MediaMonkey 3.0.3.1183 hangs on loading

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Mon1018

Re: MediaMonkey 3.0.3.1183 hangs on loading

Post by Mon1018 »

Excellent information.Many thanks!
Very informative indeed! :D :lol:
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Yes, this solution seems to have sped up loading considerably. Thanks!
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
phantom

Post by phantom »

Thanks so much for that hint about the d_iphone.dll. It was the absolute answer to my problems.

Not sure if it was coincidental or not, but this trouble appeared after I had uninstalled Apple Quicktime. I was just tired of how persistent it was in hijacking file types in Firefox.

The other thing that was strange was that it wasn't a true hang. I do have a fair sized library, but my hard drive didn't seem to be working that much, but if I left the splash screen up, the program would eventually boot after maybe 45 minutes and respond normally until I closed it. Then next time, two seconds later, same thing all over.
SimmoAFC

Post by SimmoAFC »

nohitter151 THANK YOU! that got it working dont bother trying anything else chances are this will fix it !
whatslife

Post by whatslife »

Great !!! really does work Thanks a lot pal

Post by Guest »

nohitter151, you hit the nail on the head with your tip. Solved my problem! :D
jklein4824

Post by jklein4824 »

This fixed it for me also - for debugging purposes, this happened after I uninstalled itunes and quicktime as well. Hopefully this info makes it back to the developers.

Thanks
Peke

Post by Peke »

d_iphone.dll issue is known problem and it is due the fact that that uninstaller of iTunes and Quick time do not remove all files. MMs d_iphone.dll needs some of them to access iPhone and iTouch so when plugin find that files are accessible it tries to load them, but as package is uninstalled those DLLs locks up on load and as there is no return code to d_iphone.dll Mm locks up also.

Note that MM is third party app that access iphone/iTouch no help isn't available and EULA do not permit us to disassemble copyrighted material in search for their bugs.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Neville

Post by Neville »

nohitter151 wrote:Try this:

At C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Plugins, rename d_iphone.dll to off.d_iphone.dll, then start MM.
I have tried this but it still hangs. do you have any other solutions? Thanks.
john_ops

Post by john_ops »

Neville wrote:

At C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Plugins, rename d_iphone.dll to off.d_iphone.dll, then start MM.

Am in the same boat. Splash screen appears at load, system tray icon appears, then splash screen disappears, process disappears, and when you mouse over the system tray icon, it too disappears. Rename iphone dll, reinstall quicktime, repeat as necessary, no love.

Anyone any great ideas?

Tx,
J
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

john_ops wrote:
Neville wrote:

Am in the same boat. Splash screen appears at load, system tray icon appears, then splash screen disappears, process disappears, and when you mouse over the system tray icon, it too disappears. Rename iphone dll, reinstall quicktime, repeat as necessary, no love.

Anyone any great ideas?

Tx,
J
Do you happen to have a flash drive in while starting MM? Try removing it and start MM.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Winner

Post by Winner »

Works like a charm - thanks man
wizztizzlm

Post by wizztizzlm »

i had thze same prob version 3.0.6.1190 and changing thze iphone.dll file also worked for me.

thiddanks
pretendperson

Post by pretendperson »

I was having that very same problem; renaming d_iphone.dll to off.d_iphone.dll worked like a charm. Thanks internet denizen!

Post by Guest »

off.d_iPhone.dll worked perfect for me... thanks!