Performance questions

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

Teknojnky

Re: Performance questions

Post by Teknojnky »

raybeau528 wrote:
A hint, you do not need to use control a to select all files, when the tree node has the focus then all files will be selected with sdb.currentsonglist
True, except from a script the tree node doesn't maintain focus.
Huh?

the current focus should not change when any menu is clicked.

if the menu is a pop_tree, then only the tree should ever have the focus. Other menus might have varying focus, but the object they passed should never change, and if the focus changes it must the result of some action within the script (but that should never change the initial object that was passed).
just click on a node, then go to the now playing window, clear it, click on it, and press {Enter} or {Alt+Enter} and report what you find.
Well, with the current mm 3.1 beta 1209, doing this does nothing, the now playing list remains clear.

edit:
I just happened to check the wiki and this was just added that might help:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... indowFocus
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Teknojnky wrote:edit:
I just happened to check the wiki and this was just added that might help:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... indowFocus
MM developers really should inform us when they add such thing. I asked Jiri several times about this without any response.

Thank you very much for information!
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

ZvezdanD wrote:MM developers really should inform us when they add such thing.
What I do is simply click Recent Changes from the main wiki page.

This was just added earlier today... Honestly, between the build/release notes and the wiki changes, IMO that is all that is needed for most things.

They also post threads when major/important changes are/will be occuring, see for example the recent thread on script instances.

edit: you can also subscribe to rss feed for that page (or any other specific page), see the toolbox section
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

I just tried it - it doesn't work with b1209. Thanks for the information about Recent Changes.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Teknojnky wrote:They also post threads when major/important changes are/will be occuring, see for example the recent thread on script instances.
You are joking, right? ;) That is only one information which we got from MM developers in last two years.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

I am just wondering who wanted SOUNDEX SQL function? And could you somebody tell me why we need Sin function with musical database? Instead to implement RegExp or InStrRev functions, they are adding some unimportant stuff. :(
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I had no idea what soundex was, but from a quick search it appears to have something to do with similarity matching, which I would guess probably has something to do with the full text searching being added for 3.1x.

I don't think we can expect to know everything about everything, nor the what or why somethings get implemented at what point in time. I think the wiki and recent making public bug tracker are steps towards greater transparency, but to expect the full who/what/why/how for every detail is a bit much.

I expect they are trying to do the best they can with the resources given, and try to improve both the process and product when and where as much as possible.
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

Technojnky,

Thanks for the info about the window focus! That may help these kind of situations.

Ray
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

The new property, Get/Let MainWindowFocus helps make this work now!

sdb.ui.mainwindowfocus=2
oShell.SendKeys "^a"
oShell.SendKeys "%{Enter}"

Ray