Help Make PrettyPictures Work so I can continue developing

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

DaledeSilva

Help Make PrettyPictures Work so I can continue developing

Post by DaledeSilva »

Hello,
In the PrettyPictures thread, we've thrown around a few ideas in trying to figure out why PrettyPictures has stopped working for some people.

Unfortunately, I'm completely stumped as to how to fix this and no one else seams to have any idea either.
Therefore, I've taken an old flash file that I created to showcase a particular issue in MediaMonkey and I've added some features to it to showcase this issue and possible get more information that will allow us all to debug it.

I'm not sure if the information will provide the answer, however, this file can also be used by other script developers / MM devs who might be so kind as to test and brainstorm the problems.
I've included the flash working files also.

Please download this zip file and unzip it to your "Mediamonkey / Scripts / Auto" directory.
http://www.oiltinman.com/downloads/scri ... ESTING.zip

it will create a new node called "Flashfile TEST" and it will create an html dockable panel. - both of which contain the same stuff and explain the problem and steps to reproduce.

- The focus problem mentioned is relevant to everyone (but probably an issue for the MM devs) and is discussed here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12907
- the javascript problem only occurs on certain computers (don't know the common factor yet), and is the main problem. It is discussed here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... &start=315

Dale.
Product Designer & Indie Developer.
Building at the intersection of motion, art, and code.
Find me on twitter and all the other ones here.
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Though I can't be of any help with the scripting, I'm gonna bump the topic just in case someone missed it.

Victor.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Sorry, the best I've managed to do is confirm the incorrect behaviour! I don't know flash so I can't really investigate myself. The mouseover event seems to be working - have you tried using this event to set focus to the object in preparation for the click?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

trixmoto wrote:Sorry, the best I've managed to do is confirm the incorrect behaviour! I don't know flash so I can't really investigate myself. The mouseover event seems to be working - have you tried using this event to set focus to the object in preparation for the click?
yeah.. thanks, I have; I commented about it in the original thread:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12907

doesn't do the job though. unfortunately
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

Since we didn't see any of these problems until after MM 3 was released. I deceided to test the problem on MM 2 on a computer that didn't work in MM 3.

so I installed the testing file in MM 2 and found that it persists.
I also modified PrettyPictures to work in MM 2 and it also still persists.

so I can confidently say that the problem hasn't arisen due to any changes implemented in MM 3. It must be something to do with the rest of the system.

Dale.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

A difference between IE6 and IE7 maybe?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

no actually,
I have a laptop that runs xp and IE 7
and a desktop that runs vista and IE 7

the desktop doesn't work.. but the laptop does.

Dale.
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

DaledeSilva wrote:no actually,
I have a laptop that runs xp and IE 7
and a desktop that runs vista and IE 7

the desktop doesn't work.. but the laptop does.

Dale.
so is this a vista thing?
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

not according to reports in the PrettyPictures forum.

I've only recieved 2 reports of computer details through the testing program I made.

but they indicate it isn't also.
There's 1 vista machine that works and 1 xp machine that doesn't, while my personal machines are the other way round.

Dale.
ps. in the system data it says either windows nt 6.0 or windows nt 5.1
I'm assuming 6 means vista and 5.1 means xp (as that correlates to my computer setups)
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

DaledeSilva wrote:not according to reports in the PrettyPictures forum.

I've only recieved 2 reports of computer details through the testing program I made.

but they indicate it isn't also.
There's 1 vista machine that works and 1 xp machine that doesn't, while my personal machines are the other way round.

Dale.
ps. in the system data it says either windows nt 6.0 or windows nt 5.1
I'm assuming 6 means vista and 5.1 means xp (as that correlates to my computer setups)
ah ok, sorry i'm at work and i'm only loosely scanning the forums...
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

no problem.. I'm just glad for the input, cause I can't figure this out on my own
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Man, this is unbelievable. How come it's so difficult to find out what the problem is???

Just a few more questions : it can't be a language thing? Like it would work on an english version of windows but not on other countries'.
Could it be a hardware issue? Though I don't see how hardware would interact with a script... Or a MM gold vs. not gold? Or that your default browser must be set to IE? I don't know if those are stupid suggestions because I'm not a script expert but I'm trying to help...

I remember when I bought a new sound card for my system and it wouldn't work. I figured it was a file installed with my webcam (a driver if I remember well) that was the problem. So I guess the problem with PP could be anything.

Victor.
Deadman36g

Post by Deadman36g »

Just curious if any progress has been made?
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

Deadman36g wrote:Just curious if any progress has been made?
none whatsoever :(
andyroo

Re: Help Make PrettyPictures Work so I can continue developing

Post by andyroo »

I just installed PP on MM 3.03.1183, running on a Vista Home Premium PC. I have the flash problem (takes 2 clicks to focus) but no javascript issue. I can play albums by doubleclicking. The only odd thing I've seen besides flash is that I get an access violation when I try to drag the PP screen down to make the "show details" window tiny. It reads

Access violation at address 0064DFFC in module 'MediaMonkey.exe'. Read of address 00000250.

If you think it would help you if I install the test files, let me know and I will. If I can figure out how to make the forum tell me when you respond... ahh. the checkbox :)

I was wondering, have you checked to make sure it's not related to the versions of Java, ActiveX, or Flash installed on the computer(s)?