Album Art Background changed from default CD look

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Pman

Album Art Background changed from default CD look

Post by Pman »

I have just recently installed the songbird skin, but i noticed that the background of the album art was changed from the original cd to a MM logo in black and silver. I thought the skin was good, but just didn't like that bit of the skin, and i have quite a few albums which need album art.

I've uninstalled the skin but it didn't disappear. I've looked everywhere on google on how to fix it, of which the things i've tried are...

1. Made an icons folder (which originally didn't exist) and added some NoAArt.png file
2. Converted the glided skin in the skin folder into a zip file. Then extracted contents, added the above file, then remade the contents into another zip file and then converted it back to a msz file

I don't want to uninstall MM because it took me a while to get MM the way its set up now. I've also looked at the forum for the skin and have seen 2/3ish posts regarding the exact same issue, but it wasn't resolved.

Need Help Urgently!

Pman
  • W7Ultimate x32 - MM4 - SHABBA!
CoachUK

Re: Album Art Background changed from default CD look

Post by CoachUK »

I think you'll find that you also have a copy of the offending NoAArt.png and NoAArtNew.png in your main MediaMonkey folder and/or in your MediMonkey/Skins folder. Rename these to .old and copy your desired image to these filenames in the respective folders.

You can use any image of your choice at around 100x100pix to 130x130pix.

Hope it helps, and have a great New Year.

Cheers.
Lifetime Gold since 2004...the Monkey just gets better and better.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skins: NouveauDark : Trilia : eiBox : Nbeat : IceBlue/IceGrey : Diastrom : Magneto : iPhonish : Ultra : Desire & Desired : Aracebo : Abrax : miniMus : Quatx : ND3 : Omia : Origin.X : Track 7 / 8 / 9 : Xpres: OSW8: Enviro1, Enviro2, Enviro3: Electra
Pman

Post by Pman »

I'm probably being really silly, but i can't change the .png files to .old on vista.
It just changes the files to NoAArt.old.png and NoAArtNew.old.png.
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

Vista sucks. You're right....I just booted up my son's laptop with Vista and you only seem to beable to rename the file..not change the file type.

Two ways to do this that I can think of...
Option 1)
Right click on the original file and select Copy. Then right click on the Explorer pane background and select Paste. This will create the same file name but with 'copy' as a suffix before the .<filetype> The only reason for doing this is to preserve the original so that you can go back to it if it all goes t*ts-up. Now delete the original file. Now rename your revised 'No Album Art' image to the original filename e.g. NoAArt.png Repeat for the second image. If this fails to achieve your desired result you can always go back to where you started by deleting your new files and removing the word 'copy' from those you renamed.

Option 2)
Open the original image in Photoshop, etc., and save it as a new name e.g. 'OldNoAArt.png' Open your revised 'No Album Art' image in Photoshop and save it as NoAArt.png overwriting the file that already exists. Repeat for second image. You can still revert to originals if you need to.

Alternatively.....go back to using XP.....it's far simpler.

Good luck and I hope it works
Lifetime Gold since 2004...the Monkey just gets better and better.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skins: NouveauDark : Trilia : eiBox : Nbeat : IceBlue/IceGrey : Diastrom : Magneto : iPhonish : Ultra : Desire & Desired : Aracebo : Abrax : miniMus : Quatx : ND3 : Omia : Origin.X : Track 7 / 8 / 9 : Xpres: OSW8: Enviro1, Enviro2, Enviro3: Electra
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

CoachUK wrote:Vista sucks. You're right....I just booted up my son's laptop with Vista and you only seem to beable to rename the file..not change the file type.
Wait and see in Windows 7, it will be worst.
CoachUK wrote:Alternatively.....go back to using XP.....it's far simpler.
This is the most reasonable thing I heard this year! :lol: :wink:
Last edited by Eyal on Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Pman

Post by Pman »

Wait and see in Windows 7, it will be worst.
I probably agree....you'll also need about 20gb ram, 6gb dedicated graphics card, 34ghz 16 core processor just to run the basic version of W7 if they do that again!!

Microsoft are going backwards in terms of originality...it's becoming more and more like a mash up between windows and mac.

Still not getting anywhere, ill try tommorow morning.

I'll just watch Rudetube 2009 as you do.

Pman
MonkeyUseeer

Post by MonkeyUseeer »

I'm not specialy a Vista Fan. But don't argue against Vista, when you don't know the really really basic of windows....... Extension are hide on XP by default too ...

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/1468/vis ... ile_types/
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

install another skin with its own no album art cover it will overwrite the one you have.

i put them in all my skins, i change everything i can in the skins, some other skinners do that too,
see if that will work it should.

but you also might be running in to the vista need for a second login to change
things, meaning you have to be admin at the same time your user, there is a xp vist tweak program that has that feature in it. i've said it in another thread some place here.

but try getting the program " MZ Ultimate tweaker " from majorgeeks.com

go in to that programs service manager and look for the second logon on service and see if it is disabled.
if so enable it.
but don't do anything in that service manager you don't know what will happen,
just do this enabling of that double logon service,

if you turn off the wrong service there you might mess up even being able to boot windows.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Pman

Post by Pman »

I'm not having ago at Vista, it's just somethings could be simpler on there. Plus i hate apple as much as i do Mel Gibson so i won't be going there in my lifetime.

I've tried doing what you did and getting another skin to overide the no album art artwork. It works for that skin, e.g. the Eclipse skin repaces it only for that skin. But when not using MM but its still playing a song, when it changes song it still comes up with the silly silver monkey in the bottom right.

I downloaded the program (similar to Ashampoo Winopt i noticed) and checked the mz services manager for the secondary logon, it already is enabled and auto startup.

Grr, i might just uninstall MM and start over or just add every artwork on to every album which hasn't got artwork, with my collection it will take weeks.

Anyone know to how get rid of the embedded minilyrics titlebar, that's been bugging me for the last year and no one seems to know how to get rid of it even know it probably is quite simple (for someone who fiddles about with MM that is).
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Pman2009 wrote:I'm not having ago at Vista, it's just somethings could be simpler on there. Plus i hate apple as much as i do Mel Gibson so i won't be going there in my lifetime.

I've tried doing what you did and getting another skin to overide the no album art artwork. It works for that skin, e.g. the Eclipse skin repaces it only for that skin. But when not using MM but its still playing a song, when it changes song it still comes up with the silly silver monkey in the bottom right.

I downloaded the program (similar to Ashampoo Winopt i noticed) and checked the mz services manager for the secondary logon, it already is enabled and auto startup.

Grr, i might just uninstall MM and start over or just add every artwork on to every album which hasn't got artwork, with my collection it will take weeks.

Anyone know to how get rid of the embedded minilyrics titlebar, that's been bugging me for the last year and no one seems to know how to get rid of it even know it probably is quite simple (for someone who fiddles about with MM that is).
You can't take the titlebar off of embedded minilyrics.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Pman

Post by Pman »

One day when MM 4 comes out. Thanks everyone for your help.

Post by Guest »

the image in the bottom right i take it is on the player skin of Morten's default player? maybe Morten puts it on there in a different way? or you might be seeing it in a scripts window that you put in the lower right hand corner.?
Pman09

Post by Pman09 »

FINALLY, i have found the solution to getting rid of the stupid monkey. After months, all it was:

Go into this folder: C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Icons and delete the silly icons. As simple as that.
At least i know how to change the No Album Art cover for future reference!!

Thanks a lot everyone for your help.

Pman