Need your design made?

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Morten

Need your design made?

Post by Morten »

Contribute with a skin - we can code it for you!

This thread is for you that have a design, but isn't eager to learn how to code.

Well first of all, MM3 is supporting many new features - the most noticeable is the new player-skinning module which is at this stage very customizable. If you have ideas for a MicroPlayer, MiniPlayer, Main design or all at once; members here are willing to code it for you. But before you ask for this, please take a look at the existing documentations.

How can I help?
1) Give us the needed image-resources, we don't have to make all the work when it's a team effort.
2) Give is ideas and concepts to work from. Wishes may be fullfilled!

Now let the skins come MediaMonkey's way as well!
Last edited by Morten on Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:23 am, edited 5 times in total.
jorgent

Post by jorgent »

Hi.

Why have no one replied on this thread? I thought it would be popular to develop skins. But maybe no one want to code them? I'm not a coder, but maybe I could make an ok skin in photoshop. But is it likely that anyone want to code my skin if they think it's ok, or is it too big of a job to code?
Morten

Post by Morten »

It seems to me that people aren't aware that graphics design and coding can be seperated if some people are better at one of them. I will of course focus on skins I see have a potential. And I really think people should take advantage of all the great coders here.
Best regards,
Morten
jorgent

Post by jorgent »

Great. I my self is mainly a web designer, but I really love this program and would love to contribute with a skin. The available skins are of course great, but it would be cool with some more.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

jorgent wrote:Great. I my self is mainly a web designer, but I really love this program and would love to contribute with a skin. The available skins are of course great, but it would be cool with some more.
join in me and morten and the others have been wanting more skinners to get the feeling to create some. we all know there are more ideas out there.

this thread of mortens is just the third try at getting people to partake in the skin making process. morten is right about the two being sperate. coding and graphics. i can't do a bit of programming except on web pages in html. but i can do the graphics for the skin. morten is able to do a little to a lot of both when he gets finished with his school tests..
and he is the one that made a lot of the feature requests to add to the skins.

if you ever made a winamp skin or are good with graphic's then you should pick this up in a hurry. but check the wiki site out there is my newbie lesson for skinning and that is light and fast,
it just tells you how to recopy new images over the old skin and how to make it a zipped skin to work with mm3.

then go to mortens heavy duty detail lessons to check for features you what to learn about.
or if you need that detail to learn from first.
it is just that there is several ways to learn those two are up to teach you.

i hope you get skins made to really knock us off the chairs. :D

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
MetalaxeKeith

Post by MetalaxeKeith »

This sounds like fun. I skin by profession.

I started off skinning IPB as a hobby, so now that it's my source of income it's not as fun to play around with it when I'm not doing work. This may be the escape I've been looking for. ^_^
Morten

Post by Morten »

MetalaxeKeith wrote:This sounds like fun. I skin by profession.

I started off skinning IPB as a hobby, so now that it's my source of income it's not as fun to play around with it when I'm not doing work. This may be the escape I've been looking for. ^_^
Sounds great!
Best regards,
Morten
irshjet35

Theme Skins Ideas

Post by irshjet35 »

Maybe someone could take on the task of making some sport team skins, or maybe band skins I have tried to use the theme editor but havent had much luck, dont really understand it. I myself would like it if someone could come up with an Irish Themed Skin with a small player.
nohitter151

Re: Theme Skins Ideas

Post by nohitter151 »

irshjet35 wrote:Maybe someone could take on the task of making some sport team skins, or maybe band skins I have tried to use the theme editor but havent had much luck, dont really understand it. I myself would like it if someone could come up with an Irish Themed Skin with a small player.
Its good to see users with new skinning ideas. I'd be happy to help you out but you're going to have to put a little more work in than just suggestions. As Morten stated in his first post:
Morten wrote: 1) Give us the needed image-resources, we don't have to make all the work when it's a team effort.
2) Give is ideas and concepts to work from. Wishes may be fullfilled!
Provide some images of what you think the program should look like. Here's an example of an image that gege sent me:

a month or so later this was the result (and we're still working on it!). So as you can see, its very possible to get the skin that you want, its just a matter of being a part of a team and showing the skinner exactly what you want.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
irshjet35

Post by irshjet35 »

Hi Nohitter, thanks I will look for images to use.
MoDementia

MoDementia's Cube

Post by MoDementia »

I have converted my original theme to MM3 and would like the player duplicated as a cube 200 x 200 with the added features MM3 players bring.
Here is the original post
Original Skin

Original Player
Base Image for the new player
Idea for the layout
Artist - Mini Player
Title
Album - Micro Player
Bit Rate - Rating - Year
Postion - Seek Bar - Remaining
Small Album Art
Player Controls (prev, play/pause, stop, next)
EQ - Play list - Volume - Shuffle - Repeat

I sort of had a play with it but I dont have the skill to 1. use theme editor. 2. recreate the buttons using the base image.

I have chosen a cube shape 200 x 200 because that is roughly what I have my album art frame set at.
As a cube shape it is eay to dock horizontal or vertical
200 x 200 is optimal for side by side use with a lyrics or other script windows.
A resizeable version could use the cube dimensions to add a 200 x 200 Album art or a visualisation etc possibly replacing both frames.
Just Embossing the original image for buttons etc opens up a whole range of new players with base images of anyones choosing.

If anyone is willing to take this project up I think it would be a bonus for the MM community.
Of course I am available to help in anyway I can, and once it is functional I can certainly help with modifications.
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

When you say "image-resources", what does it mean exactly? What format would you want etc...

Victor.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

magicalpig wrote:When you say "image-resources", what does it mean exactly? What format would you want etc...

Victor.
Preferably something with layers (a photoshop file (psd) or paint.net (pdn) file). If not, then a .png at the very least.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
monkey hi fi

Post by monkey hi fi »

nohitter151 wrote:
magicalpig wrote:When you say "image-resources", what does it mean exactly? What format would you want etc...

Victor.
Preferably something with layers (a photoshop file (psd) or paint.net (pdn) file). If not, then a .png at the very least.
only png file i got that i could save with layers was one made in microsoft picture it. where it calls it a png plus.

rovingcowboy / keith hall / monkey hi if

8)
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Hmm, I see...

Victor.