StayInSameStyleDJ [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

SatinKnights

Re: StayInSameStyleDJ [MM3]

Post by SatinKnights »

nynaevelan wrote:Ok, this is going to sound silly but I cannot find the options sheet to set it up, where do I look??

Nyn
That's not a silly question. Since this is now a true AutoDJ script, the options moved compared to the old version.

Tools -> Options -> Player -> AutoDJ/NowPlaying
Check "Enable AutoDJ", Automatically add "1", and select "Stay In Same Style AutoDJ" in the "add tracks from" drop down.
Then you will get a button just below the drop down that to gets you to the options page.

Unresolved Bug: On the Gilded skin, this button looks normal. On Eclipse and Noir, the button wants to disappear on me when I mouse over it. Anybody have an idea why the skins behave differently?
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

SatinKnights wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:Ok, this is going to sound silly but I cannot find the options sheet to set it up, where do I look??

Nyn
That's not a silly question. Since this is now a true AutoDJ script, the options moved compared to the old version.

Tools -> Options -> Player -> AutoDJ/NowPlaying
Check "Enable AutoDJ", Automatically add "1", and select "Stay In Same Style AutoDJ" in the "add tracks from" drop down.
Then you will get a button just below the drop down that to gets you to the options page.

Unresolved Bug: On the Gilded skin, this button looks normal. On Eclipse and Noir, the button wants to disappear on me when I mouse over it. Anybody have an idea why the skins behave differently?
THANK YOU, I was going nuts trying to find it. Now I will test it to see if it works to meet my needs but just as a heads-up I am looking for a script like this but that uses playcounts instead of ratings.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I think I have finally found the AutoDJ script to meet my needs, with the use of the filters I can create a filter that limits the playcounts and genre's that I want to be used by the script. Thank you for this. :D

Nyn

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Great script, I'm loving this. The fact that it loads whole albums is a must for me (I always listen to full albums) but the fact that it'll keep to the same genre means I know prefer this to my own "AutoAlbumDJ" script! :)

@nynaevelan - it is an auto DJ script so look in "Tools > Options > Player > Auto-DJ / Now Playing", select this script as the source and then click the "Stay In Same Style Options" button which appears below the dropdown.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
andy h

Post by andy h »

2) Added the Wander Genres that Andy H wanted
WOW! just had a test run, works perfect! thanks a lot for this feature!
Paperclip, The

Post by Paperclip, The »

Seems like it can't handle multiple genres. At least it doesn't seem it does (correct me if I'm wrong)

It would be great if multiple genres were added in the next release.
SatinKnights

Post by SatinKnights »

Paperclip, The wrote:Seems like it can't handle multiple genres. At least it doesn't seem it does (correct me if I'm wrong)

It would be great if multiple genres were added in the next release.
It does. At least the following is what I am doing. Did you expect something different?

With the "Same Genre" option checked on the top of the options page, when the NowPlaying gets to starting the last song in its list, I grab the CurrentSong.Genre which can easily be "Vocal;Jazz" as an example. I store it until the user selects and puts a NowPlaying song into the queue as last that I did not select. (Need to store, because of the commercial options come from different genres)

If "Wander Genres" is checked, the first few DB searches are going to be for WHERE Songs.Genre ='Vocal;Jazz' ... If the searches does not find a match for 'Vocal;Jazz' after (Database Retries)/3 times it will split the genre and try looking for Songs.Genre='Vocal'. If it still cannot find a song after (Database Retries) * 2/3, it will try Songs.Genre='Jazz'. Since other options dynamically adjust after each song, when we come around again for the next song selection, we use the "Vocal;Jazz" as the starting search criteria again.
An Example:

Ah, thought of something. Check on the "Loose Restrictions" option. That is what allows the retrying of searches and the wandering. With it off, the example above would only stay in the "Vocal;Jazz" and not try other possibilities. Actually, in my example it would have given up completely and the music would have stopped completely after song #2.

-SatinKnights
Paperclip, The

Post by Paperclip, The »

I think my ui is somewhat screwed up, which makes it hard to find all the buttons. But I found the wonder genre button and the loosen restrictions button and it works perfectly now. Many thanks.

btw is this the normal menu? It doesn't matter which skin I use the SISSDJ doesn't go away.

P.S. I'm really loving this script/autodj.
SatinKnights

Post by SatinKnights »

Ah ha. What version of MM are you running? I have been developing with recent RC builds. Specifically I have 3.1.0.1244 right now. That looks like something I saw six months ago. So, you might be using just 3.0 release. If you tell me what version you have, I can downgrade and see what I can do about removing the checkbox labels showing up wrong. The actual variable names are showing instead of the text labels.
-SatinKnights
Paperclip, The

Post by Paperclip, The »

I'm using mediamonkey 3.0.7.1191. The what I believed the latest official version of mediamonkey.
SatinKnights

Post by SatinKnights »

Ok. I loaded an old laptop with 3.0 official, and tweaked the bits. The display of the checkbox labels should be normal now. The NowPlaying sub-node had to be disabled when running on 3.0 because there are too many functions I used that don't exist in that version. All the other options should work fine.

While I was in there, I added two more options:
1) An option to skip "Overly Played Songs". When a style group is computed, I take the max(PlayCount) and skip songs that have a play count that is two thirds of that or higher. It is the exact opposite of what Nyn wanted, but it helps the "variety factor". The restriction is dropped when downgrading to Loose mode, or if the max play count in that group was less than 6.
2) Ratings can be Weighted or "anything over the minimum selected equally"

New version 2.1.4: http://mediamonkey.coloredpixels.com/MM ... 2.1.4.mmip
-SatinKnights
Paperclip, The

Post by Paperclip, The »

It all looks normal now. Thanks
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I am having some kind of conflict with StayISS and the stop after current in MM 3.1. Whenever I use the script and close MM after having stopped the last track with stop after current I get the message from Windows Vista that there was a problem and it has to close MM. Which of course makes me lose my current now playing list. Is this something specific to my machine or can it be fixed, I am on the latest beta version?

Nyn

SatinKnights

Post by SatinKnights »

nynaevelan wrote:I am having some kind of conflict with StayISS and the stop after current in MM 3.1. Whenever I use the script and close MM after having stopped the last track with stop after current I get the message from Windows Vista that there was a problem and it has to close MM. Which of course makes me lose my current now playing list. Is this something specific to my machine or can it be fixed, I am on the latest beta version?

Nyn
Unknown. I am on XP. I tried it a couple of times, and did not have MM3 crash. Since the script is "run" at the start of a new track when it is the last one in the NowPlaying queue, I don't see how it would be interfering with shutting down. It is not running at that time. The "stop" is issued before I am fired off again.

Can anyone else replicate this problem? It could be my script, as it is quite complex spaghetti. I would think though that it would cause MM3 to crash everytime, not caring whether the player was going or stopped.

Anyone else with Vista having problems?
Bex

Post by Bex »

I'm on XP, but if you're using a lot of events you could try to Unregisterallevents on shutdown. Or even specify each and every event you've registered. It might help?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts