Songbird Skin v1.6 [MM3] Small Player Added (04/28/08)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Thanks for the kind words fallenP. :)
You mean wave volume like in Windows sound settings? I'm not sure I understand exactly what is your problem but you should have the same problem with other skins just because skinners don't have access to how MM volume settings and behavior affect Windows and I surely didn't try to mess with this anyway.

Victor.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

fallenP wrote:Great skin!
looks nice, works well, and i really like the slim float player

one thing tho..
the volume change.. it seems that the volume bar is equal to the wave volume in the master volume.. like its preset for mm to have the bar at max but my actual wave bar in master volume is very low.. now when i click the circle in the volume bar it makes the wave bar to 100% (it doesnt make the wave bar go max but it makes the actual volume go to what it would sound like with max wave volumte) and turns very loud and when i move the circle around it mimics wat it would be like if i move the wave bar up and down.

..dont noe if i made anysense..><" but ya thats the only problem right now
other then that great work =)
Yeah, this isn't the skin. Check your output plugin in Tools -> Options -> Output plugins and change to out_MMDS.dll if its not already set to that.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Post by Guest »

ahh lol thnx got it working
Deadman36g

Post by Deadman36g »

Absolutely fantastic skin,

I have noticed a few errors that that maybe can be fixed simply,

First is when certain items are selected in options they become unreadable

2nd, I cannot read my extensions list

3rd, this may be intended, but I would really love to see a different way of highlight song files instead of just changing the color of the text.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

yep hes working on those panel fonts and the text area fonts.

not sure if he is going to add an image to the selection to make it pop out at you or not.? he was trying to make it a look alike skin.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

You mean Songbird has that bad higlighting? As well as those problems deadman listed? I think those are more likely mistakes that our good fellow magicalpig made...
I don't have no time for no MediaMonkey buisness...

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.

Post by Guest »

How can i completely remove that skin? I uninstalled it from the extension window, but a view pics are still there. e.g. the picture for no album cover and the startup splash.
I want to remove it because it is really stupid to tag songs from te internet when i cant read the songnames in the window for tagging songs.
iblastoff

Post by iblastoff »

very nice! the only thing i like about songbird is its skin. and the only thing i DIDN'T like about mediamonkey was that there wasn't a single skin available that i liked until now!

but yes i was hoping for an improvement in the 'tag songs' window where the yellow/grey highlights just make the white text unreadable.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Anonymous wrote:How can i completely remove that skin? I uninstalled it from the extension window, but a view pics are still there. e.g. the picture for no album cover and the startup splash.
I want to remove it because it is really stupid to tag songs from te internet when i cant read the songnames in the window for tagging songs.
Go to C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey and delete the "Icon" folder and the "Brand" Folder.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

@Anonymous : yes, nohitter's right (tx by the way). But there is NO custom splash screen with the skin though.

@everyone : I know about all those problems. Like I said in another thread, I'm working something like 60 hours a week at the moment so that leaves me hardly enough time to check the forum and respond so, unfortunately, it's gonna take some more time. I have resolved a few issues already but some of them, though they're not hard to change, are very time consuming...and I just ain't got the time right now.

Victor.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

magicalpig wrote:@Anonymous : yes, nohitter's right (tx by the way). But there is NO custom splash screen with the skin though.

@everyone : I know about all those problems. Like I said in another thread, I'm working something like 60 hours a week at the moment so that leaves me hardly enough time to check the forum and respond so, unfortunately, it's gonna take some more time. I have resolved a few issues already but some of them, though they're not hard to change, are very time consuming...and I just ain't got the time right now.

Victor.
yep i knew you were busy, don't say your sorry for working, theres lots of people getting layed off or fired, so work while you got the chance. 8)

Fraxav i don't know if songbird has them errors or not? and since i don't know that, then i can not blame our skinner here, and i won't blame our skinners unless i can prove its their mistake.
some times it is the skinning engine's fault some times its the skinners, some times its the programmers, so you see why its hard to lay blame anyone place?
:) :-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

no need to blame at all. just saying that this skin has some errors, this is a fact. now, this is a look alike so maybe magicalpig was faithful in his copy and copied the errors of the original skin :o. or maybe not, maybe he just messed up something (who doesn't?) and now needs to fix it. or maybe it's just the skin engine. who knows? not me! :D
so, that's what I do...I ask and think and suggest. :) never try to put blame on anybody (in case it seemed like that ;) ).

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Well I'm gonna answer the question :

some errors are mine, plain and simple. Some have to do with the fact that you can't skin everything in the monkey. I haven't dug enough in all of them to say how many I can fix.

And it's supposed to be a look-alike but I changed a few things - scrollbars and track list background for example. But I intend to go back to the original scrollbar design and add the oprion to choose from the original background or the dark one.

@rovingcowboy : though I'm happy to be working, I wished I could have some more free time to keep on working on this skin and the other one I started along a million of other things I like to do with my free time.

Victor.
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

magicalpig wrote:And it's supposed to be a look-alike but I changed a few things - scrollbars and track list background for example. But I intend to go back to the original scrollbar design and add the oprion to choose from the original background or the dark one.
Well, I remeber the scrollbars being different from the original ones in songbird. I also asked to change them cause I liked more the originals :lol:
Don't remember the background :-?

monday-friday

Re: Songbird Skin v1.6 [MM3] Small Player Added (04/28/08)

Post by monday-friday »

I would like to thank you for all your work and your support as well.
I really enjoy your theme...

I am really sorry if this has been posted already (these threads are getting bigger and bigger)- as I know contrast has been mentioned earlier, but I have this problem with the auto-tag window:

Otherwise... perfect.

Mille mercis...