How stabile is 3.1

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

wiz

How stabile is 3.1

Post by wiz »

I just purchased MM Gold and am very disappointed with the sync speed. I have almost 18,000 flac files, transcocding to mp3, that I want to sync to my iPod. At the rate it is going it will take 3 days to sync. I have a dual core laptop I am thinking about upgrading to 3.1 and have some questions.
  1. How stabile is 3.1?
  2. What kind of sync speed improvements can be expected on a dual core machine?
Thanks
Don
nohitter151

Re: How stabile is 3.1

Post by nohitter151 »

First of all, moved the thread to the Help forum. Please keep help related questions in the Help forum, and not in the Beta-testing area which should be reserved for discussion of bugs.

1. It is quite stable here on my system, and considering that it is a release candidate you can take that as you will. I know that many users are using it full-time at this point.

2. Hard to say. 3.1 does add some support for multiple core machines but I doubt it will be anything significant.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
wiz

Post by wiz »

I just installed version 3.1 and it is converting/uploading to the iPod about 3 times as fast. So it will be finished in less than a day instead of > 3 days it was going to take. A big improvement - kudos to the developers.
wiz

Post by wiz »

I think I spoke too soon. While it did start out blazingly fast it has since slowed down. It is faster but not by as much as I originally thought. I also have had MM 3.1 lock up (stop responding) three times on me. I had to use task manager to kill the task.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Please then try to install the debug version of MM 3.1, and send in a debug log of when it locks up so it can be fixed before it gets released:
http://mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=341
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts