Stations V3-2

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

fuzzynavel

Re: mmStations V1.0

Post by fuzzynavel »

Hello -

Things are working much more smoothly now with the 2.1 version. All the previous problems I had are now resolved, so thanks for your efforts! The only weird thing is that when I start Mediamonkey I need to manually choose mmStations from the play menu before it shows up. When I click on the option for autostart in the options menu, I get the following error:

Error #9 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Subscript out of range: 'x'
File: "C:\Program Files\Mediamonkey3\Scripts\Auto\mmStations.vbs", line: 390

Help!
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

Thanks fuzzynavel, I'll look into it.

Ray
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

fuzzynavel, I think I understand what's happening. Did you make changes to your playlists prior to this error hapenning? I got the same thing when I moved a playlist that I had previously assigned to a button - differnt line in the code because it probably was a different button/station.

nyn, you might like this little code snippet - it copies the current playing song to a playlist. For now you'll need to edit the code for the playlist you wish to use. Potentially it could benefit by having a hot key assigned to it. I have a playlist called favorites so when I play a song I like I just right cick in the now playing window and select "Copy Current Song to PlayList". I may formalize it later but I need to fix a couple things with mmStations first. By the way, I've gotten to like mmStations in the Vertical layout - thanks for that suggestion!

Code: Select all

Option Explicit

Dim UI            		: Set UI     = SDB.UI
Dim DB            		: Set DB     = SDB.Database
Dim INI           		: Set INI    = SDB.IniFile

Dim AppTitle : Apptitle = "CopytoPlayList v1.0"

Sub OnStartup	'Create Save NowPlaying Menu Item

Dim itm1

Set itm1 = SDB.UI.AddMenuItem(SDB.UI.Menu_Pop_NP,0,0)
  itm1.Caption = "Copy Current Song to PlayList"
  itm1.OnClickFunc = "CopytoPlayList"
  itm1.UseScript = Script.ScriptPath
  itm1.IconIndex = 18
  itm1.Visible = True

End Sub 'OnStartup

Sub CopytoPlayList(arg)

dim PlayList : Set PlayList = SDB.PlayListbyTItle("Favorites")

playlist.addtrack(sdb.player.currentsong)

End Sub
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

raybeau528 wrote:
nyn, you might like this little code snippet - it copies the current playing song to a playlist. For now you'll need to edit the code for the playlist you wish to use. Potentially it could benefit by having a hot key assigned to it. I have a playlist called favorites so when I play a song I like I just right cick in the now playing window and select "Copy Current Song to PlayList". I may formalize it later but I need to fix a couple things with mmStations first.
I like the potential of this but I must be missing something 'cause I cannot figure out how to add it as a hotkey. Now keep in mind I do not use hotkeys too often so I that may be where my ignorance lies. But, I am going to investigate creating the scripts.ini info so it will be available for me to add on the toolbar via Onenonymous' RIght Click for Scripts script. Thank you for sharing, I think this one is going to be one I use alot also. I won't start nagging you for updates yet... :wink:
raybeau528 wrote:By the way, I've gotten to like mmStations in the Vertical layout - thanks for that suggestion!
I too wanted to use mmStations in the horizontal mode, due to lack of space for more panels, but I have grown to enjoy having it in the vertical mode. I've always wanted a way to figure out what playlist I had selected and was listening to. Some may wonder why but I have a few playlists that are similar to each other so it was getting confusing at times.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

From what I can tell, if I create an install package it would then be available directly from the options to assign it a hot key. I'll let you know what I find out.
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

Fuzzynavel, a new version has been uploaded which should resolve the issue you reported. Let me know.

Ray
fuzzynavel

Re: mmStations V2.2

Post by fuzzynavel »

Thanks again for the update. Downloaded the 2.2 version and ran into the same problem:

Subscript out of range: 'x'
File: "C:\Program Files\Mediamonkey3\Scripts\auto\mmStations.vbs", line: 447

I'm not renaming or moving my playlists, but they are autoplaylists so the contents are different every time. For example the first button loads up 200 songs that I have added to the DB but haven't heard and haven't rated. Since there are a lot of songs that match the criteria, the list of 200 will always be different. Some of the playlists are nested - could that be part of the problem?

