MegaDJ v2.59 [MM3+4] 2012: Better compatibility + time fix

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

rogerr

Re: MegaDJ v2.37 [MM3] - (2009-03-12)

Post by rogerr »

I think there may be a few bugs on using non-alphanumerics for playlist names (when referencing them with the rotate command)

I think rotate is what makes MegaDJ really unique. I'd love to have a way of quickly changing which MegaDJ playlists are included in a rotate. This allows for varying the music mix in a "DJ" situation. Could be a new UI panel or drop down menu with checkmarks for the available MegaDJ playlists.
stands2reason

Post by stands2reason »

I'm want to make a node that has the x oldest, unplayed podcasts from each Album. I know genre=Podcast, but what is the term used for play count? And how do I choose x items from a certain Album, sorted by the Date tag?
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

I think there may be a few bugs on using non-alphanumerics for playlist names (when referencing them with the rotate command)
I'll look into that thanks...

but what is the term used for play count?
Take a look in the dropdown - it's: PlayCounter

You may want to experiment with the last played and timestamp fields too (select those from the dropdown too).
And how do I choose x items from a certain Album, sorted by the Date tag?
Type this into the Query Filter:
Album=whatever

Select the Advanced tickbox, and put this into the Math filter:
Year

Finally, select Math Filter type as "Order", and how many Tunes you want (default is 100).
MegaDJ v2 - Lightning fast and easy to use search to replace the standard AutoPlaylist. Features include random jukebox style playlists, along with syncing, weighting options, and logic complete querying.
stands2reason

Post by stands2reason »

twinbee wrote:
And how do I choose x items from a certain Album, sorted by the Date tag?
Type this into the Query Filter:
Album=whatever

Select the Advanced tickbox, and put this into the Math filter:
Year

Finally, select Math Filter type as "Order", and how many Tunes you want (default is 100).
Whoops, that was poorly worded. What I meant to say is, "how do I select the five oldest unplayed from each album?
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

Hmm.. you'd have to do one album at a time unfortunately. The only way around currently, would be to create many nodes, each with an album in, and then combine them all into one master node, but that makes no sense of course if you have hundreds or thousands of albums...
MegaDJ v2 - Lightning fast and easy to use search to replace the standard AutoPlaylist. Features include random jukebox style playlists, along with syncing, weighting options, and logic complete querying.
superakcraig

Post by superakcraig »

Hello Twinbee,

I am looking to do something with MegaDJ. Maybe you can tell me how to do it. I have pre-made playlists lets call them Playlist A, Playlist B, Playlist C and Playlist D. By using a script in MediaMonkey I was able to import those lists.

Now what I want to do is play those lists in a certain order (like a rotation clock in radio). For example I would like them to play in a particular order one random song from each list in this order:

Playlist B
Playlist C
Playlist A
Playlist B
Playlist C (then repeat)

Is it possible to do this and if so, how would I? I know that your MegaDJ will rotate playlists, but I seem to missing a step or something because I keep getting the "Error: A MDJ Playlist name you entered doesn't exist."

Thanks for your time and effort.
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

Are the "pre-made playlists" ordinary Mediamonkey playlists or MegaDJ playlists? If the former, then that's a feature that may well get added to the next version of MDJ but isn't there at present unfortunately.
superakcraig

Post by superakcraig »

yes twinbee they are premade lists made actually by winamp. i have been searching for a month or two for a program to rotate my playlists like i mentioned and your plugin (script) has come the closest. Can u please tell me how i can do this with your program or if it even possible?

being able to import premade playlists would be awesome. i would permantly switch from winamp to media monkey is this happened.

thanks for your time and efforts and i look forward to your response
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

There are two ways I can go about implementing this - what do you think you would prefer:

a: Loading a playlist directly into MegaDJ via a directory requestor - this could get a little bit messy for the end user as playlists with lots of tracks would means lots of SongTitle='blah blah' inside the megadj node. Also it won't dynamically update if the original playlist file is changed. However, inside the node, one can use MDJ's inbuilt functions more easily.

b: The second way would be for me to get MegaDJ to take the tracks directly from MediaMonkey's internal playlists (which aren't saved anywhere on the HD afaik, at least not in m3u format). If I did it this way, I would need to add a randomize feature for track rotation.

So it's swings and roundabouts. But what do you think would suit you better?
superakcraig

Post by superakcraig »

honestly i am thinking B would probably work as good as anything. Plus i was hoping for that randomize feature you are speaking of as well. i am assuming that just by saying "rotate playlist a*1,playlist b*1" that megadj will look at the imported playlists and make it happen?

listen i want to thank you for doing this...i used to be a dj in radio and have wanted for a long time now to be able to play my music in a rotation and you may very well make this happen. not that its important but u will be getting a donation from me :)
superakcraig

Post by superakcraig »

Hey Twinbee,

I was wondering if you had an update on the progress of adding my idea to rotate playlists within MegaDJ?

Just curious.

Thanks,
superakcraig
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

Just been getting to grips with MM's "PlaylistSongs" and "Playlists" database tables. Thankfully, it should definitely be possible to do from what I can see...
superakcraig

Post by superakcraig »

great...hope u can get it done soon :)
twinbee

Re: MegaDJ v2.40 [MM3] - (2009-06-20)

Post by twinbee »

Release of MegaDJ v2.40:

When upgrading in future, people can use Mediamonkey's standard "Tools -> Extensions -> Find/Install Updates" feature. However, just this once, you'll need to visit the MDJ homepage to upgrade the demo version, or if you have the full version, use the special URL location you received just after Paypal (email/msg me if you have misplaced it).

The new '?' symbol can now be used when rotating playlists to choose a random track from a playlist. See example 32 in the dropdown help to see how it works fully.

MDJ now also supports rotation of ordinary Mediamonkey playlists superakcraig will be pleased to know :) Autoplaylists are not supported however.

Finally, fixed a bug - using the "Rotating Playlist" feature now allows the dash symbol "-" as a character in playlist names.
superakcraig

Re: MegaDJ v2.40 [MM3] - (2009-06-20) (new: rotate MM playlists)

Post by superakcraig »

AWESOME...I can't wait to try it out!!