Sansamonkey for Rockbox iPod

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

shayguitarra

Sansamonkey for Rockbox iPod

Post by shayguitarra »

Hi,

I’ve recently been converted to the FLAC format, mostly because MM plays them and I didn’t need to convert them into MP3 like when I was using iTunes. I have also just installed Rockbox on my 1stG iPod nano to give it a test drive.

When I reconnect the iPod though the play history does not show up in MM. I’ve read in a couple of forum posts that this is because MM can only read the original db structure on the iPod.

But I’ve also seen it suggested here that Sansamonkey should work with a Rockbox iPod as well.
onkel_enno wrote:
Mthrsuperior wrote:sorry if I'm hijacking here BUT:
My dream is to be able to ditch my iPod firmware and use http://www.rockbox.org/ on my iPod.
What keeps me from doing this is that Rockbox doesn't keep a play count database that MM can read and this is important to me as all my playlists are dependant on play counts and last played dates.
Rockbox does however make a txt file of songs played for uploading to last.fm.
You can all do that with rockbox.
You can update your MM-Playcounts with the playcounts of your rockbox with my SansaMonkey. It's designed for Sandisk Sansas, but as you are using Rockbox, you can use it too.
You can also upload the .scrobbler.log from rockbox with it.
Does anyone know if this is actually the case or if so how to do it? It's a bit of a showstopper for me as like a lot of people my playlists work from last played/play count etc.

Any input appreciated and apologies if this has been covered somewhere else, but I've had a good rummage around and can't find anything.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Have you read this?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
shayguitarra

Post by shayguitarra »

Hi nohitter151,

Yes I have seen it. And really I probably should have replied to that thread. So sorry for the bad etiquette. :oops:

I have installed Sansamonkey and shall now take my problems over to the correct thread....