iPod Touch Corrupted Album Art

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Greebo

iPod Touch Corrupted Album Art

Post by Greebo »

Hi,

Can someone help me with a syncing problem please.

I recently had a computer crash and had to reinstall everything. So, new version of MM 3.0.6.1190, and the latest iTunes 8.0.2.20. iPod software is version 1.1.4.

Before the crash i had earlier versions of both software. In fact i was using a MM version that still had a seperate plugin for syncing to the ipod instead of being built in like it is now. At this point everything worked fine. I could sync ok in MM with no corruptions.

In iTunes music is set to manually sync and all other sync options are turned off.

Then i installed the versions above, and now the album art gets completely scrambled when i try and sync in MM. Covers are missing or fused together. The songs themselves and the artist/song lists seem to be ok, but the album art is completely corrupted.

I've tried erasing the ipod a few times, and syncing again, but nothing seems to work. I'm also 100% sure that all my songs have album art. I spent a lot of time making sure of this :)

Does anyone have any tips?

Thanks,

G.
Method1

Re: iPod Touch Corrupted Album Art

Post by Method1 »

Yes, mediamonkey destroys the album art on the ipod touch, do not use mediamonkey to sync your ipod - use itunes.
Greebo

Post by Greebo »

Hmm, not quite the response i was hoping for. I think you missed the point.

MM *did* work and sync'd *everything* to the ipod touch ok before i had the crash. Now the new install, with newer software versions than i had before, does not work.

Can someone else suggest a possible solution, other than using iTunes!

Thanks.

G.
Method1

Post by Method1 »

What software versions are you using?
At present 2.2 apple software + mm 3.0.6 does not work properly, messes up the album art.
Maybe you need to go back to an earlier firmware version or wait for a fix
jiri

Post by jiri »

Note that MM 3.0.6 does support all current iPhone/iPod firmware versions (including iPhone/Touch 2.2) and so far none of our tests showed any problems. In case you can reproduce some problem, please try to make the test case as simple as possible (i.e. very few tracks) and report everything to us (e.g. using our Support).

Thanks,
Jiri
Method1

Post by Method1 »

Hi Jiri

If I sync using itunes only or mm only, album art is fine, as soon as i use both, album art disappears on some albums.
MM can copy music to and from the ipod no problem, but using both packages causes album art corruption.
I just tested it now and it happened again.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Method1 wrote:Hi Jiri

If I sync using itunes only or mm only, album art is fine, as soon as i use both, album art disappears on some albums.
MM can copy music to and from the ipod no problem, but using both packages causes album art corruption.
That's a well known issue, see http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... icleid=107
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Method1

Post by Method1 »

nohitter151 wrote:

That's a well known issue, see http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... icleid=107

hehe:

c) Make sure not to use both iTunes and MediaMonkey to manage audio files

not really a fix, is it :)
James_t

Post by James_t »

I have the same problem - all artwork is "scrambled" - mening that some albums have other albums pictures, and some pictures have half of two different albums etc..

Also, when i sync with itunes, all music gets lost. Usually gets back again after i sync with mediamonkey again, but one time I didn't and had to delete everything manully using SSH.

This is a iPhone 3G with 2.2 and latest MM. It's impossible to use MM with this firmware for me...
James_t

Post by James_t »

I forgot to point out that I DON'T sync music with iTunes. I have set that to manually, and only sync pictures/apps etc.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

James_t wrote:I have the same problem - all artwork is "scrambled" - mening that some albums have other albums pictures, and some pictures have half of two different albums etc..

Also, when i sync with itunes, all music gets lost. Usually gets back again after i sync with mediamonkey again, but one time I didn't and had to delete everything manully using SSH.

This is a iPhone 3G with 2.2 and latest MM. It's impossible to use MM with this firmware for me...
I have found that if you check "manually manage music and video" in iTunes that your music (even if synced with MM) is unaffected by iTunes. I have an iPhone though, don't know if its different with a Touch (but why would it be?)
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Greebo

Post by Greebo »

nohitter151 wrote:

Hi Nohitter151,

Thanks for the link. I've read through it and it makes some sense now. I'll check these settings and let you know if they help solve the problem. Unfortunately i'm away at the weekend and won't be able to try this until Monday. Frustrating! :)

Cheers,

G.
nohanda

Post by nohanda »

I also have same problem, not all album art is corrupted only about a quarter. I sync only music and only with MediaMonkey. Tried restore with iTunes but still no luck.

iPod Touch v2.2
MediaMonkey v3.0.6.1190
iTunes v8.0.2.20

Has anyone got artwork to work with iPod Touch v2.2?
jiri

Post by jiri »

I can only repeat what I have written here several times - we have tested this many times both with iPhone and iPod Touch version 2.2 and they work flawlessly for us, even when used together with iTunes, there doesn't seem to be any problem. In case you have other experience, we need more detailed information, preferrably some description of how to easily reproduce your problems with just few tracks and also iTunesDB file and Artwork folder from your device could help.

Jiri
wolfzell

Post by wolfzell »

Actually, I believe that right now the problem is with Apple.

I am syncing my iPod Nano 4G using iTunes *only* on my notebook and I (and several other people in the apple discussions) do have very similar problems with album art. The album art appears correct on iTunes 8.0.2, but is corrupted/missing for many albums on the Nano. MediaMonkey isn't involved at all.

So I guess it is a little much to ask from the MediaMonkey staff to fix Apple's bugs...

bye
Wolfgang