Royal Negative Gold & Royal Negative Pink (v1.1)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

magicalpig

Royal Negative Gold & Royal Negative Pink (v1.1)

Post by magicalpig »

Royal Negative Gold & Royal Negative Pink

Release History :
- Version 1.0 (03/26/2008) initial release
- Version 1.1 (03/30/2008) album art background color fixed

Click HERE to download RNGold v.1.1.

Click HERE to download RNPink v1.1.

Execute those mmip files and they will automatically install the skins.

Those skins are my first attempts at skinning the monkey. They're basically modified versions of Royal skins with backlight style players and some other changes. They weren't intended for public release but more as a workout to learn how to skin but if you like it, feel free to use it.

Please give feedback on the skins and if you see anything worth changing, just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

The micro player on those IS NOT skinned, this is not a mistake, I will update this in next versions.

I will also do some matching MonkeyRock skins for both of those.

RNGold

RNPink

Thanks for the help I found on the forum,
Victor.
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

I have fixed the album art background on both skins. See first post for the updated downloads.

Victor.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Woot! :D

The only thing that would make this perfect for me is a stop button on the player. That's pretty minor, though. :D
Stop Button Freak

Post by Guest »

a stop button would be nice but they are just starting skinning so this looks like a good copy and recover of the old default skin which had no stop button. maybe they will learn what to do and then get a skin to recover that has all the buttons coded in so they can make it their own look and feel.
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Yep, this is just a workout skin. I will try and skin the micro player but I don't skin I'll redesign the whole skin to add a stop button. I don't really understand why a stop button is important anyway?? I personally never use it. Adding a stop button wouldn't be a problem, except the design would have to be changed quite a bit for the button to fit.

I'm working on a Songbird look-alike at the moment and it won't have a stop button either (gotta be true to the original design)

Victor.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

welcome to the world of skinning where you have to include all the features of the players because someone will want the one you leave out. of that you can bet your paycheck.

or the basket of crawdads ya just caught?

but the stop button is used by lots of people to turn off the player before exiting it.

as the guest said find a skin that has all the buttons on it and then look for all the features on that skin make sure you see enought of them, then disect that skin and overlay its images with your images for a skin. making sure to make all the different number changes in the mskn files, then you got your skin with all the features on that you can or that you need on the skin.

i try to get atleast all the main play buttons on the float player but some of the designs are hard to fit more on,

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
aidan_cage

jazz

Post by aidan_cage »

yo cool
and yo thanks!
--and I love and respect the jazz albums you are representing in your library
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

@rovingcowboy and skin design in general : like you said, someone there is just no place to stick some more images. I still don't understand why you would stop the player before exiting the program? I always shut the thing straight, am I a barbarian?

@aidan_cage : no problem I'm here for that. Respect to you for respecting those albums 8) Those are some of my favorite "traditional" jazz album...
I'll put some more "modern" jazz I like in my next skin's screenshots.

Victor.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

magicalpig wrote:@rovingcowboy and skin design in general : like you said, someone there is just no place to stick some more images. I still don't understand why you would stop the player before exiting the program? I always shut the thing straight, am I a barbarian?
Yes. :P

I always feel it might be damaging to the file if I don't stop it before I exit. I don't know if this is true, but I'm far too O/C to stop the habit now!
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

spacefish is correct it can damage the file when the player is stopped while the file is open and playing in ram.

i have had too many files damaged when the system crashed while playing music. the songs just get cut in half or get a big noise in them some place where ever they were when the program was closed on it.

so that is the reason for the stop button being used but i was not going to post that before anyone else said it. i keep getting told i'm wrong when i say things like that first.
so i let others do it now then back them up.

using the stop button just closes the song out with out killing the whole process which is what seems to be the trouble so stopping the playback is best as it also releases the cpu from doing the task before the program is closed.

its always better to get the car stopped before you get out of it? :D

there is room but you just have to resize the buttons or you can change the shape of the player. look at the newer skins in that design there are six buttons on the right.

my skins that resemble this one all have the stop button beside the play pause button its not hard to make the size of the back ground image bigger for that side. just add space to it in a photo editor.

now that you know what images are on the image map for the player you can also see what ones are not used and or not needed. in my tangerine monkey i changed the whole image map for the player. only thing needed is the pink background
you can put any other images on there, the two for the skin that look like the long middle is not used. unless you use part of it for the 2 or so pixels to stretch the skin. so its removeable.
when you make your own skin images you load them all on the image map, and pick from them anyway the only thing that happens on the map's is that the pink will be dithered in to the border of your image.

so you got to remember not to make the cross hairs on the edge of your image when you pick your images.
other wise you get a red line around your images. its red not pink because its dithered making it a shade darker then the pink which makes it show up in the skin.

i wrote a lot of things up like that in my threads of "all skinners" so you can find them and see things i found out as i did the skins i made.

some of the stuff is old because it was doing the alpha testing and the program changed for some of it but not all of it.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
rovingcowboy

Re: jazz

Post by rovingcowboy »

aidan_cage wrote:yo cool
and yo thanks!
--and I love and respect the jazz albums you are representing in your library
you like the drums? you want a drumset icon?

8)
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

rovingcowboy wrote:spacefish is correct it can damage the file when the player is stopped while the file is open and playing in ram.
so that is the reason for the stop button being used
Well, looks like I'm playing devil's advocate again. If you close MM when a song is playing, MM stops the song before the program is closed.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

nohitter151 wrote:
rovingcowboy wrote:spacefish is correct it can damage the file when the player is stopped while the file is open and playing in ram.
so that is the reason for the stop button being used
Well, looks like I'm playing devil's advocate again. If you close MM when a song is playing, MM stops the song before the program is closed.

well i did not say i got the damage with mm did i? you like this pulling more info out don't you? :lol: the damage was caused with one everyone/buddy knows and some use. but it also has be updated beyond that version that caused the errors. but it might still happen in some player some place on some system.

i guess i should say what the player was or you will ask for it too wont you? just can't let it in the dark some people :roll: :wink: boy i tell ya.

but the player was winamp. about 4 versions ago. and on the older systems, but haven't you ever been a boy scout? be prepared, safety first, i know you don't have places to go camping in NJ, but there should be some sort of boy scout club or camp?
8)

and at you magicalpig.

justin wilson use to say this. " You know I'm A safty Man I wear Both A Belt and Suspenders "
:P

:)
Last edited by rovingcowboy on Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Hmmm, ok, ok, I'll think about adding the stop button then. Like you said you can never be too safe.

Victor.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

I'm hoping you haven't given up on this skin yet. :wink:

And a matching MonkeyRok for the Gold would be nice.

* begs and grovels *

:P
Stop Button Freak