Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v0.9.6b [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

DAC wrote:Not sure why I can't find this in the scripts area. I see it in the options area so I know it's installed. Any ideas?

ps: das, are you the same I know from DVDTalk?
Are you running Vista?
If so, then open the Monkey by right clicking its' .exe and choosing "Run as Admin", then install the script. Might be the prob. :-?

@Das update sounds good, glad you are still working on the script. It is already very useful. Will give the update a go in a bit.
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
das Monkey

Post by das Monkey »

spacefish wrote:I just got the following error:

I was trying to tag the currently playing album. If it helps at all, the album was Rhythm and Stealth by Leftfield. I have been able to use the new version successfully on other albums though so I'm not sure what the problem with this one is.
Was this a one-time thing or does it happen every time you try to tag this album? While I wouldn't recommend trying to tag while playing, I'm not sure that's an issue here or not. Line 285 is where I write the temporary HTML file, and I don't have any error handling there, assuming the file can be created without any problem. It's possible that some kind of a write lock on that file would trigger the error you received, perhaps if Lyricator were improperly shut down.

Is it still a problem?

das
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

It happens intermittently but often enough; I've encountered it several times since I installed the new version. Also, it isn't only happening on currently playing tracks. It can happen at anytime it seems. When I get the error, the Lyricator window doesn't populate. Perhaps it's related to trying to create the window? It always happens on the same albums even after restarting MM.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
DAC

Post by DAC »

drjboulder wrote: Are you running Vista?
If so, then open the Monkey by right clicking its' .exe and choosing "Run as Admin", then install the script. Might be the prob. :-?

@Das update sounds good, glad you are still working on the script. It is already very useful. Will give the update a go in a bit.
I am and that worked. Thanks.
DAC

Post by DAC »

Ok, the only issue I now have (and it's a Vista issue not a lyricator issue) is that in order for this to work I need to go to the MM folder and right click and run as administrator in order for this to work. If I start it by dbl clicking the desktop icon this script doesn't show up. Any suggestions, drjboulder, on how to get this to show up all the time? I guess maybe it won't matter once I run the script and get the lyrics updated.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

DAC:

It is my understanding that you need to run MM as an administrator, then install the script while running as administrator. From then on you should be able to run MM as normal and not run into the problem you are having.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Nyn is correct (I've done this many times). Right-click your MM icon and Run As Administrator then install the script. The next time you run MM from your standard user account, the script should be there and run properly.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
DAC

Post by DAC »

I'll give that a try. I thought I did that but might not have.
DAC

Post by DAC »

Ok, so I unistalled it. Ran MM as administrator, reinstalled lyicator and the same results. It only shows up if I run as administrator. That's ok, since I will only need to run this occasionally.

Thanks for the assistance.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

When you say you ran it as an administrator, you do not mean using an administrator account, right, you actually right-clicked the exe file and selected run as administrator?

One more thing to try before you give up. Go to the Control Panel, turn off UAC, then run as administrator and reinstall Lyricator. Then restart MM as normal to see if it works for you. Once you finish the installation you can turn UAC back on.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Hmm... I wonder if you need to enable ActiveX for your standard user account. I'll have to go see if I can find the directions again for how to do that.
WebNodes
DAC

Post by DAC »

Yes I right clicked to run as an administrator. I also turned off the UAC as it would not allow me to install with that on.
aidan_cage

Post by aidan_cage »

Yo this is sweeeeeet!

I wish there was a key combo to press while I had tracks selected, so I could just launch it, or a way to change the "Search lyrics using Google" link in the Lyrics and Comments Viewer panel to a link that would launch Lyricator for the playing song.

PEACE
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

aidan_cage wrote:I wish there was a key combo to press while I had tracks selected, so I could just launch it ...
Tools -> Options -> Hotkeys

I assigned Alt-L to launch the script since Ctrl-L tags it normally.

:D
Stop Button Freak
aidan_cage

Alt+L

Post by aidan_cage »

oh YEAH!
Thanks for that!
I'm rocking a whole new frame of mind.