1251: Error tagging files with album art

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

charlieMOGUL

1251: Error tagging files with album art

Post by charlieMOGUL »

Hi,

I noticed in build 1251 that files do not always get tagged correctly with album art.
When song 1 is playing, and I select song 2 to update its tag using auto-tag from web, it looks like the tag gets updated.
However, when you stop Mediamonkey and start it again it seems that the tag (album art) is *not* updated.

Another thing is that when you update a tag using auto-tag from web when a song is playing, the album art panel is not (always) updated as soon as the tag is updated.

Usually I test builds as soon as they are published - As far as I know this is the first build with these specific problems.

Regards,

charlieMOGUL
rusty

Re: 1251: Error tagging files with album art

Post by rusty »

charlieMOGUL,

I can't reproduce this in 1251. Does it occur with all albums? Any other hints?

Here's how I tested:

1) Deleted artwork from album
2) Play track 1 (also tested with track in middle of album, tested both in Details and AA+Details views)
3)a) Select track 2 > auto-tag from web (save to tag)
b) Select all tracks in Album > auto-tag from web (save to tag)
4) Verified that Art is updated for the selected track(s) by examining art for each track in the Album Art Window.
5) Closed MM and restarted / reverified Album Art in the Properties > Album Art tab.

-Rusty
charlieMOGUL

Post by charlieMOGUL »

Hi Rusty,

I think I found the culprit - sometimes MM doesn't close properly, and maybe (?) it locks the database and/or a track (?)
When I look at the process explorer I see two MM's running, although they are set to run in single mode.

Thanks for looking into this,

charlieMOGUL
rusty

Post by rusty »

charlieMOGUL,

Out of curiousity, are you using the regular build? or debug build?

-Rusty
charlieMOGUL

Post by charlieMOGUL »

Hi Rusty,

I'm using the regular build whenever possible. I justi installed RC-3 (1255) and let you know if I run into the same issues (not closing down properly).

charlieMOGUL