(small) script request - merging track data

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

tim

(small) script request - merging track data

Post by tim »

hello

i am wondering if anyone kind soul here would be willing to entertain a request for a script. i believe it is quite quick and small (i wouldn't ask if it was a massive project).

basically, i would like a script that is able to take two songs as input, merge their play count together, and add the play history from each track to the other track. both tracks should then have the same information after this process. i would like this because i have lots of alternative versions of songs scattered throughout the database and would like to merge them into one parent version, so i can free up space by deleting the alternatives but i still want to keep the play stats. i believe this would be useful for quite a few people maybe. and i can't program :(

i will take zero replies and this sinking down the page as a "no" ;)

alternatively, if anyone could tell me a script or method that already does this then i would be very grateful.

thanks,

tim
das Monkey

Post by das Monkey »

I don't know the first thing about accessing the play count/history data (yet ;) ), but I'll take a look at it if no one else does. Could you define specifically what you mean by "merge" and list the various "play stats" you want handled?

A quick glance at track properties reveals a Play counter and a Last played. I assume you want the sum of the Play counters and the most recent of the Last played to be saved to all selected files. What else?

das
tim

Post by tim »

yes that's it, i'd forgotten about last played but that's not so big a deal if it's a problem. from what i remember from looking around in microsoft access and doing this manually ages ago there was also a play history table which stores play dates and song IDs, and this might have to duplicate the relevent entries for consistency? but i really have no idea if that's important!

thankyou for any assistance though
fridge

Post by fridge »

I think something that comes very close to your request can be done using Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix's function "Copy MetaData". It can copy a lot of tag info from one track to another and drop the source track. However, I don't think it can merge track data in the way you requested ...

I'd be interested in that functionality as well. Actually I was thinking about exactly this a few days ago :)... but I don't have the time to do another script right now because of all that annoying non-MM stuff in my life :-?, so das monkey if you'd script this that would be great! :)
WebNodes: adds customised WebNodes to your monkey
Classification and Genre Changer: easily edit the currently playing song's Classification and Genre
fridge's MM-Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yes my Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix does exactly that among other things! :D
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
das Monkey

Post by das Monkey »

OK, I've completed my code. Installation instructions:

1) Talk to Bex.

I hope my hard work has helped.

das
tim

Post by tim »

wow, thanks everyone. i will try bex's script, it looks useful for some other things too!

edit: in fact, all of your scripts (in your signature) look very interesting bex. i think i will try them all. nice work!
Last edited by tim on Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fridge

Post by fridge »

das Monkey wrote:OK, I've completed my code. Installation instructions:

1) Talk to Bex.

das
:lol: :lol: :lol:
WebNodes: adds customised WebNodes to your monkey
Classification and Genre Changer: easily edit the currently playing song's Classification and Genre
fridge's MM-Scripts
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

tim wrote:edit: in fact, all of your scripts (in your signature) look very interesting bex. i think i will try them all. nice work!
Bex's scripts are VERY addictive, once you start using them you will begin to wonder how you were able to survive without them!!! :P :P :P

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Bex wrote:Yes my Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix does exactly that among other things! :D
Bex:

Out of curiosity, why is your Last 100 script not in your signature??

Nyn

tim

Post by tim »

bex's script worked great once i'd got the hang of it. thanks!
fpero

Post by fpero »

I hope you didn't work too hard or had gotten a headache from all your work on this one!!! LOL!!
das Monkey wrote:OK, I've completed my code. Installation instructions:

1) Talk to Bex.

das
--------
Just a guy that loves all types of music! (well, almost all types ;-)
Frank
fpero

Post by fpero »

I won't mention any names (out of fear of accidentally forgetting someone), but the scripts you folks develope and then freely share with the rest of us is truly amazing! You folks deserve a lot of praise!!!

tim wrote:bex's script worked great once i'd got the hang of it. thanks!
--------
Just a guy that loves all types of music! (well, almost all types ;-)
Frank
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

fpero wrote:I won't mention any names (out of fear of accidentally forgetting someone), but the scripts you folks develope and then freely share with the rest of us is truly amazing! You folks deserve a lot of praise!!!
I concur wholeheartedly!!!!!!!! :P

Nyn