Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v0.9.6b [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Re: Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v0.9.6b [MM3]

Post by Guest »

This script is fantastic. Thanks a whole lot!

Do you take donations? Paypal...?
mistresso

Post by mistresso »

I am still not sure if this script will get updated again - but I did find another way to easily break it.

If you have a track with ANY kind of oddball character in it - the sort that get displayed as a "square" instead of an actual letter or symbol - it will cause a scripting error in Lyricator.

Most of my non-English letters seem to display just fine - but at simes the source I am pulling from (Amazon, etc) has the invalid characters. I presume it's a unicode corruption issue, and of course the parsing the script does has no idea what to do with a meaningless character. It should probably be "ignored" even if that results in a null finding, just to prevent the script-halting error during a batch run.
mrbug

Re: NEW FEATURE! POPUP MENU ITEMS! Lyricate your song directly!

Post by mrbug »

Hi all!

first of all, sorry for my english!

I've edited the code of this magic script to add a function that i think is interesting!
i wanted do search the lyric of my songs wherever in the BROWSER or in the EXECUTING LIST without select each song (or a group of it) and do the boring action of starting LYRICATOR from the Script MENU!

So i wrote about 10 lines of code to make possible to start LYRICATOR from the CONTEXT MENU (right click menu) of the song selected!

edit the script file :

Code: Select all

c:\program files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\Lyricator.vbs
AT LINE 324 you can find this:

Sub OnStartUp
	Dim i : i = SDB.UI.AddOptionSheet("Lyricator", Script.ScriptPath, "InitSheet", "SaveSheet", -3)

INSERT A BLANK ROW JUST AFTER AND
PASTE THE FOLLOWING CODE :

'###### START - MY POPUP ITEM ADDON (ADG))
	'###### START - MY POPUP ITEM ADDON (ADG))
	SDB.UI.AddMenuItemSep SDB.UI.Menu_Pop_TrackList, 0, 0

Dim TBItem : Set TBItem = SDB.UI.AddMenuItem(SDB.UI.Menu_Pop_TrackList, 0, 0) 'Menu_Pop_TrackList
  TBItem.Caption = "Lyricator"
  Script.RegisterEvent TBItem, "OnClick", "Lyricator"
  TBItem.IconIndex = 17

'Menu_Pop_NP'
  SDB.UI.AddMenuItemSep SDB.UI.Menu_Pop_NP, 0, 0

Set TBItem = SDB.UI.AddMenuItem(SDB.UI.Menu_Pop_NP, 0, 0) 'Menu_Pop_TrackList
  TBItem.Caption = "Lyricator"
  Script.RegisterEvent TBItem, "OnClick", "Lyricator"
  TBItem.IconIndex = 17
  '###### END - MY POPUP ITEM ADDON (ADG))'
AT ROW 100 you can find

Sub Lyricator 
replace THE ENTIRE ROW with:

Sub Lyricator (TBItem)
SAVE! and RESTART MEDIAMONKEY!

Now you can select a song OR A GROUP of song in the BROWSER or in the NOW PLAYNG panel , RIGHT CLICK and select LYRICATOR (in the bottom of the appeared menù)

HOPING THIS IS USEFUL!

If the Author of the script want to include this feature in the next version release, please leave the comment unchanged.

BYES!
Last edited by mrbug on Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Pretty slick but ...

I know that different cultures and different countries have different copyright rules but one really shouldn't make public any changes to an author's script without getting the author's permission first. Hopefully das Monkey won't mind.

:)
Last edited by Vyper on Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stop Button Freak
mrbug

Post by mrbug »

Vyper wrote:Pretty slick but ...

I know that different cultures and different countries have different copyright rules but one really shouldn't make public any changes to an author's script without getting the author's permission first. Hopefully das Monkey won't mind.

