Songbird Skin v1.6 [MM3] Small Player Added (04/28/08)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

magicalpig

Songbird Skin v1.6 [MM3] Small Player Added (04/28/08)

Post by magicalpig »

Hi all!

This skin is based on Mozilla's Song Bird.
It comes in 2 flavors : the original one with the 3-buttons cluster on the main player and one with a stop button added.
Don't hesitate to point out bugs or problems I didn't notice. Please, check out the to-do list first.

Thanks in advance,
Victor.

Original Version Download Here

Stop Button Version Download Here

Small Player Version Download Here
(.mmip files. Just click on them and they will install the skin automatically)

ABOUT RATINGS :
If you want to get rid of the of the ratings in the main player

Just go to MM skin's directory, open your songbird skin's msz file with winzip/winrar. Open the "player.ini" file in it and delete the "[Rating]" entry. ;)

ABOUT ALBUM ART ICONS :
If you want to switch to another skin and the songbird missing art icons still show.

If you have not installed a different set of icons than the one bundled with MM I guess you just have to go to your MM directory and delete a folder named Icon (or move it outside the MM directory if you don't want to lose the icons).

If you have installed a set of icons, you should find the missing art icons within the folder. The names of the files are NoAArt.png and NoAArtNew.png.

Version History

Version 1.0 : initial release [04-09-08]

Version 1.1 : fixed album art background [04-09-08]

Version 1.2 : fixed resize problem on larger resolutions for main and float player. [04-10-08]
Thanks to LikeMM who did the changes in the ini and mskn files :)

Version 1.3 : fixed fonts for track/album properties & status bar. Changed scroll bars graphics and behavior. Changed look of info popup. [04-11-2008]

Version 1.4 : changed info pop-up look. Fixed main player left corner truncated. Fixed speed button look and behavior. Added album tag as default in float player. Added ratings in main player on all versions. Added alternative download of a stop-button version of the main player. [04-20-2008]

Version 1.5 : changed look of system buttons. [04-23-2008]

Version 1.6 : Added small player version, fixed close button not showing on tool windows (EQ for eg), fixed position of MM system icon on tool windows, cleaned images in theme.mskn resulting in smaller sized file, modified text area in main player for better compression performance.

To-do list :
-Change background colors and fonts for "Tag From..." panel.
-Change background color for text / comment box in album/track properties.
-Change "no highlight" over rating in right-click context menu.
-Add ratings to float player
-Change font for search box.

Main Player

Stop Button Version
Small Player Version

Float Player

Micro Player

Matching Monkey Rok Skin

Version History

Version 1.0 : initial release [04-09-08]

Version 1.1 : fixed rating stars look, scrollbars look, added mmip install package [04-27-08]

Download Here
(Download and run)

Last edited by magicalpig on Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:13 am, edited 33 times in total.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

OH! You made a slim float player AND a MonkeyRok skin. I love you! :D

This looks very nice. I'm going to give it a try right now. Thanks!
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Wait until you test it, it might just make your monitor explode, who knows? ;)

Victor.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Okay, it looks great except the title seems to be corrupted on the float player. :(

Notice also how the timer is shoved over to the left? It doesn't look like your screenshot. I did restart MM once to make sure it wasn't a caching issue from my other skin, ZuneSkinSlim. The screenshot is reduced 50% so I hope you can see it well enough.

Otherwise it looks great! I prefer darker skins and this is a sweet one. :)
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Yeah I know the problem. I will try and find how to fix it!
What's your screen resolution?

Victor.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

1680x1050 but I keep the float player at 1350 (roughly).
WebNodes
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Hmm, yeah that must be why. I need to fix the resize-ability of both artist and timer. I'll try to find a way around.

Victor.
FEB

Post by FEB »

Looks great, (I love the MonkeyRok extra!) but I have a problem. When maximised I have two areas in the slide bar that are blacked out, and I can't move the slider behind them.

When not at full screen, all is ok (I run at 1280 x 1024)
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Damn! Same resize problem here. I'll look into it... Thanks for pointing it out.

Victor.
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

The problem with that resizing is that I just have a poor man's 1024x768 resolution so it's gonna be hard for me to test the skin at higher resolutions... :(

Victor.
Jome

Post by Jome »

Oh shit, dope skin son! Looking real good, now all we need is a Winamp skin..

Maybe the menu text items & status bar text shouldn't have been in black.. ? (Hard to read)

Also getting this:

Impossible to read the text at the left corner..
SebastianGuest

Post by SebastianGuest »

Jome wrote: Maybe the menu text items & status bar text shouldn't have been in black.. ? (Hard to read)
Agree its to dark and to hard to read, but anyway a fantastic skin!
Rock on, you seam to be talented!
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

looks good but i seen some complaints i think you can not fix.
mainly on larger screens then you have.

you will have to make adjustments if you use the largers screens the skinner has to make the skin useable on several different sizes of screen so the large ones have to have some stuff not look in place. what that means is the skinner locks all the controls in the location set for the smallest size of screen they want the skin used on.
and makes some of the controls on the right and the text areas move to the right. when the larger screens are used.

this makes the larger players not look like the smaller screenshots but does give some items on the right side for larger screen use.

magicalpig in the players ini file you need to set the resize code of your controls and text areas on the left of the player to all zeros. meaning they wont resize at all.
the text areas and buttons on the right side of the player can use the code for resize as 0,0,1,1 that will make them move to the right with the skin when its moved to the right.
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Morten

Post by Morten »

Great work! :)

This would be used alot I think, since the skin is very smooth and easy on the eye. Keep up the good initiative!
Best regards,
Morten
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

I don't have gaps in the main player because I tuck it in the center window between the tree on the left and MonkeyRok on the right. I prefer having more space for the latter items and so this skin works well for me in that regard (I don't like locked main players). Just the gaps in the float player as mentioned earlier, assumed to be due to my higher resolution.
WebNodes