Glided Skin for MonkeyRok v1.1 by Gege (now borderless)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

gege

Glided Skin for MonkeyRok v1.1 by Gege (now borderless)

Post by gege »

Glided theme finally meets MonkeyRok!

Update (05/20/2009):
v1.1: Glided skin for MonkeyRok is now borderless!

See how it looks like:

Important note: In fact, just installing this skin is not enough to get a completely bordeless MonkeyRok. To get a full seamless/integrated appearance -- as in the screenshot above -- you'll need a small change in your MonkeyRok.vbs file, as ZvezdanD explains here:
ZvezdanD wrote:...
1. In the c:\Program Files\MediaMonkey3\Scripts\Auto\MonkeyRok.vbs file, instead of the line 306:

Code: Select all

web.Common.Align = 5
you should write:

Code: Select all

web.Common.ClientWidth = pan.Common.ClientWidth
  web.Common.ClientHeight = pan.Common.ClientHeight
  web.Common.Anchors = 15

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------
How to use it?

1) Be sure you already have MonkeyRok installed.
2) Download the MMIP installation pack (link below).
3) If you're using Windows Vista, run MediaMonkey by right-clicking its icon and choosing "Run as Administrator..."
4) Double-click on downloaded MMIP file. MediaMonkey3 will ask if you want to install it. Just click "Install Now".
5) No MM3 restart is needed. Just go to "Tools > Options > Player > MonkeyRok Settings > Skin" and choose "animated_glided"

Important note: You IE7 users, beware. Installation Packs have MMIP extension, but IE sometimes insists in renaming them to ZIP during download, thus screwing up the 'double-click' functionality. If this happens, you need to rename the ZIP file back to MMIP, and then double-click it.

--------------------------------------------------
Download:
Glided_for_MonkeyRok_by_gege_v1.1.mmip
Last edited by gege on Wed May 20, 2009 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DreadM

Re: Glided Skin for MonkeyRok v1.0 by Gege (Added 09/15/2008)

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Very nice, it was time that somebody make a Glided skin for MonkeyRok .Good work. :D
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Gege:

Looks good. Any chance you are feeling inspired to make a MR skin to match DreadM's Agora skin??

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Lovely work.

Thanks mate. :)
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Not bad gege, but the grey background color does not really match the player skin nor the tree bkgrd.
nynaevelan wrote:Looks good. Any chance you are feeling inspired to make a MR skin to match DreadM's Agora skin??
You can try Agora Fit for MonkeyRok. Pretty well done.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Eyal wrote:Not bad gege, but the grey background color does not really match the player skin nor the tree bkgrd.
nynaevelan wrote:Looks good. Any chance you are feeling inspired to make a MR skin to match DreadM's Agora skin??
You can try Agora Fit for MonkeyRok. Pretty well done.
That is the skin which I want a Monkey Rok skin to match..... :wink:

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Benn

Post by Benn »

0 stars for Comfortably Numb?! That's pretty much my favourite song, ever. :D Still, nice work Gege.
gege

Post by gege »

Benn wrote:0 stars for Comfortably Numb?! That's pretty much my favourite song, ever. :D Still, nice work Gege.
C'mon! That's a five star for me too!!!! I just wanted to show how the bomb looks like :-D
BTW, that's not even my official library. It's just a bunch of songs I've got in my work notebook.
In the official library, I've got ALL Pink Floyd albums with CORRECT ratings ;-)
gege

Post by gege »

Eyal wrote:Not bad gege, but the grey background color does not really match the player skin nor the tree bkgrd.
I'm aware of this. The fact is I've tried lots of slightly different combinations. This one is I liked the best.
But I'm a democratic guy :D, and now that the basic appearance is defined, it's really simple to play with colors, by editing the skin.css file in animated_glided folder. So, go there and don't be afraid of experimenting. You'll only need to mess with the "background-color" property in the various classes.
If you manage to find a better looking set of colors, share it with us and maybe I can update this skin or make an alternative version.

Additionally, I'm also accepting suggestions for the playback controls. Those who have a better idea than mine, please share with us. But just saying "bigger", "darker" "fancier" is cheap, show me a mockup at least :evil:, although a layered PSD would even better ;-)
dypsis

Question Marks Everywhere

Post by dypsis »

I don't rate my tracks, as I believe that ratings change depending on the mood, moment in time etc.

I just noticed that there is a question mark over the star. With the eclipse skin, I don't see these question marks.
I don't like seeing question marks all over MonkeyRok. The question mark doesn't appear on the player Glided skin. Just the MonekyRok Glided skin.

Is there a way to remove it? :roll:
Nebbin

Post by Nebbin »

I like this skin (MM's needed a Glided MonkeyRok skin for a while). My personal thoughts would be to try the orange for highlighting the selected / now playing song. I'd also prefer the title bars to be in a darker grey - about the same hue as the main MM menu bars. lol, it's only an idea, and no doubt you've probably already tried a similar scheme.

Anyway, this skin still looks great.
gege

Re: Question Marks Everywhere

Post by gege »

dypsis wrote:I don't rate my tracks, as I believe that ratings change depending on the mood, moment in time etc.

I just noticed that there is a question mark over the star. With the eclipse skin, I don't see these question marks.
I don't like seeing question marks all over MonkeyRok. The question mark doesn't appear on the player Glided skin. Just the MonekyRok Glided skin.

Is there a way to remove it? :roll:
That question mark idea came from the MR brushed skin. If you want to remove it, just use a graphical editor like Photoshop or Paint.NET to edit the unknown.gif image, located in animated_glided folder, making it a completely transparent image.
gege

Post by gege »

Oh, boy! If there's something I've learned in this life, it is: It's absolutely impossible to please everyone! (Although I sometimes still try it...;-) )
So, fellas, as I said earlier, if you dislike something in this skin, go on and experiment with it, mess it all around. If something goes really wrong, all you need is to reinstall it 8) But, if you get some interesting results, please share with us in this thread...

I can't spend much more time with this skin, because right now there's a new version of a script being prepared... ;-)
dypsis

Re: Hard To Please Everyone

Post by dypsis »

gege wrote:Oh, boy! If there's something I've learned in this life, it is: It's absolutely impossible to please everyone!
That is true mate. Very hard to please everyone.

But don't take any of it as a criticism. Just suggestions. Don't let it deter you.
I appreciate the excellent work that you have done. If I didn't, I wouldn't even be using your work, and hence wouldn't be commenting.

Keep up the great work mate. I am using it right now. :)
cali

Post by cali »

Thanks, I really appreciate it!

PS. Paralamas and Madredeus, very very nice :D
Windows Vista -- MM 3.1.0.1227 -- 6 Gen iPod