Batch Art Finder 4.2 - Updated 03/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bones

Kudos to Trixmoto!

Post by Bones »

Fan
Tas
Tic

You are awesome!
Bones
leebel

Odd behaviour

Post by leebel »

Hi Trx. Just updated to a new Vista system and recreated the MM3 library, added your MusicMatch and BatchArtFinder scripts and noted more missing album covers than I remembered.

When running the BatchArtFinder script I noted that it will ignore tracks that it thinks have art but don't actually seem to have any. But, these are tracks as identified by MM3 (v 3.0.2.1131) that have 'Unknown album art'. When you look at the tags, some have a 'blank' image but the "Added by Trixmoto's BatchArtFinder script" description. If I delete this 'art' and re-run the script on the track, it finds the album art. If I check 'Save' and press 'Save Checked Images' something happens but the track doesn't contain any image art in the tag (which is where I opt to store art). The tracks are MP3.

Any ideas?
Manager, Blatant Fabrications Pty Ltd
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've been having problems with MM3 embedding album art in my tracks even manually, let along from a script, so I believe this is probably a bug with MM rather than my script. I'll check it out though.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Macarena

Post by Macarena »

I can't get the "start script automatically when playing track without album art" option working. The scripts starts itself when the IE window is closed, but it does not reload when starting a new track without albumart while the IE window is still open. Is this wanted?

EDIT: mm3.0.2.1134, baf2.6
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

No, it won't re-run the script whilst it's currently running - the queuing mechanism within the script couldn't cope with this. It also wouldn't be very user friendly if the current screen disappeared whilst they were in the middle of something because another track has started! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Macarena

Post by Macarena »

trixmoto wrote:No, it won't re-run the script whilst it's currently running - the queuing mechanism within the script couldn't cope with this. It also wouldn't be very user friendly if the current screen disappeared whilst they were in the middle of something because another track has started! :)
I see. thanks!
Baculaat

Post by Baculaat »

wonderful script, thanks a lot... had the 'common' error at the beginning but was able to fix it with your recommendations, thanks!

bert

EDIT: NOPE, THE ERROR GOT BACK TO HUNT ME DOWN...

now i can tag about 200 tracks when i select like 2,000 ... it just stops after a while and gives the common error, fack!
crcm

Post by crcm »

love the script...no problemos here..but some suggestions:

Is it possible to zoom covers in same size in search window?
Now covers jumps a lot if you are batching lot of albums.

And then my alltime favourite music database discogs.com would be awesome in this script. Lot's of rare releases and nice sized album arts.
crcm
Jerking monkey since 2005 - FINNISH Translator
MM4.X | Win7 enterprise sp1 | SPDIF earsex | Denon sushi | AKG hearing aid | Lumia 820 color blindness OR Samsung Galactical Voodoo magic
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I can add an option to set the display size, although generally the idea is that you see the image at it's actual size so you can see the quality without external factors.

I've tried adding discogs and it doesn't work with this script. I do plan to write a separate discogs tagger though, at some point.
crcm

Post by crcm »

brilliant!
crcm
Jerking monkey since 2005 - FINNISH Translator
MM4.X | Win7 enterprise sp1 | SPDIF earsex | Denon sushi | AKG hearing aid | Lumia 820 color blindness OR Samsung Galactical Voodoo magic
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Your script is awesome. Thanks a lot for that and keep making some great add-ons like that (I never get enough of those).

Victor.
ashishg

Post by ashishg »

First of all, thanks for this wonderful script.

I am using MM2, script version 2.6.

1. Can link to go back to previous image can be included just like currently there is link to next image?

2. Currently based on size of image, and during and after searching, cell of table with images keeps resizing, and that moves rest of table up and down. Which is slightly inconvenient as I am looking at them. Is it possible to prevent this? You can reserve space for large size file by default so that all small files fit without distorting area. In exceptional cases with too large file, this can happen but frequency will be very less.

When I run this script, it saves the image file in same directory as music but doesn't save in tags even though option says so ("in the tag" is selected). How can I make it save in tags. As bonus, I would like to delete image file after it is saved in tags ("in the tag (delete file)" doesn't seem to work). Thanks a lot.
monkeey

Post by monkeey »

I'm using MM3 and BAF 2.6
Whenever I try the search using Google, I get no results no matter what I search for. All the other search engines work fine. The Google Art Finder works fine as well. Is there a fix for this?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@magicalpig - thanks! :)

@ashishg -
1) The script doesn't know which image the previous one was, so this is not possible.
2) I plan to add an option to fix the image size, which would sort this out for you.
3) I'll take a look at these options, but they used to work. What OS do you use?

@monkeey - works for me. What image size have you selected?

Post by Guest »

trixmoto wrote:@magicalpig - thanks! :)

@monkeey - works for me. What image size have you selected?
I selected "All" for image size and still get no results for Google searches.