Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MusicBringer

Re: Backup 5.2 [MM2+3]

Post by MusicBringer »

nynaevelan wrote:MB:

This might be due to the skin you are using, I tried resizing the box with Blue Glass and 3 custom installed skins and they all resize correctly.

Nyn
Might be.
Here is another (default) skin's images.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I'm at a loss because mine is resizing correctly:

3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Skins with different fonts currently mess up script forms pretty significantly. For example, the buttons "Ok" and "Cancel" are actually set to be the same top position - so clearly something is going wrong! I've initiated discussion with the developers about this and will let you know if anything comes out of it.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

Thanks. I am not overly bothered as I can still use your script (essential) script. Just thought you would wish to be aware :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It's the font size more than anything else. Have you changed this as well as the skin?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

MM font size is PX8.
I believe my Windows font size is default, but dunno how to verify that (using XP Pro).
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I think setting it to 0% will fix the problem, but obviously you don't want to do that so hopefully the developers will come back to me with some helpful advice.
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

trixmoto wrote:I think setting it to 0% will fix the problem..
Here is fonts set to zero%.
First: the display as opened.
Second: rsized to the right.
Using the zero setting is unworkable with any skin, and so too are script dialog boxes
No need to tweak this for me.
Using PX8 is a usable workaround.
I suppose there is a fix needed to the underlying code.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

0% with the ION skin works fine for me. The field positions are all the same as before this new functionality was brought into MM. I have absolutely no idea how I can account for every font size and screen resolution! :-?
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

Just for the record here are images of ION skin.
I am not looking for any action to be taken.
This is for info only :)
First with font at PX8
Second with font set at 0% [far too HUGE] and resized dialog box.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It must be something else then, possibly your Windows settings or maybe screen resolution. Either way I think that's going to make it even more difficult to find a solution! :-? This is how it should look...

RobertSmith

Post by RobertSmith »

OK, Here comes a really stupid question :roll:

What is the purpose of the backup script?

Is it settings in MM what could be restored? if I want to move/reinstall or if have made some bad changes, installed a script what I can't uninstall (not a trixmoto script :) )

Or could I restore tags? All tag information used by MM (not extended tags) is stored in MM SQL db. If have made some stupid changes (removing some tags...) could I when use a backup to restore tags (synchronize from db to tag)
Boys Don't Cry
3.1.0.1256 - M$ Vista Business sp1, DELL laptop, WD USB HDD 1TB (iPhone 3GS 32GB, iPod 30GB, Archos AV500 60GB)
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

:lol: :lol: Seems to me to have answered some of the reasons to your own question. But there are many other problems that a backup could resolve....

your db becomes corrupted, you somehow lost your tags/playlists/playcounts etc..., you made some tag changes which you no longer want to use, you added files to your db that you do not want in your db, you upgraded to a version that changed/messed something up etc.....

The list could go on and on, I will tell you this, my db would not be what it is without this script and it has saved me from many disasters (most of them user created).

Nyn

RobertSmith

Post by RobertSmith »

nynaevelan wrote::lol: :lol: Seems to me to have answered some of the reasons to your own question. But there are many other problems that a backup could resolve....
The list could go on and on, I will tell you this, my db would not be what it is without this script and it has saved me from many disasters (most of them user created).
Nyn
Thy Nyn, Sounds great, so I can restore tag inf? That could have save me several hours... Yesterday I thought I did an update to an extended tag only, but what wasn't the case... I'm using Mp3Tag and I forgot to refresh my view in Mp3Tag before i did the update -> so not only did I update the ext. tag I also update all other tags (to a status they were a couple of hours earlier, all changes made in MM was gone...)

So with a backup db, and tracks/files haven't been moved/delete etc. I could restore all tags as they were at a specific moment by restore db and then mark my collection and synchronize (advanced tag management), correct?

Can I save multiple version of backup
What happens if I move/delete files/tracks?

Before I wrote more question, is there a FAQ or some written help for this script, where to save backup etc?
This script/function is so important so I really want to know how it works and if there is something what I should do before I start to use it?
Boys Don't Cry
3.1.0.1256 - M$ Vista Business sp1, DELL laptop, WD USB HDD 1TB (iPhone 3GS 32GB, iPod 30GB, Archos AV500 60GB)
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

RobertSmith wrote:
So with a backup db, and tracks/files haven't been moved/delete etc. I could restore all tags as they were at a specific moment by restore db and then mark my collection and synchronize (advanced tag management), correct?
Yup
RobertSmith wrote:Can I save multiple version of backup
Yup
RobertSmith wrote:What happens if I move/delete files/tracks?
You can do a locate/rescan for moved tracks
RobertSmith wrote:Before I wrote more question, is there a FAQ or some written help for this script, where to save backup etc?
This script/function is so important so I really want to know how it works and if there is something what I should do before I start to use it?
I don't think there is a faq available but you should problably read through this topic to see if others have suggestions to what to save. Personally I have mine setup to save once an hour and I have the scripts, plugins, registry settings, extensions, skins, autoplaylists and ini settings as options to be saved. I have them saved to an external hard drive. I also keep my backups in folders based on months and I keep three months worth of backups. Although the db or ini file are the only ones that I have restored consistently. But there have been several times when I've needed to restore a script or two to an older version. Also, although not a part of this script, I use SyncBack to save all my music on two different extrnal hard drives. So if for some strange reason I destroy the music files themselves, I can recover them from a backup copy. You may ask why two backups, because I once inadvertantly deleted my music drive and the backup drive. Now I have two separate backups to save me from myself. :lol: :lol:

Nyn