Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: Magic Nodes 2.4 w/ 170+ masks & real GUI (2009-02-20)[MM2+3]

Post by ZvezdanD »

DunKhan wrote:What I want to know is if it's possible to put that second magic node as a child of the first magic node.
No, it is not possible to put one magic node as a child of the second magic node. However, I am not sure that understand your requirement correctly, and maybe there is another way to get same functionality, for example with the Group possibility or with Right of/Right Until qualifiers.

Do you have all sub-genres entered into the Genre field separated by ";" or you using some of Custom fields for that?
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMan wrote:I just re-installed MN after a monkey re-install and it only has 83 presets vs. the 170 mentioned.
By default, the Magic Nodes script installs only initial 83 masks. If you want to add 90 additional masks, you should open the Edit /Magic Nodes Export/Import dialog box, choose File, specify c:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\MN-Onenonymous.ini file and click on the Import button.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
MMan

Post by MMan »

Thanks. I look forward to seeing what they include!
DunKhan

Post by DunKhan »

ZvezdanD wrote:
DunKhan wrote:What I want to know is if it's possible to put that second magic node as a child of the first magic node.
No, it is not possible to put one magic node as a child of the second magic node. However, I am not sure that understand your requirement correctly, and maybe there is another way to get same functionality, for example with the Group possibility or with Right of/Right Until qualifiers.

Do you have all sub-genres entered into the Genre field separated by ";" or you using some of Custom fields for that?
What I had wanted was basically to just get a magic node as a child of another magic node tbh! Don't worry about it in that case.
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

ZvezdanD wrote:By default, the Magic Nodes script installs only initial 83 masks. If you want to add 90 additional masks, you should open the Edit /Magic Nodes Export/Import dialog box, choose File, specify c:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\MN-Onenonymous.ini file and click on the Import button.
LOL! I had to re-install and was wondering where those went :lol:
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Well, I am thinking to include one additional message box during installation to ask user if s/he wants to install those additional masks...
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

It would also be nice to group your default masks a bit more. As it is, when MN is expanded it's quite a long list. I had gone through and grouped your masks in sections such as
Tracks with...
Artists with...
Albums with...
etc. where each grouping had the various masks associated with tracks, artists etc grouped under them. This made it a bit easier to manage. When I re-installed, I lost all that, so I'll have to go back and do it again - a minor exercise, but one that was worth it to me.

Thanks again for this script and your others, they definitely make for a better Monkey... :-)
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Yes, I know there are too many nodes on the first level and I though to do same as you. Could you send me your .ini file to look at it?

Now, if someone could do same with RegExp presets, since I am planing to add a Group possibility to it, I would be very gratefully. It is even more mess with 100 presets on the same level, but I have no clue how to group them...

By the way, you don't need to lost your custom masks after reinstall - there is Export/Import function now ;)
DunKhan

Post by DunKhan »

Sorry to bother you again, but I made a whole bunch of nodes yesterday to approximate what I wanted as close as possible (it took a long time). Overnight MediaMonkey had a huge crash which seemed to wipe the settings of all the extensions - including wiping all nodes from MagicNodes, including the ones I had spent so long making.

Is there anywhere where MagicNodes are backed up automatically?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

DunKhan wrote:Is there anywhere where MagicNodes are backed up automatically?
Sorry, but the Magic Nodes script doesn't make a backup of its masks automatically. However, you could do this manually using its Export/Import options. I am not sure, but I think that trixmoto's Backup script has a possibility to make a backup of MM settings automatically, together with the MediaMonkey.ini file where are MN masks are stored. Anyway, this suggestion is now too late for you. Maybe you could try to open your MediaMonkey.ini file in the Notepad to see if it contain some of MN masks, they are stored under the CustomNodeMasks section.
DunKhan

Post by DunKhan »

ZvezdanD wrote:
DunKhan wrote:Is there anywhere where MagicNodes are backed up automatically?
Sorry, but the Magic Nodes script doesn't make a backup of its masks automatically. However, you could do this manually using its Export/Import options. I am not sure, but I think that trixmoto's Backup script has a possibility to make a backup of MM settings automatically, together with the MediaMonkey.ini file where are MN masks are stored. Anyway, this suggestion is now too late for you. Maybe you could try to open your MediaMonkey.ini file in the Notepad to see if it contain some of MN masks, they are stored under the CustomNodeMasks section.
Ah, no worries - can't be helped. Thanks for your help anyway!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

ZvezdanD wrote:
jonisaksson wrote:As I filter on Genre I guess it isnt too surprising they didnt appear but as I dont exclude blanks I would have thought they should appear, thoughts?
The problem is because <Genre> is (could be) just one item from multi-item value, so it cannot be empty inside of the Filter expression. Maybe you could try with:

Code: Select all

Album Artist [A-Z]|Icon:Top level|Child of:Library|Position:Before|Filter:<Genre> NOT IN ('Audio books', 'Ljudbok') OR Songs.Genre = ''\<Album Artist|Trim:1|Statistic:Count(All)>\<Album Artist|Statistic:Count(All)>\<Album|Sort by:Max(Year)|Statistic:Count(All)>
I tried to modify script to enable such expressions like <Genre> = '' but it seems that it is almost impossible. Furthermore, the suggested masks doesn't work as it should. It could not be so easy - here is the correct one:

Album Artist [A-Z]|Icon:Top level|Child of:Library|Position:Before|Filter:Songs.ID NOT IN (SELECT Songs.ID FROM Songs, GenresSongs, Genres WHERE Genres.GenreName IN ('Audio books', 'Ljudbok') AND Songs.ID = GenresSongs.IDSong AND GenresSongs.IDGenre = Genres.IDGenre)\<Album Artist|Trim:1|Statistic:Count(All)>\<Album Artist|Statistic:Count(All)>\<Album|Sort by:Max(Year)|Statistic:Count(All)>
Weatherman

Post by Weatherman »

Dear all
Please could someone tell me what the node script would be to find Tracks that contain lyrics and tracks that do not contain lyrics? I have searched the posts, and I have evben tried to alter the magicnodes.vbs according to the advice in these forum pages.

If someone has already got such a node I'd be grateful.
best wishes
Jim
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Weatherman wrote:what the node script would be to find Tracks that contain lyrics and tracks that do not contain lyrics?
Have you tried the mask/node which is already supplied with the script - "Tracks without Lyrics"? It is under the Library / Files To Edit / Problematic tracks branch. If you want to find tracks which contain lyrics, you should enter <Lyrics> <> '' instead of <Lyrics> = ''. For example:

<Group|name:Problematic tracks|Show tracks:No|Child of:FilesToEdit|Position:Last child>\Tracks with Lyrics|Icon:Top level|Filter:<Lyrics> <> ''\<Title|Trim:1>\<Title>
I have evben tried to alter the magicnodes.vbs according to the advice in these forum pages.
???
Weatherman

Post by Weatherman »

Hi ZvesdanD, and thanks for your helpful reply. To be honest I didn't know about the problematic tracks nodes....

However, when I tried to use the node "Tracks without lyrics" I received the following error message.

"Error executing SQL "Select Count(*) As Count_ Unknown FROM Songs WHERE (Songs.lyrics = ") AND Songs.Id = Memos.Idsongs AND Memos.MemoType = 20000)
": No such column: Memos.MemoType (1, 1)

If I change from "=" to "<>" the message is similar.

Is it just a wee bug to be fixed later, or should I reinstall MagicNodes?
Jim