MonkeyFlow 1.4

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

flashk

Re: MonkeyFlow 1.1 [MM3]

Post by flashk »

Tazza wrote:Hi i have the same problem as previously stated when the windows isn't centred and the scroll bar and buttons arnt fully visible, the fix that was suggested works but it means that when ever media monkey is open windows vista aearo them is disabled so its not really ideal.

Was wondering if you know why this happens or is there's a fix? thanks

And thanks for all your time yourve spent on it. Great plugin.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to reproduce this issue. Is it only happening on Vista machines?
Aff

Post by Aff »

flashk wrote:
Tazza wrote:Hi i have the same problem as previously stated when the windows isn't centred and the scroll bar and buttons arnt fully visible, the fix that was suggested works but it means that when ever media monkey is open windows vista aearo them is disabled so its not really ideal.

Was wondering if you know why this happens or is there's a fix? thanks

And thanks for all your time yourve spent on it. Great plugin.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to reproduce this issue. Is it only happening on Vista machines?
Yes, you need Windows Vista. I guess you need Aero Glass, so at least the Home Premium edition. See: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Window ... a1033.mspx
Benn

Post by Benn »

Found an error:

In a "Vizard Executeable Setup" dialog box, it says "Error Creating Directory"

Not sure what this means, whenever I try to use MonkeyFlow that box appears and nothing is loaded. I have tried reinstalling, deleting my settings in the .ini, deleting my art cache folder but cannot find anything wrong. Has anyone else experienced this?

PS This starting occuring tonight, after opening MM. This morning it worked fine (So says the MF.log file, dated this morning says) and the only thing I've done since is defrag my hard drives. (with MM closed)

EDIT: Worked fine when started MM this morning. Weird..
Last edited by Benn on Sun May 03, 2009 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonp

Post by jonp »

Great work flashk. Very very good looking and functional script.
TheMidnightOwl

Post by TheMidnightOwl »

OMG, this plugin is BADASS! I've been waiting for this for a looooooong time! I'd tried Pretty Pictures, and as promising as it was, unfortunately it was slow & kept crashing me out of MM. Yours works very smoothly, though - thank you, thank you, thank you. :)

1 tiny little suggestion.. perhaps a setting that lets you choose the angle? The center image looks a little top-heavy. Otherwise, it's absolutely perfect. Nice work. :D
TheMidnightOwl

Post by TheMidnightOwl »

Benn wrote:Found an error:

In a "Vizard Executeable Setup" dialog box, it says "Error Creating Directory"

Not sure what this means, whenever I try to use MonkeyFlow that box appears and nothing is loaded. I have tried reinstalling, deleting my settings in the .ini, deleting my art cache folder but cannot find anything wrong. Has anyone else experienced this?

PS This starting occuring tonight, after opening MM. This morning it worked fine (So says the MF.log file, dated this morning says) and the only thing I've done since is defrag my hard drives. (with MM closed)

EDIT: Worked fine when started MM this morning. Weird..
Just had the same exact error.. and it corrected itself the next time I ran MM. A minor thing.. still, nice work. :)
barkoz

Post by barkoz »

I have had this happen when Winviz has failed to shut down the last time i used MM. I found if i shut it down and re-started MM all was good.
flashk

Post by flashk »

Aff wrote:Yes, you need Windows Vista. I guess you need Aero Glass, so at least the Home Premium edition. See: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Window ... a1033.mspx
I've tested MonkeyFlow on multiple Vista machines, with Aero enabled, and still haven't been able to reproduce the problem. Very strange problem.
flashk

Post by flashk »

TheMidnightOwl wrote:OMG, this plugin is BADASS! I've been waiting for this for a looooooong time! I'd tried Pretty Pictures, and as promising as it was, unfortunately it was slow & kept crashing me out of MM. Yours works very smoothly, though - thank you, thank you, thank you. :)

1 tiny little suggestion.. perhaps a setting that lets you choose the angle? The center image looks a little top-heavy. Otherwise, it's absolutely perfect. Nice work. :D
Thanks! I've already added a setting for selecting different viewing angles. It will be in the next release.
danhackley

Post by danhackley »

Hi Flashk, any chance of implementing a few things I had suggested in your next release? In case you missed them, these were

1. the ability for monkeyflow to show only albums from the selected tree node
2. the ability to show the cover art in a jewel CD case
3. the ability to "flip" the CD to reveal the rear album art

Oh, and I thought of another;

4. the ability to group CDs by the same artist in "stacks" (like windows media player does) to allow quicker browsing

Many thanks,
Dan

PS good work!
Last edited by danhackley on Tue May 12, 2009 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3
Galaxian

Post by Galaxian »

Hi i have the same problem as previously stated when the windows isn't centred and the scroll bar and buttons arnt fully visible, the fix that was suggested works but it means that when ever media monkey is open windows vista aero them is disabled so its not really ideal.
I also have this problem - Vista Home Premium and WindowBlinds.
BigB

Post by BigB »

Really great Script!

In a future version, would it be possibel to have a hidden "Now Playing" list at the very right of the screen when running MonkeyFlow in full screen mode? If you for instance run your mouse over a small arrow at the right of the screen you pull out your "now playing" list and hide it again when moving the mouse away. It should be possible to use this "now playing" list as you normally would, like dragging around and removing entries.

Keep up the good work!
danhackley

Post by danhackley »

Sometimes Monkeyflow picks "cd.jpg" instead of "folder.jpg" to display the album cover. Is there any way to set "folder.jpg" as the default, or to manually select the cover which is displayed? Thanks !
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3
leo.vip

Post by leo.vip »

this plug in is AMAZING. thank you so much. As for those having problems with it using vista, I have encountered the problem as well, but mostly only when i do not run MM3 as admin. Make sure you run it as admin and you wont have any problems. If you can't run it as admin, try shutting down and starting MM3 many times, i found that after 3-4 times of restarting it it Monkeyflow worked well. I also had to uninstall minilyrics. If you have mini lyrics installed, try uninstalling them completely and try again.

I have a question though. Is there a way to make Monkey flow display album art of the "Now Playing" playlist? For some reasons Monkey flow only automatically changes the album art when I click on songs under the "My Lbirary" node, but will not change when clicking through the Now Playing. This is very annoying as the regular display album art works as it should but not Monkeyflow. Is anyone else experiencing this? How can I fix it?
Aff

Post by Aff »

leo.vip wrote:As for those having problems with it using vista, I have encountered the problem as well, but mostly only when i do not run MM3 as admin. Make sure you run it as admin and you wont have any problems. If you can't run it as admin, try shutting down and starting MM3 many times, i found that after 3-4 times of restarting it it Monkeyflow worked well. I also had to uninstall minilyrics.
Doesn't work for my computer. MM3/MonkeyFlow was always running as admin (even UAC deactivated) and minilyrics wasn't installed ever.