. I personally dislike everything which runs automatically, as normally that will destroy things :-D
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

jn wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:As it is, it is nice but it would be nice to have something a little more automated.
Hm.. I personally dislike everything which runs automatically, as normally that will destroy things :-D
When I say automatically, I mean an option to easily save the tracks without having to keep going into a dialog for individual tracks. For instance, if you take a look at Trixmoto's Batch Album Art script, it gives you a list of all the art for all the tracks which you selected, and you get the option of which ones to save and which ones to skip. The majority of the time I am editing tracks in batch format, and an easier way to do this would be great. Especially since I still have over 1000 tracks which I need to find lyrics for.

Nyn

drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

I am definitely liking this!
What a time saver.
I have always found the lyrics plugin in web search panels pretty accurate and reliable.

Now I do not have to be listening to the song to add the lyrics!

It just so happens that adding correct lyrics has been the "Tag project" that I have been working on the most lately. So, this will be very helpful.

I have been using it by opening my entire library, sorting on lyrics, then artist, then album. Selecting an album at a time and my new "auto tag from the web" add-on.

So far I have been only trying it on albums that would not be considered "obscure" and it has been working great.

Thanks for adding to the power of the Monkey. :D
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Neat! I'll give this a try. I've got a brand new library with less than 1% of tracks with populated lyrics tags. Thanks! :)

Update: Thanks D Rock for the album tip. I just tagged The Beatles - Revolver in one sitting! Alt-A ftw! 8)
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
irshjet35

error message

Post by irshjet35 »

nice script although I get an error when trying to get the lyrics, I get an VBS Runtime error #424 object required 'lyrics' line 74 column 25. I can click past it and it works, just annoying
runtherisk

Post by runtherisk »

Jn, I would love to tag my music with lyrics..over 15,000tracks..and can't seem to find a way with your script to do this an album at a time. I select the entire album, auto-tag from the web, look in the drop down box at the top to verify all songs are found, select all boxes/songs and hit auto-tag. The only song that gets tagged is the first song of the album. Am I missing a "select all" option somewhere?? Thanks again.
bob61

Post by bob61 »

I was just thinking about how great a script it would be that went and pulled down lyrics for a selection of songs. I use Tunebite and it has ability to add lyrics and thought that would be great feature for MM - and what do you know, script available the same day.

However, like "Runtherisk" mentioned, how do you process an entire selection of tracks? All I'm getting is just one track with lyrics.
jn

Post by jn »

Right now you can tag only one track at a time.
If you select multiple songs, each one gets an entry in the drop down box. When you select a song in this box, the corresponding entry should be checked and the correct lyrics are downloaded. If you hit Auto-Tag, the checked songs gets tagged.

Jörg

Post by Guest »

jn wrote:They serve similar but different purposes. The WebSearch Panels follow the currently played song, which is convenient in must cases. However, to add lyrics, you have to select and press the corresponding button.
Search Scripts are like the old "tag from Amazon" feature. Select the song you want to add lyrics, and press ctrl-L. See the screenshot I attached in the first post. If you press "Auto-Tag", the lyrics get saved to the file(s) you selected.

Jörg
You'd think it'd be that simple. I've installed the script. When I do the search, I never get any lyrics - just album covers.

scratching my head.... v3.0.2.1132

Post by Guest »

You'd think it'd be that simple. I've installed the script. When I do the search, I never get any lyrics - just album covers.

scratching my head.... v3.0.2.1132
Ok It's confirmed... I was being stupid. :oops:

Just had to take a closer look at the menu...
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

I'm a little confused. I haven't installed this yet because I'm afraid of a conflict. When pressing Ctrl-L tag information is searched for. But you're using the same hotkey to search for lyrics?
Stop Button Freak