Anyway, thanks again! I'll try to check in this weekend and see how things are going.
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

No, it shouldn't be the auto playlists - that's almost all I use for mine. I just checked the code and I don't believe you're actually using v2.2. None of the code near line 447 would generate that error. Can you check (edit) c:\program files\mediamonkey\scripts\auto\mmStations.vbs and verify that this line exists around line 22?

Dim AppTitle : Apptitle = "mmStations v2.2"

Ray
fuzzynavel

Post by fuzzynavel »

OK, reinstalled the script (during the install it asks if I want to install version 2.2) and then tried again. Different error this time:

Subscript out of range: 'z1'
File: "C:\Program Files\Mediamonkey3\Scripts\Auto\mmStations.vbs", line: 447

And yes, upon examination the vbs script has the apptitle as 2.2 near the beginning of the script.

It occurs to me that the error I posted earlier today may have been wrong - the "subscript out of range: z1 error above is what I am getting now and probably got then. My fault for copying and pasting error messages.
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

fuzzynavel, thanks for taking the time to reinstall - I'll take a look at it soon.

Ray
raybeau528

Re: mmStations V2.3

Post by raybeau528 »

Fuzzynavel,
I believe I've discovered and fixed the problem you were having. Let me know if this works for you.

Ray
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

This rudimentary script, CopytoPlayList, will copy the nowplaying song to a playlist of your choice. Rudimentary because you have to edit the script to assign the playlist. It's sort of a complementary script to mmStations, at least the way I use it, and not really deserving of a separate topic. It can be accessed by right-clicking in the now playing window as well as by assigning a hot key to it. After installing the package you need to exit MM and restart for the script to be available for hot key assignment. Hot keys are assigned in Tools/options/hotkeys. The CopytoPlaylist script should be found in the 'Action' pulldown - General: Execute Script: Copy Current track to Playlist.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2mnkzmmgnym
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Ray:

I have something weird going on, when I click on one of my stations, it adds the playlist to the now playing twice. I'm not sure when it started but I have noticed this the last couple of days. I have the add tracks selection setup.

Nyn

raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

Nyn,

That is weird. Have you installed v2.3? If not, can you and let me know the results? If it's still a problem, can you post the [mmSections] of the mediamonkey.ini file? Apologies for the inconvenience.

Ray
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

raybeau528 wrote:Nyn,

That is weird. Have you installed v2.3? If not, can you and let me know the results? If it's still a problem, can you post the [mmSections] of the mediamonkey.ini file? Apologies for the inconvenience.

Ray

Ray:

No problem, like I said I do not know when it started because I usually have large np lists along with large playlists so I never noticed that more then the necessary tracks were being added. When I started noticing it I thought since I was jumping from program to program that I might have hit the button too many times. But I tested it on my home and work computers are they are both doing it. This is happening with 2.2 and 2.3. Here is my mediamonkey.ini info:

Code: Select all

[mmStations]
Station1Name=Come Back
Station2Name=EG
Station3Name=Fav Ladies
Station4Name=Fav Men
Station5Name=HipHop
Station6Name=Losin
mmStations_Layout=Vertical
Auto_Start=1
Station7Name=Luvin' U
Station8Name=Mixed Faves
Station9Name=Now Playing
Station10Name=New Faves
AddTracksBehavior=2
Station1PlayList=----Come Back 2 Me Shawty
Station2PlayList=----EG 082106
Station3PlayList=----Lady Favs
Station4PlayList=----Fav Men
Station5PlayList=----HipHop Medley
Station6PlayList=----Losin
station7PlayList=----Luvin' U
station8PlayList=----Mixed Faves
station9PlayList=----NowPlaying List
station10PlayList=----New Favorites
ButtonLast=2
Version=V2.3
Station_Editing=1
Station1ID=6113
station2ID=6115
station3ID=6122
station4ID=6116
station5ID=6118
station6ID=6123
station7ID=6125
station8ID=6126
station9ID=7500
Nyn