:)
ok, i notified my post to DAS MONKEY immediately after the posting of it.

also if it's not a good cause, i think that as DAS MONKEY is giving the script for free, it will not make any problem for a free improvement to his script.
i'm just thinking on the fact that it isn't declared anywhere that the script is OpenSource... so i think i could be wrong writing this hack for the script.

anyway will edit my post to make CLEAR the modification of the Sub OnStartUp.
PAY ATTENTION: my code has to be inserted BEFORE End Sub NOT AFTER!

if DAS MONKEY will not accept my hack, he can ask modeator to delete m post.

byes
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Oops. I must have misread. Thanks for clearing the 'end sub' question in my mind. :)
Stop Button Freak
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

One thing I noticed ... and I don't know if it does it in the original script or the modified one only ... after clicking 'Save', the window says writing x of x number of files but the number of files is always one more than what is selected. For example, it'll say writing 5/13 files but only 12 files are highlighted.
Stop Button Freak
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

My wife found a problem with this script and it happens with the original code and mrbug's modified one.

If there are two songs with the same name following each other (don't ask me why she does this, I can't get her to change it :roll: ) lyricator will correctly find the lyrics for all the songs selected but when saving, the songs with the same name and every song after them is written with the same lyrics (the lyrics for the two songs that are the same).
Stop Button Freak
mrbug

Post by mrbug »

Vyper wrote:My wife found a problem with this script and it happens with the original code and mrbug's modified one.

If there are two songs with the same name following each other (don't ask me why she does this, I can't get her to change it :roll: ) lyricator will correctly find the lyrics for all the songs selected but when saving, the songs with the same name and every song after them is written with the same lyrics (the lyrics for the two songs that are the same).
i think this could be a bug of the original script because my hack SIMPLY add a menu-item to the context-menu and launches THE SAME command launched by the menu in "Tool->Scripts->Lyricator".

the only problem i noticed with my hack (it happen only sometimes) is that if you directly RIGHTCLICK on a track in the NOWPLAYNG list after you have selected a track in another panel, Lyricator search lyric for the previous selected track in the other panel (eg. catalog panel) . in this case you need to LEFT-CLICK the track to select it and THEN right-click it and select LYRICATOR.
this problem could be related to the fact that righ-clickng directly a track don't make it SELECTED and lyricator can't know this...
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Yea, it has to be a bug of the original script since it happens to both versions. :)
Stop Button Freak
tinana

Post by tinana »

This happened to me for the first time two days ago, all songs in a selected group of songs getting tagged with the same lyrics. I don't remember if there were two songs named the same within that group, but I'll have a look.
MM Gold/Lifetime member
Draly

Post by Draly »

Hi,
First of all thanks for this great script, as a "non-english" person i especially appreciate to read for songs lyrics, because even if I'm not too bad in english, i can't understand every words, and I'm not like, hmm, 50% of people in my country who just sing with words that don't exist ... ;)

By the way, I was wondering if there was a way to automatically check the song that is currently playing, to see if it already have lyrics, and if not, search and save the first result (and maybe a way to skip to the next, if this was a bad one ... but i'm asking too much !).

It is just a question i'm asking myself, if that's not possible, there's no problem, searching manually after adding songs to databse is not a pain.

One more time, thank you.

I really guess one day MM will get some webpages on the site to show plug-ins/scripts and make it easier for new users to browse and find those treasures.
I bet this would increase MM users drasticaly :)
mazage

Post by mazage »

Hi,
I am getting a "Product Installation Error" when running the .mmip script.

Anyone having the same problem?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

mazage wrote:Hi,
I am getting a "Product Installation Error" when running the .mmip script.

Anyone having the same problem?
Its because of the Vista UAC, you have to run MM as administrator. (close MM, right click MM icon -> run as administrator). After that it will install fine.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
cali

Post by cali »

I get a Load Error when I try to download the installer. Is there any other place I can find it?
Windows Vista -- MM 3.1.0.1227 -- 6 Gen iPod