Split Artist Title 2.0 [MM2]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

SlasherMCT

Post by SlasherMCT »

You don't need to edit the file now. Just run the script on the tracks you want. Look at the bottom left of the screen - alter " - " in the box to "/" and press the scan button. Check the results in the display - you may need to check Swap at the bottom and scan again to get them the right way round.

It is really neat and had blown me away with the power of Media Monkey scripting.

Post by Guest »

SlasherMCT wrote:You don't need to edit the file now. Just run the script on the tracks you want. Look at the bottom left of the screen - alter " - " in the box to "/" and press the scan button. Check the results in the display - you may need to check Swap at the bottom and scan again to get them the right way round.

It is really neat and had blown me away with the power of Media Monkey scripting.
thanks but I don't see:Look at the bottom left of the screen - alter " - " in the box...

do you mean in box that pops up for the script? It doesn't have any "-" in it, just ok or cancel at the bottom.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@Guest - editing the old version (1.0) will not work because it is hardcoded to assume the delimiter is 3 characters long. If you download the new version (2.0) from my website then you will get a new option in the bottom left of the confirmation screen which will allow you to change the delimiter and click "Split" to try again. This delimiter can be of any length.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

Post by Guest »

trixmoto wrote:@Guest - editing the old version (1.0) will not work because it is hardcoded to assume the delimiter is 3 characters long. If you download the new version (2.0) from my website then you will get a new option in the bottom left of the confirmation screen which will allow you to change the delimiter and click "Split" to try again. This delimiter can be of any length.
thanks, works great!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

That's great to hear! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
SlasherMCT

Post by SlasherMCT »

I assumed you would have read that there is a new version :oops:
votrexflame

Re: Split Artist Title 2.0

Post by votrexflame »

trixmoto wrote:
:o NEW VERSION BELOW :o
Did I misundestand or overlook something, but I cannot find eithr a link or code here. Can you help me, please

Post by Guest »

Just click on the banner in any of Trixmoto's posts, and it'll take you to his website. Download from there.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This script is available from my website: http://trixmoto.net

(Or click my signature, as Guest suggests)
VALIS666

Post by VALIS666 »

Hi. Has this script been superseded by another script, and if so, which one? I'd love to be able to fix those annoying "Artist - Title" tags automatically in MM3.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The Extract Fields and Personal Tag Enhancer scripts I believe can both be used to perform this task.
sommo

Post by sommo »

is there going to be a MM3?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Probably not, there are a number of other scripts which are far more powerful.
sommo

Post by sommo »

Any ideas then what could do it for me then!?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

trixmoto wrote:The Extract Fields and Personal Tag Enhancer scripts I believe can both be used to perform this task.
(4 posts up! :roll: )
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.