ZuneSkin [v1.6]

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

rycher

Re: ZuneSkin [v1.6]

Post by rycher »

The ZuneSkinSlim was what I was looking for, a slim mini player. But I really love Winamp's windowshade (with city night color scheme), so I made a version of the ZuneSkin with it. If anyone else is interested I could put it here.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

I think a separate thread for it would be better and I'd be interested in seeing it a screenshot of it first. :D
Stop Button Freak
rycher

Post by rycher »

Here's a clip:

I tried to keep it as small as possible, so I removed a few buttons I don't use.

Here are the differences from Winamp Windowshade:
-No Main Menu button
-Single play/pause button (instead of separate buttons)
-No Open button (don't use it) and DJ button to toggle AutoDJ instead of ML (Media Library) button
-No mute button (I only use pause)
-No minimize button, and Maximize and Close are stacked instead of side-by-side
-Added Album Cover next to Maximize/Close
analog.Balrog

Post by analog.Balrog »

So, I tweaked the awesome Zune skin's colors a little (just for fun). Thought I might show it to you guys. I'm sure most people will like the original better -- I was just trying to match the rest of my computer...

Anyway, I wish there was a way to change the star icons. It doesn't appear possible in MM3. Does anyone know how to do that? I made some red ones that I'd like to use...

Thanks!

Post by Guest »

gracias por el aporte
Full_Circle

Post by Full_Circle »

No matter how many different skins I install, I always find myself going back to this skin eventually (though your newest VitreousBlue is also getting quite a bit of use), so thanks once again Nohitter! However.........

@ analog.Balrog
Is there any way of explaining (to a complete and utter skinner newbie) how you made those colour tweeks to the skin? The darker backgrounds are quite easy on the eye!
I also love the layout of your panels. As soon as I upgrade to a bigger monitor, thats exactly the layout I'd be aiming for :D

Also, while this has nothing to do with the skinning, the last posted picture reminded me of a question I've been meaning to ask for ages. Is there any way to get the tracklisting in the "album art+details" view to be fully expanded all the time? For me it always defaults to the first 7 tracks........
analog.Balrog

Post by analog.Balrog »

@Full_Circle:

To show all the tracks fully expanded all the time, open your MediaMonkey.ini file in a text editor (notepad, etc.) -- the file is inside of C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey3. Change the ExpandAlbumsByDefault value from '0' to '1' so that it looks like this:

ExpandAlbumsByDefault=1

Save and close.

Make sure you do this while MM3 is not running.

---

Regarding tweaking the skin colors. What a mess that is to do! It was really a trial and error type of thing and I still didn't get it exactly the way I want it, but as for as instructions on how to do it -- that'd take a while to explain. I started here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... and_higher. Lemme know if you need some help.

I'd be happy to share my skin changes with you! I sent you a PM -- enjoy. 8)

I'm pretty happy with the way it looks now. Here's another screenshot of it -- I made some minor changes to the headers.

Cheers,

analog.Balrog
Full_Circle

Post by Full_Circle »

@ analog.Balrog

Thanks very much for the info regarding the tracklisting. And I really appreciate the message with the skin attached! I never expected that! :P

I had a problem with the background colours, but after some playing around with it, I found out the problem was all my own doing, D'OH! :roll:
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Stop button dosent work for me :( (right skin this time)
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MoDementia wrote:Stop button dosent work for me :( (right skin this time)
Its fine for me. I can't imagine why a skin would change the functionality of the stop button.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Just checked again its working :(
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

analog.Balrog wrote:@Full_Circle:

To show all the tracks fully expanded all the time, open your MediaMonkey.ini file in a text editor (notepad, etc.) -- the file is inside of C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey3. Change the ExpandAlbumsByDefault value from '0' to '1' so that it looks like this:

ExpandAlbumsByDefault=1

Save and close.

Make sure you do this while MM3 is not running.

---

Regarding tweaking the skin colors. What a mess that is to do! It was really a trial and error type of thing and I still didn't get it exactly the way I want it, but as for as instructions on how to do it -- that'd take a while to explain. I started here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... and_higher. Lemme know if you need some help.

I'd be happy to share my skin changes with you! I sent you a PM -- enjoy. 8)

I'm pretty happy with the way it looks now. Here's another screenshot of it -- I made some minor changes to the headers.

Cheers,

analog.Balrog

Silly Question.. but how did you get the Tree Nodes on the right hand side of your screen?
--
The gpzbc
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

@ gpzbc

Right click on MainTree/Options/Show Tree Titelbar/Than you can move it to the right
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

DreadM wrote:Greetings

@ gpzbc

Right click on MainTree/Options/Show Tree Titelbar/Than you can move it to the right

Thank You!
--
The gpzbc
dbdog

Post by dbdog »

Hey nohitter151,

I'm totally lovin' ZunesSkinSlim!!!!!! I'm not skilled enough to tweak it myself so I humbly make the following requests for you to consider for your next version:
1. Having some way to see the time remaining in the track would be nice. Either clickable time to toggle between elapased and remaining or something. I like the itunes style but I realize there isn't space at either end of the song scroll bar to place the elapsed and total time at either ends.
2. A button to turn the now playing panel on and off in the player would be useful to me.
3. In the track browser window when I pick a genre and then pick an artist the genre selection stays active but the highlight color disappears unlike other skins (eg. Guilded (default skin)). This one may be a bug.
4. I'd love to see what album is playing in the player.
5. The highlight color (orange) is pretty hard to read on my monitor. I wonder if others find the same thing.

Thanks again for your fine work on this.
Cheers
dbdog