is it posible to make v3.0 skin available on v2.5 ...?

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

conspirator

Post by conspirator »

i really like the itunes skin, but it is only available for v3.0 versions of mediamonkey ..well i dont like the way taging is done in v3.0 so i continued using 2.5.3 version ...

Big_Berny

Re: is it posible to make v3.0 skin available on v2.5 ...?

Post by Big_Berny »

AFAIK this is not so easy because a lot skin-features are not available in 2.5.x. But IMHO it makes no sense to stay with 2.5.x as the new 3.0.4 is quite stable.
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
conspirator

Post by conspirator »

it is quite stable, but that new way with putin autotag rulles ..after some time it gets _reallly! anoing .. and i have a lot of sorting to do ..

plus one minor, not so important thing .. when i turn outo organiser, it puts 1 instead of 01 on _track .. so the songs get aranged in order 10,11,12,1,2,3.... but as i said, its not that important ..
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

it will have to be re compiled and made for mm 2.5 in the old v 4 of the skinning engine. and as big berny said there are too many features in mm 3 that mm 2 does not know.

plus the fact that mm 2 does not use image maps very well if at all. and all the images are added as one single image. in the mskn file it can take some time to re do all the images. it takes about 20 hours just to make a good mm 2 skin and that is mainly because you have to make an classic 2 winamp skin for the player.
and that skin has nit picky items that if just a pixel off can make it look bad.

if you really want the look of the itunes just go look for a itunes winamp classic skin. you will at least get the player looking that way.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
conspirator

Post by conspirator »

ok, than its not a big problem .. i can live with this .. ill probably use old version untill i sort all the tags and then switch to the new one ...

thank you for replyes ..
Benn

Post by Benn »

conspirator wrote:it is quite stable, but that new way with putin autotag rulles ..after some time it gets _reallly! anoing .. and i have a lot of sorting to do ..

plus one minor, not so important thing .. when i turn outo organiser, it puts 1 instead of 01 on _track .. so the songs get aranged in order 10,11,12,1,2,3.... but as i said, its not that important ..
But once you've put a rule once, it saves it for next time, so its not that much work to change it again??

As for your track numbers, use the mask <Track#:2> to put a leading zero in the filename for tracks 1-9.
conspirator

Post by conspirator »

thank you, that was helpful :) ..
for auto organise its not the problem, as you said it remembers the previous choice ..
but for autotag from filename, for various downloads from net and other ways of aquiring .. i have a lot of music with scrued up tags, on its unique way .. so i need constantly to make new rulles .. but ill organise my library in a few days and then switch to the new version, so this will not be the problem ..

again, thank you for your help ..
MetalFrog

Post by MetalFrog »

conspirator wrote:thank you, that was helpful :) ..
for auto organise its not the problem, as you said it remembers the previous choice ..
but for autotag from filename, for various downloads from net and other ways of aquiring .. i have a lot of music with scrued up tags, on its unique way .. so i need constantly to make new rulles .. but ill organise my library in a few days and then switch to the new version, so this will not be the problem ..

again, thank you for your help ..
The simple solution to that problem is to not download music from the internet, and to purchase the CDs and rip them yourself. :P
A man walks into a butcher shop and says, "I'll bet you fifty dollars you can't take the meat down off the top shelf!"

The butcher replies, "No way! The steaks are too high!"