Wrong size of Tree view in Auto-Sync Configuration dialog

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Lauti2

Wrong size of Tree view in Auto-Sync Configuration dialog

Post by Lauti2 »

Normally, the tree view showing the music of your library content spans almost the complete dialog and resizes accordingly when the dialog is resized. If the dialog is expanded to a size bigger than the default size, then closed and then reopened, the dialog opens up in the size it was before closing but the music selection tree view is initialized to default size anyway so that much of the dialog is just empty. Resizing the dialog doesn't help, the constant offset remains. You need to shrink the dialog to its minimum size, close it and open it again to get rid of this.
Lowlander

Re: Wrong size of Tree view in Auto-Sync Configuration dialog

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey and Windows are you experiencing this? Are you using the skinned or unskinned version of Mediamonkey?
Lauti2

Post by Lauti2 »

I experienced this with the latest MM 3.1 Beta Debug Build (skinned) on Windows XP Sp3.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

I don't understand the problem, can you post some screenshots please?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
wiz

Post by wiz »

I am having the same issue. I had it in the 3.1 beta versions and now also in the production release v3.1.0.1256. It is just as Lauti2 describes it. In MM right click on your iPod device and select 'Configure Device'. Select the 'Auto-Sync List' tab and then select the 'Music' tab. Resize the window to make it larger by dragging the bottom right corner. Now click 'OK' and then open the window again. You will notice that the window is the same size you resized it to but the control inside the 'Music' tab did not stay resized. It is the same default size.

I have screen shots but can't figure out how to upload them on this forum. If you send me a PM with your email address I'll send them to you.

Don
wiz

Post by wiz »

It's been almost 3 months. Any update on this issue?
wiz

Post by wiz »

I just installed v3.1.1 and still have the same problem. How hard can it be to fix this???
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

> I am having the same issue. I had it in the 3.1 beta versions and now also in the production release v3.1.0.1256.

I am fairly sure I didn't see it in the beta versions (I do often enlarge that box) and definitely I don't see it now on V1256, skinned or non. EDIT: Correction: non-skinned not tested.

I have WinXP SP2. You?

> I have screen shots but can't figure out how to upload them on this forum.

I think that's disallowed. Instead I use http://imageshack.us/ which works well, esp. through Firefox adding ImageBot.
Chris
wiz

Post by wiz »

I am running Windows XP SP3 and MM 3.1.1.1261. As I described before here is how to reproduce the problem with screen shots.

In MM right click on your MP3 device and select 'Configure Device'. Select the 'Auto-Sync List' tab and then select the 'Music' tab.

Default view - Image

Resize the window to make it larger by dragging the bottom right corner.

Expanded view - Image

Now click 'OK' and then open the window again. You will notice that the window is the same size you resized it to but the control inside the 'Music' tab did not stay resized. It is the same default size.

Reopen view - Image

Don
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Thank you for the clear description. Bug is reported and tracked at: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=6034

Note that this bug only occurs in the skinned MM, not in non-skinned.

Should be fixed in build 1274.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.