iPod Touch song removal + art issues

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

alphaex32

iPod Touch song removal + art issues

Post by alphaex32 »

I can't seem to correctly delete songs from my touch using the new beta. They appear to get deleted in mediamonkey, but then if I remount the ipod in itunes the songs are still there. Also, it would be nice if there was a progressbar for removing songs just like when they are being added.

Also, there are some albumart issues. Most of the time it gets transferred, but occasionally albums dont have art after being added to the touch, even though they are tagged, and it works correctly when transferred with itunes.

Last, id just like to request better support for videos on the ipod. Currently, they are just lumped in with the music, and it would be nice if there were nodes for TV and Movies.
PetrCBR

Re: iPod Touch song removal + art issues

Post by PetrCBR »

Probably some example tracks with album art problem will help.
bluehorseshoe76

Post by bluehorseshoe76 »

Be glad you guys are even getting album art onto the Touch. I'm having absolutely no luck after multiple restores. Any ideas?
Paul-B_UK

Post by Paul-B_UK »

Have you removed all iPod Touch songs and then sync'ed Media Monkey with the device?
bluehorseshoe76

Yup - multiple times. Songs sync over to MM and play just fine - but instance of album art. When I sync my Nano album art moves over smoothly, but Touch - absolutely nothing.
bluehorseshoe76

Let me correct my last post - 'no instance of album art'
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

bluehorseshoe76,

mail me any example track (petr < att > mediamonkey < dott > com).
bluehorseshoe76

PetrCBR - you want an actual song file (ie .mp3) under MM/Ipod or you need something out of a debug file? Let me know and I'll send something over ASAP
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

I need any track with album art which doesn't synchronize correctly for you.
alphaex32

Post by alphaex32 »

Sorry for not replying. Ive been trying to pinpoint some common factor among the files that are having art problems, and I at least figured out a way to fix those files. I found that if I convert the file tags to ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1 format, and retransfer the files, the art shows up. The format seems to be important, because if I try ID3v2.4 or UTF encoding, it will continue to not work. Btw, I am using the newest build.
jiri

Post by jiri »

That's strange, it shouldn't matter, as long as you can see the album art in MM (i.e. MM properly reads it either from tags or from a file).

Jiri