Cafe skins - New Cafe Blues colour (2009-01-18)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

antietam

Re: Cafe skins - New Cafe Blues colour (2009-01-18)

Post by antietam »

rovingcowboy wrote:no idea what it is until we get more info from you. :D
What kind of info do you need? All other skins (default, Agora, Helium BL, MM-Ultimate) work perfectly.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

well for not knowing you seem to have said the right info.

cause now we know its not an admin error in vista. and that it is in the skin's install file or mskn file.
or that he might have even forgot to place the player mskn in to the mmip file.

nothing we can do until he gets those checked out. :)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
antietam

Post by antietam »

It looks like this. There's no player!
k_r_eriksson

Post by k_r_eriksson »

find the skin. I think it can be in "program files/mediamonkey/skins/". Change the file name from "filename.mmip" to "filename.zip". Open the zip file and look if you can find a file called "player.mskn" and "player.ini"
antietam

Post by antietam »

k_r_eriksson wrote:find the skin. I think it can be in "program files/mediamonkey/skins/". Change the file name from "filename.mmip" to "filename.zip". Open the zip file and look if you can find a file called "player.mskn" and "player.ini"
There is a folder titled "Cafe Moka 5B". And yes, I have located these two files.
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

What did you do to have this? I have never seen that sort of thing.
Try menu Display|Player.

The skin is not compressed, there's no msz file. In the "Cafe Moka 5B" folder you should have 15 files.
Otherwise install the skin again. Let me know.

Eyal :~)
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
antietam

Post by antietam »

Eyal wrote:What did you do to have this? I have never seen that sort of thing.
Try menu Display|Player.

The skin is not compressed, there's no msz file. In the "Cafe Moka 5B" folder you should have 15 files.
Otherwise install the skin again. Let me know.
I did nothing wrong, trust me :) And yes, there are 15 files in the mentioned folder. The skin has been installed and re-installed four or five times - with the same result: the main player is still missing. To be on the safe side, I have downloaded and installed a couple of other newer skins from the forum - all of them work fine. Except yours. Sorry.
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Does MiniPlayer work? Do you use latest MM 3.1 version?
antietam

Post by antietam »

Eyal wrote:Does MiniPlayer work? Do you use latest MM 3.1 version?
Yes, I use the latest version. And the MiniPlayer works as well as the Micro does.
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Strange... :-? I don't understand why it's doing this for you.
I have test it on XP, Vista and Win 7, no related probem.
Anybody else has an idea?

Anyway I began to update my skins to use latest MM 3.1 features. They will be availlable soon in september.

Thanks

Eyal :~)
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

This is just blowing me away. I installed the skin to see if it did it to me and it worked fine on my Vista 64-bit. I'd sure would be interested in finding out what's causing this when you guys do figure it out. :-?
Stop Button Freak
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

antietam wrote:
k_r_eriksson wrote:find the skin. I think it can be in "program files/mediamonkey/skins/". Change the file name from "filename.mmip" to "filename.zip". Open the zip file and look if you can find a file called "player.mskn" and "player.ini"
There is a folder titled "Cafe Moka 5B". And yes, I have located these two files.
folder? you should not have a folder for that skin?

all that should be there is a folder for skins in mediamonkey and in that skins folder should be only the msz file of the skin. if you change that msz to a zip and open it you should see only one folder and that is called icon all the other files are ini or mskn or images files.

eyal did you zip up your production folders in the msz file,? they don't need included in the msz file and in fact can make some errors show up when the skin is not in an msz file. which you might have seen doing making of your skins. :-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

wait a minute here? just thought i have had simular things like this happen with skins i make when i put them in a computer they were never in.

if the main player skin is larger then the one i was just using some times the player does not show up only the
size of the previous skin's player will show of the new skins player making it look like a strip of the player.

to fix that i have loaded another large size skin and then gone back to the new skin and got the player to show up.
this can be fixed doing that and there might be away to make it work in the ini file by the author.
change the skin engine size adjustment code at the top of the ini file to 1,0,1,0 that should make it only stretch sideways, of couse you might also try all zeros and that won't let it stretch at all.. but once i have adjusted it in the computer by changing to the larger skin and then back to the new large skin i dont get this error anymore.
so try that get a larger skin in height then this one and load it then switch to this one. see if that works.
i believe my farmer monkey and the silvertone skin are higher then this one. and they work on smallish size screens so try one of them to get it to show. now i am not saying it will work just that this has been the case on my systems here both this dell and the old upgrade to Xp from win Me system. and the lenovo system all seem to need me to do this with some skins.
:o
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Hi Cowboy,
No I haven't zip Cafe skins in a msz file. Beacause of a bug with list background color, it appeared to work well when uncompressed. This was last year with MM version 3.0.

But for the empty player, if I understand what you say, he must switch to another skin with a bigger player to make it work? :-? That's strange because Antietam is the only person to have this problem (I hope so! :oops: )...
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

there is an error in the mm3.1 theme if you don't zip it in to msz file the noaart.png wont show up on the album art with details view.
and possilbly not on the album art location on the player.. it does not here.
so they fixed some errors in it now. but the one i said above is only if you don't zip the skin to msz file.

i have not had trouble with the back ground list colors, just which are you talking about the ones on the menu drop down area? just change them in the code on the right side for the menu area. most the time there is two colors to change the active color on top
and the second color is just above the font listing in the right hand column in the theme engine.
the second one is what will show.
something does seem to make the images added to the menu items not show up on certain objects. but i just change them to color. you got to remember too that control button in the theme engine is just for making sure the major items are what you want. not every thing is shown by it. so just use it for a check of the main control stuff.

yes i said that if they go to a larger player skin then back to this one it might work, since i have had to do that here on some of the skins. this is part of the ever on going error we found back in beta 3.0.0.1 or so it still shows up in little different styles each time they update the theme engine or windows does an update? so its getting fixed slowly and thus has added some quirkieness to the skins.
if they have a larger enough pixel sized screen res.. they could get the largest skin i know of and use it to switch too, then all the stuff should work proper and that is my skin called " On the Range " 8)