Stations V3-2

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

raybeau528

Re: mmStations V2.6 / Stations v2.1

Post by raybeau528 »

Stations 2.1 now works with MegaDJ. MegaDJ and Magic Nodes are the only non-native MediaMonkey nodes that I've tested. I'm interested to know if there are others you use that do or don't work.

Ray
nynaevelan

Re: mmStations V2.6 / Stations v2.1

Post by nynaevelan »

Works:

SBondi's My Custom Nodes
Bex's Last 100...
Bex's PlayHistory & Stats
MoDementia's Backup MM Tracks

Those are the only "node" scripts which I have installed.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
raybeau528

Re: mmStations V2.6 / Stations v2.2

Post by raybeau528 »

Thanks Nyn.

FYI, V2-2 is now available. Adds support for up to 100 stations !!! The number of station sets, from 1 to 10,
is a setting in the options panel. If you only want/need 2 or 3 sets you won't need to toggle through all the unused sets. But if you want many, many stations (ahem, no names mentioned here :) ) they're available.

Ray
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

:lol: :lol: Well as I told you I only have 87 active playlists BUT since you added the node option, I might add a node or two. But that is highly unlikely since I do not have any nodes I would want to play from. Which means I will just have to either create 13 more playlists or add some of the archived playlists to a station or two... BTW, if you ever find a free moment or two can you think about a way to name the station sets? Since I have mine in sets according to their grouping, it might be nice to have the set named as such. It's not critical or required, just some food for thought. Thanks for updating so quickly. :D :D

Nyn

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Ok:

I filled 84 buttons, but I had to pull some old favorites out of the archive section. :wink:

Nyn

MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

nynaevelan wrote:... a way to name the station sets?
Good idea, Nyn.
raybeau528

Re: mmStations V2.6 / Stations v2.3

Post by raybeau528 »

Check out the latest update - with v2.3 you can assign names to the station sets. For better performance with Nodes (MegaDJ, Magic Nodes, etc.) set Tools/options/Player/PlayNow Action to choice 1 or 2. Choice 3, PLay Selected Tracks Only", will be fairly slow with large number of tracks.

Ray
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Absolutely fantastic, now I have my very own personlized stations. :D Thank you.

Nyn

Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

This looks pretty cool. There is a similar script by Steegy, Favourite Nodes which might be useful to some as well.

edit: I don't see how to add to 'stations', there is nothing on the tree context menu. (3.1 1209, restarted mm also)
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Techno:

When you right click on the playlist or node the Stations should be at the very bottom. You will need to go to the Options Sheet in order to name the stations and set some other options.

Ray:

Last one I promise (fingers crossed to negate promise:wink: ). Is there an easy way to set a station to nothing without going to the ini file. Say if I want to move a station somewhere else or no longer want the playlist on a station?

Nyn

raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

Thanks!

Technojnky,

When you right-click on the tree you should see a "Set Station" option, focus on it and you should then see 5 more choices, A thru E, select one and you'll then see 10 more. Select one and the node will be assigned to that Station.
You can have up to 10 stations, settings in Tools/Options/Stations. You can name the stations there as well. Let me know if you need further help getting it going.

Nyn,

You're right, there's no easy way to clear a station. I had "my" fingers crossed you wouldn't bring that up! :)
Think of it like your car radio station presets, they're all set to something! :) I'm sure you won't have any unused ones for long. I set my Favorites playlist to the 10th station in each set. That way it's always available.

Ray
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

raybeau528 wrote:
Nyn,

You're right, there's no easy way to clear a station. I had "my" fingers crossed you wouldn't bring that up! :)

:lol: :lol:
raybeau528 wrote:Think of it like your car radio station presets, they're all set to something! :) I'm sure you won't have any unused ones for long. I set my Favorites playlist to the 10th station in each set. That way it's always available.

Ray
That's a good idea, I can just create a "placeholder". That's easier than always opening the ini file.

Nyn

Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

raybeau528 wrote:Thanks!

Technojnky,

When you right-click on the tree you should see a "Set Station" option, focus on it and you should then see 5 more choices, A thru E, select one and you'll then see 10 more. Select one and the node will be assigned to that Station.
You can have up to 10 stations, settings in Tools/Options/Stations. You can name the stations there as well. Let me know if you need further help getting it going.
Sorry, it just doesn't seem to be there... I double checked scripts\auto\stations.vbs and it shows vers 2.3 10/31/2008

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Techno:

Look in the Options Sheet, do you have Autostart checked??

Nyn

Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

yep, both stations and mmstations are set to autostart

edit:

Oh, I see...

I had closed the dockable windows, and that apparently hides the menu.

If I might suggest, leave the context menu there, and even include an option to show/hide the panel.

edit2:

I found the panels also under the 'play' menu, it would seem to be more logical if they were under 'view' instead.

Sorry if either issue has come up, I had not read the entire thread.