How can I have this clean layout?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Joshua B

How can I have this clean layout?

Post by Joshua B »

As seen in the wiki:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/images/ ... .3_eee.png

How do I set up MediaMonkey so that the center contains only a large thumb like the photo?
nohitter151

Re: How can I have this clean layout?

Post by nohitter151 »

Download and install the applicable skin, then just disable all views except for tree, album art, and now playing. You can resize the album art window to take up the majority of the space in the middle.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Where's the "Library"/"Main Window" though? I don't see it in that screenshot, and you're not able to disable it.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Mizery_Made wrote:Where's the "Library"/"Main Window" though? I don't see it in that screenshot, and you're not able to disable it.
I think he just enlarged the album art window to the point where a majority of the main window was covered.

Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Oh, well, I guess that's possible. I haven't really messed with my "view" since 2.5.5, and I use the main window often, so haven't tried hiding it like it was suggested to hide the tree prior to being able to actually hide it. Thanks for pointing that out.
Joshua B

Post by Joshua B »

nohitter151 wrote:Download and install the applicable skin, then just disable all views except for tree, album art, and now playing. You can resize the album art window to take up the majority of the space in the middle.
I am using the skin.

In the screenshot I linked, Player is also selected in view. :-)

I don't believe the author simply resized the album art window, as the window border is just not there. But I could be wrong.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Joshua B wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:Download and install the applicable skin, then just disable all views except for tree, album art, and now playing. You can resize the album art window to take up the majority of the space in the middle.
I am using the skin.

In the screenshot I linked, Player is also selected in view. :-)

I don't believe the author simply resized the album art window, as the window border is just not there. But I could be wrong.
I installed this skin. There is no window border, so I don't understand what you mean. I was able to easily replicate the look of that image in my MM using the same steps I described.

Zeke129

Post by Zeke129 »

I'm showing this to everyone who calls Mediamonkey ugly.

Post by Guest »

nohitter151 wrote:I installed this skin. There is no window border, so I don't understand what you mean. I was able to easily replicate the look of that image in my MM using the same steps I described.
In the Album Art window, I right clicked on the window and unchecked "Show Titlebar." That removed the window border I was speaking of. :-) I'm happy now. Thanks for your help!
JeffV64

Post by JeffV64 »

So is the album art just sitting directly over the main window? I've never been able to get the album art to dock to the middle window, but I can click the album art for the larger version, then move that so it hides the main window. Not convinced that I like this view, but was curious about how to recreate it.

Jeff
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

JeffV64 wrote:So is the album art just sitting directly over the main window? I've never been able to get the album art to dock to the middle window, but I can click the album art for the larger version, then move that so it hides the main window. Not convinced that I like this view, but was curious about how to recreate it.

Jeff
Yeah, you can just dock it next to the tree/right at the top of the main library view.