Support for Media players expansion slots (SD and such)

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

WouldBeNice

Support for Media players expansion slots (SD and such)

Post by WouldBeNice »

It would be nice, if i could tell MM to treat two drives as one player (Flash memory + sd slot)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This has been requested, but I don't know what the status of this is.
PromisedPlanet

Post by PromisedPlanet »

I have to second this. Not being able to sync an expansion card while it's in the player is a big missing feature of MM. WMP can do this, and I believe Winamp can do it as well. Not just for the Sansa Express, but other players ... the Sansa Connect, the Sirius Stiletto 2, etc.

It's the one feature, at this point, that keeps me using WMP instead of MM for the two players I mention above. Keeping the card in the player, instead of taking it out to sync it, is not only much less of a hassle but it's physically less wearing on the player and the card.

Post by Guest »

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938239

hot fix for vista to suport

Post by Guest »

I use a windows mobile device and the sorage card now appears in media monkey.

in vista there was a problme

the fix

enjoy

briansailing
PromisedPlanet

Post by PromisedPlanet »

Anonymous wrote:I use a windows mobile device and the sorage card now appears in media monkey.

in vista there was a problme

the fix

enjoy

briansailing
No such luck with Sansas. I'm using XP SP2.
dbeko

Re: Support for Media players expansion slots (SD and such)

Post by dbeko »

WouldBeNice wrote:It would be nice, if i could tell MM to treat two drives as one player (Flash memory + sd slot)
I'd like to see this as well. I just purchased a Sansa C250 2gb player and added a 2gb microSD card. XP SP2 sees both as separate entities; MM does not. I've been loading this player with MP3s but having MM convert to 64kbs first. I can't use MM for the microSD card this way.
Nonreality

Post by Nonreality »

dbeko wrote:
WouldBeNice wrote:It would be nice, if i could tell MM to treat two drives as one player (Flash memory + sd slot)
I'd like to see this as well. I just purchased a Sansa C250 2gb player and added a 2gb microSD card. XP SP2 sees both as separate entities; MM does not. I've been loading this player with MP3s but having MM convert to 64kbs first. I can't use MM for the microSD card this way.
Just change your USB mode to MSC instead of MTP mode. Also make sure your firmware is updated in your sansa. This should work for any player that supports both modes. Sometimes it's called something else other than MSC. Meadiamonkey sees both the player and the card and can copy to both.
Enjoy
If the rule you followed brought you here, what good is the rule.
PromisedPlanet

Post by PromisedPlanet »

Nonreality wrote: Just change your USB mode to MSC instead of MTP mode. Also make sure your firmware is updated in your sansa. This should work for any player that supports both modes. Sometimes it's called something else other than MSC. Meadiamonkey sees both the player and the card and can copy to both.
Enjoy
Unfortunately both of my players that have microSD slots only support MTP.

I'm just curious as to why MM doesn't see the card in MTP mode ... it may be difficult to code this, I don't know. WMP and (I believe) Winamp can do it.
Nonreality

Post by Nonreality »

PromisedPlanet wrote:
Nonreality wrote: Just change your USB mode to MSC instead of MTP mode. Also make sure your firmware is updated in your sansa. This should work for any player that supports both modes. Sometimes it's called something else other than MSC. Meadiamonkey sees both the player and the card and can copy to both.
Enjoy

I'm just curious as to why MM doesn't see the card in MTP mode ... it may be difficult to code this, I don't know. WMP and (I believe) Winamp can do it.
You've probably done this, but have you checked for any software or firmware updates for your player? What kind is it?
PromisedPlanet

Post by PromisedPlanet »

Nonreality wrote:
PromisedPlanet wrote:
Enjoy

You've probably done this, but have you checked for any software or firmware updates for your player? What kind is it?
Yep, I try to keep up with latest firmware updates as much as possible. I have two players with microSD slots; a Sansa Connect and a Sirius Stiletto 2.
Nonreality

Post by Nonreality »

So no option in the settings mode on the sansa for USB mode like on my E270? Well hop over to Woot right now and pick up a refurb E260 4GB for $50 shipped, then rockbox it when you get it. You will love rockbox.
PromisedPlanet

Post by PromisedPlanet »

Nonreality wrote:So no option in the settings mode on the sansa for USB mode like on my E270? Well hop over to Woot right now and pick up a refurb E260 4GB for $50 shipped, then rockbox it when you get it. You will love rockbox.
I've tried Rockbox on other players. I respect what it does but the original firmwares generally suit my needs.

I'll keep my current players and wait for MediaMonkey to catch up to WMP and Winamp with regards to the OT, thanks. :wink:
PromisedPlanet

Post by PromisedPlanet »

Enjoy
OK, so now I have a Sansa Fuze, which has MSC mode. The card shows up under "My Computer" within MM, so I can copy to it, which is nice. Unfortunately I can't configure device settings for it so that I can have it auto-sync, etc. (it doesn't show up at the first level of MM's Music Explorer Tree). I guess I can live with manually copying music to it. Thanks.

P.S. addition to this post ... when contents are changed in MSC mode, the Fuze has to refresh its database by reading the contents ... this can take a VERY long time. Argh. We need MTP support for expansion slots!!
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

I have a HTC Touch.

Both Unit and Storage Card appears in MM. However, the Storage Card setting disseapear almost everytime I plug it. I made some tests with the MM team and we saw that for an unknown reason, the Device ID was changing.

The solution for this would be to do like Windows Media Player, to write a file in the storage card for recognition.

Thanks!