MonkeyFlow 1.4

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

leo.vip

Re: MonkeyFlow 1.1 [MM3]

Post by leo.vip »

interesting. i am running 64bit vista ultimate and it works just fine. has it never worked? if it worked at some point, have you tried ending the process from the task manager and then trying again?
Aff

Post by Aff »

@leo: I guess we don't write about same problem. MM3 and MonkeyFlow both work on my machine, the only problem is that the display of MonkeyFlow is not centered. The only workaround is to select the Disable desktop composition option in the program properties, which disables Aero Glass on Vista.
kjaem24

Post by kjaem24 »

Wow man, awesome script! The only thing that I ever missed about itunes now works on MM. It works perfectly for me. The only thing is that it runs my PC pretty hard, mostly around 70-80%, sometimes up to 100%. Reaction time is also about a bit slow and not real smooth. Any ideas about how I can improve performance?
leo.vip

Post by leo.vip »

any word on having monkey flow automatically switch artwork to the song that is currently playing?

it is annoying to have a random album's artwork stay and not switch when the songs in the now playing playlist are playing...

how can you sync the monkey flow with the now playing playlist?
turi

Post by turi »

Unbelievably nice... Thanks for the effort to prepare something like this. The speed is perfect. Just what I was looking for... =)

Post by Guest »

kjaem24 wrote: The only thing is that it runs my PC pretty hard, mostly around 70-80%, sometimes up to 100%. Reaction time is also about a bit slow and not real smooth. Any ideas about how I can improve performance?
That is true for me as well. Even when it should be idle, it still consumes CPU power (60%-70%), resulting in the fan getting mad and laptop getting hot =) Other than this, it is perfect, with the word's literal meaning =)
flashk

Post by flashk »

leo.vip wrote:any word on having monkey flow automatically switch artwork to the song that is currently playing?

it is annoying to have a random album's artwork stay and not switch when the songs in the now playing playlist are playing...

how can you sync the monkey flow with the now playing playlist?
The button in the lower right corner of the window (next to the fullscreen button) puts MonkeyFlow in "Now Playing" mode. This will cause it to automatically display the album art of the currently playing track. However, this only works for tracks that are added to your library.
flashk

Post by flashk »

Guest wrote:
kjaem24 wrote: The only thing is that it runs my PC pretty hard, mostly around 70-80%, sometimes up to 100%. Reaction time is also about a bit slow and not real smooth. Any ideas about how I can improve performance?
That is true for me as well. Even when it should be idle, it still consumes CPU power (60%-70%), resulting in the fan getting mad and laptop getting hot =) Other than this, it is perfect, with the word's literal meaning =)
What kind of graphics card do you have? Either way, try enabling the "Power Save" option in MonkeyFlow (right-click -> Settings -> Power Save). This should reduce CPU usage at the cost of lower frame rates.
flashk

Post by flashk »

danhackley wrote:Sometimes Monkeyflow picks "cd.jpg" instead of "folder.jpg" to display the album cover. Is there any way to set "folder.jpg" as the default, or to manually select the cover which is displayed? Thanks !
Currently, if a track has multiple album art associated with it, MonkeyFlow might not necessarily use the front cover art. I've made a change so that in the case of multiple album art, it will use the front cover image.
kjaem24

Post by kjaem24 »

I love this script but one thing bothers me. Often I play songs only from one genre node. For example, when I am in the mood to hear southern rock than I click on the southern rock genre. I noticed that MonkeyFlow still displays the art for my entire library though instead of just displaying the art from the southern rock genre. Is there any way you can get it to display only the node that you are currently playing?
danhackley

Post by danhackley »

OK, I'm hearing a bit of repetition of feature requests for Monkeyflow, so I have gone through the last few pages of the thread and summarised the requests here. I hope this helps flashk.

In order of descending importance/usefulness (IMHO):

1. The ability for Monkeyflow to display albums only from the selected tree node (or magicnode)
2. The option for Monkeyflow to display album covers in a jewel (standard) CD case (much improving the visual appeal)
3. The option for Monkeyflow to display the rear album covers also (preferably in a CD case also); this could be done by having a button to "flip" the CD over to see the back
4. The option to display albums by the same album artist in "stacks" with the ability to expand the stack if required (to save flicking through many albums by the same artist)
5. The option to manually select which album art Monkeyflow uses for the cover
6. The option to display album art of the "now playing" list
7. The option to get rid of the text below the album art
8. The ability to sort by more parameters than just artist and album (e.g. year/date)
9. A "now playing" list when Monkeyflow is in fullscreen mode

Thanks & keep up the good work,
Dan
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3
gege

Post by gege »

There's another request I've heard in the past:
10. The ability to keep the entire current track list, as the users goes clicking on different covers. With this option ON, the list would be REPOSITIONED to display tracks of the clicked album. Currently, the active track list is SHORTENED to display ONLY tracks of the clicked album.
Aff

Post by Aff »

May I add some more:

11. Option to hide items with missing album art
12. Speed control when scrolling through the covers. Dynamic speed would be nice: start more slowly and accelerate continuously.
13. Move page by page with mouse clicks, as it alyready works by pressing PgUp/PgDown. Normally this should be the reaction when clicking in the empty space of the scrollbar. Click and hold should scroll by pages (but not too fast).
14. Option to group by album only. I've got some samplers and movie soundtracks with several album artists, so the same album art is shown many times, for every artist, better would be only once.
15. Full Vista compatibility

Thanks again for this great work.
danhackley

Post by danhackley »

Wow, popular script !! What do you think of the request list, flashk ? Summarised below:

1. The ability for Monkeyflow to display albums only from the selected tree node (or magicnode)
2. The option for Monkeyflow to display album covers in a jewel (standard) CD case (much improving the visual appeal)
3. The option for Monkeyflow to display the rear album covers also (preferably in a CD case also); this could be done by having a button to "flip" the CD over to see the back
4. The option to display albums by the same album artist in "stacks" with the ability to expand the stack if required (to save flicking through many albums by the same artist)
5. The option to manually select which album art Monkeyflow uses for the cover
6. The option to display album art of the "now playing" list
7. The option to get rid of the text below the album art
8. The ability to sort by more parameters than just artist and album (e.g. year/date)
9. A "now playing" list when Monkeyflow is in fullscreen mode
10. The ability to keep the entire current track list, as the users goes clicking on different covers. With this option ON, the list would be REPOSITIONED to display tracks of the clicked album. Currently, the active track list is SHORTENED to display ONLY tracks of the clicked album.
11. Option to hide items with missing album art
12. Speed control when scrolling through the covers. Dynamic speed would be nice: start more slowly and accelerate continuously.
13. Move page by page with mouse clicks, as it alyready works by pressing PgUp/PgDown. Normally this should be the reaction when clicking in the empty space of the scrollbar. Click and hold should scroll by pages (but not too fast).
14. Option to group by album only. I've got some samplers and movie soundtracks with several album artists, so the same album art is shown many times, for every artist, better would be only once.
15. Full Vista compatibility
:D
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3
XCFan

Post by XCFan »

I really wish I could use this! Unfortunately, my poor, little graphics card can't take it.... I'm curious though, how does this compare to iTunes coverflow? I downloaded iTunes to see if it worked, and it did, but MEDIAMONKEY PWNS ITUNES! I can't switch, especially because I'd have to convert all my .wma files to .mp3 files. Could someone give me an objective comparison?
Thanks!
XCFan