iphone 3g OS 3.0 (developer preview OS)

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

kalowski

Re: iphone 3g OS 3.0 (developer preview OS)

Post by kalowski »

Hello?
Anything...?
Is anyone working on it?
HSChronic

Post by HSChronic »

the beta d_iphone.dll works fine, but you have to open iTunes after putting your music on to fix the issue with music not showing up. That is what I do with my iPhone after syncing it. Everything works fine for me after doing that.
cmx

Post by cmx »

There has been no information, action or testing readily visible to users from MM since initial Mantis entry on 6/18/09. Any information regarding MM's compatibility commitment and progress would be appreciated.

Business office management concerns and personal use of multiple iphone devices in our households are creating considerable time and efficiency issues due to MM compatibility problems....we appreciate MM and its capabilities and value. We also understand the issues introduced by Apple. But at the same time we need practical information to make business and personal management decisions. We all went ahead here with transiton to 3.0(and new 3GS phone integration) because pertinent features and software upgrades outweighed potential short term incompatibility issues with MM.

We have made considerable business investment in equipment and contractual obligation in iphones...initially- the mixing of "personal entertainment" functionality and business equipment was not seen as a problem or a potential issue...unfortunately Apple has made it one. We understand it is not by MM's hand or intention.

Yet, the complete lack of information and communication from MM concerning this issue is disconcerting and makes any practical decision making process impossible. We will hopefully have more information in the future and definitely consider things more carefully.

Thanks for any help and info concerning this issue.
markstuartwalker

Post by markstuartwalker »

HSChronic wrote:the beta d_iphone.dll works fine, but you have to open iTunes after putting your music on to fix the issue with music not showing up. That is what I do with my iPhone after syncing it. Everything works fine for me after doing that.
How can I get hold of this beta version?
What do you need to do in iTunes afterwards?
Does this help in the meantime? http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 52#p216352

Mark
Windows 7,8 / Ubuntu 13.10 / Mavericks 10.9 / iOS 7.1 / iTunes 11.1
iTunes plugin (d_itunes & itunes4) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=45713
Running MM under Mac OS X with Wine http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=58507
jiri

Post by jiri »

Just to post a short update about progress of the plug-in: it goes well, some parts are already working. Some more work is needed, I won't tell any date, but if you want a _very_ rough estimate, there could be something out in about a week.

Jiri
kalowski

Post by kalowski »

jiri wrote:Just to post a short update about progress of the plug-in: it goes well, some parts are already working. Some more work is needed, I won't tell any date, but if you want a _very_ rough estimate, there could be something out in about a week.

Jiri
Many thanks, Jiri.
I think that we can't ask for more than this.
DaSwitz

Post by DaSwitz »

Thanks Jiri.

I think most of us are just wanting some kind of updates on progress--so we know there's progress going on. As long as I know there's progress being made, I'm happy. While I hate iTunes, I can manage to use it for a little bit until MM is updated. I just don't want to have to find another program to manage my collection!!!
njkode

Post by njkode »

jiri wrote:Just to post a short update about progress of the plug-in: it goes well, some parts are already working. Some more work is needed, I won't tell any date, but if you want a _very_ rough estimate, there could be something out in about a week.

Jiri

Thank you for the update
wamarler

Post by wamarler »

DaSwitz wrote:Thanks Jiri.

I think most of us are just wanting some kind of updates on progress--so we know there's progress going on. As long as I know there's progress being made, I'm happy. While I hate iTunes, I can manage to use it for a little bit until MM is updated.
+1

I couldn't have said it better. Thank you for the update. It's much easier to be patient when we know there's something to be patient for. Your efforts are not taken for granted.
crites

Post by crites »

You rock Jiri!
HSChronic

Post by HSChronic »

thanks for the update. Yeah the old iphone DLL worked up until iTunes 8.2. I love my iPhone but I can't stand Apple. I don't understand their reasoning behind blocking 3rd party utils from putting music on your phone.
kalowski

Post by kalowski »

iTunes asked me to update to 3.0.1 today, I'm not gonna, but I wonder if this will affect Jiri's work so far?
Wargazm

Post by Wargazm »

From what I've read, 3.0.1 just contained a fix for an SMS security exploit. I suppose it's possible that apple would be big enough bastards to change the database encryption again for such a small change, but I doubt it.

The big concern is when 3.1 comes out.
aduarte

Post by aduarte »

Good, just to know where to find any update on the progress, because i almost had pointen my start page at the "mantis bug 0005798: Add support for iPhone 3.0 firmware " but none progress have shown.
One week it´s a great news, even if its a rough beta.
telliott

Post by telliott »

HSChronic wrote:thanks for the update. Yeah the old iphone DLL worked up until iTunes 8.2. I love my iPhone but I can't stand Apple. I don't understand their reasoning behind blocking 3rd party utils from putting music on your phone.
I hear ya! Apple makes great products we love but then puts on these stupid restrictions that drive us all crazy!

I was about to throw in the towel and convert my flac files to alac using dbpoweramp, which is really fast, even though the converted files are slightly larger than my flac files (I used max compression), but then I noiticed that iTunes will not auto convert lossless files on the fly when syncing to my iPod Touch. I don't need losslesss on the go and I know auto conversion is available in iTunes, but it's limited to the shuffle.

People point to features missing in iTunes and iTunes "bugs" but we know these things are intentional because Apple knows what's best for us. GGGRRRRR!

Tim